VOLO_VRHome200Frasca VRForum468Helicopter AcademyTigerTugs
Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Commissioned Army Officer to Aviation Warrant Officer

commission warrant officer woft revert resign commissioned ROTC flight school CW2

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#281 AngryJoe

AngryJoe

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:33

Well fellas, I can start to see it coming full circle.  Spent my last day as the Brigade Chief of Operations, outprocessed Fort Wainwright, and am currently in British Columbia making my way toward Fort Rucker.  I resign my commission 18 SEP and swear my oath on 19 SEP.  Report to Rucker on 28 SEP.  Enjoying some much needed leave in between.  

It's been an adventure thus far, and it hasn't even started yet.  Cannot thank everyone enough in this thread for the advice and lessons learned that you have shared.  It is an ever changing process until it becomes more common, which it is becoming more common.  My sole piece of advice for anyone who is interested in making the conversion is to stop and make something happen for yourself.  If you're like me, the Army has engrained the selfless service attribute into me, and I felt selfish oftentimes taking the time and effort away from my duties to get this done.  Remember that the Army always has a replacement for you.  You will be a better Soldier and a more valuable member to the team if you are doing something you enjoy.

If anyone has any questions or needs any advice, I'm pretty fresh.  Hit me up if you'd like.

-AngryJoe

• Dmurray and METT-TC like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: commission, warrant, officer, woft, revert, resign, commissioned, ROTC, flight school, CW2

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)

Spectrum_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200AMTC 2018PrecisionVRForumHome200LORD_VRHome200BE_VRHome200NFCVRForum200HomeHeliHelmets-VR Home