Commissioned Army Officer to Aviation Warrant Officer

On 11/14/2022 at 2:52 AM, What_is_the_OPN_Impact_CPT said:

Hey everyone,

not sure how active anyone here is anymore, but I’m in a potentially unique situation with interest going from CO to 153A WO.

I am currently a non-15A, O3 that will most likely PCS to Fort Rucker to become a Small Group Leader (SGL) for the AVC3 course next summer.

After finding out about this opportunity, I realized I may have a solid chance to potentially revert over to WO as I near towards the end of my CPT time prior to my ILE board.

Could anyone here give me a refresher on the application process, documents, etc.? Would I need to take the SIFT (I’m assuming this is an obvious yes)? Do I need to submit a AFCS Waiver for being nearly 8-9 years of active service time when I submit my packet to the board?

Ive always dreamt about flying, but I had poor eyesight (which is now corrected with PRK as of 2018) and was a relatively average cadet in ROTC. 

Background (as of NOV22):

- ROTC Commission, YG16, 7 years TIS

- Non-15A, O-3 Active Duty

- MBA from a top-15 BS

- 24-months in command

- PCS to Fort Rucker to become an instructor

- Expert Soldier Badge / Air Assault-qualified

- Instructor Course, Air Cavalry Leaders course and SERE-C according to my O-4 sponsor

- 300 APFT (OCT20), 575 ACFT (NOV22)

- Haven’t taken SIFT yet

- Will attempt to receive LORs from the AvCoE O4 CO CDR, BN CDR, and Commandant of the school.

Again, would anyone be able to help assist me with going through this process?

I sent you a private message.