TigerTugsUpperLimit2011Home_468x60Helicopter AcademyVOLO_VRHome200
Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Commissioned Army Officer to Aviation Warrant Officer

commission warrant officer woft revert resign commissioned ROTC flight school CW2

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#41 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, backpacking, cigars, bourbon

Posted 25 January 2016 - 18:52

My REFRAD is already approved, I got that back almost 2 weeks ago (it only took 2-3 months for my REFRAD to get approved - I was shocked).  I wonder if Snowpocalypse 2016 has delayed my RFO... lol.

#42 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 14:34

Did you guys have to do ACAP as well?

#43 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 15:08

Did you guys have to do ACAP as well?

Nevermind, miscommunication between the personnel at the transitions office - crisis averted.  I do not have to do ACAP.

#44 cptamerica2

cptamerica2

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 16:12

That's funny, fort hood tried to make me acap.

#45 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 16:42

I had to call the head of transitions, from Kuwait, and ask him what I actually needed to do/not do.  No ACAP, no ETS physical.  Just typical clearing 10 days prior to separation. 

#46 Yamer

Yamer

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Company working for:Army National Guard

Posted 27 January 2016 - 18:43

Being NG on orders for more than 180 days, I have to ACAP to outprocess Rucker.

I have to remove all sharp objects before opening JKO for my safety lol

Edited by Yamer, 27 January 2016 - 18:44.

"If one engine fails, how far can the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!"

#47 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:41

Haha Yamer, brutal!

#48 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 15:19

Gents,

I was selected by the JAN board! I'm pretty ecstatic, and looking to be proactive in the conversion process from commissioned to warrant. I have read through the post by Drew, and that was extremely helpful. I do have a couple questions though.

First, with my warrant packet I submitted a conditional resignation memo and already have my branch release memo. Do I still need to initiate the UQR process? If so, what is the first step?

Once I get my school date, what actions should I take then?

As far as the conversion, when do I take off my commission rank and slap on Warrant? When I get to Rucker, or is that done prior to PCS'ing?

Thanks for all the help along the way gents, and I hope to run into you guys in the future. First round is on me.

I just realized something... congrats on being the only officer on the AD WOSB... haha.

• 153orbust likes this

#49 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 18:54

OER related question: I just signed my OER 3 days ago.  I separate 07JUL to transition to warrant.  So would this upcoming 5 monther be a complete the record?

#50 apacheguy

apacheguy

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:TH-67, OH-58A/A+/C, AH-1F, UH-1H, UH-72A, AH-64A/D

Posted 03 February 2016 - 23:57

OER related question: I just signed my OER 3 days ago.  I separate 07JUL to transition to warrant.  So would this upcoming 5 monther be a complete the record?

It would be a PCS OER.  Or maybe they'll leave it as unrated since you're going over to the dark side and nobody will care what you did as an RLO ever again. 

Complete the record OERs are only done just prior to your promotion boards, they are optional, and they are always ACOM as a way for your senior rater to let the board know that he thinks you really deserve to get promoted. 

#51 Drew

Drew

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Aviation
  • Company working for:Warrant Officer for US Army

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:23

As a general rule of thumb you don't want more than 90 days of unrated time. But since you are separating it really is totally up to you. If you have a few good things you can add to this OER that weren't on your previous, go ahead and do it. If not, as apache said, these RLO OERs probably aren't going to matter, but they may be visible for the rest of your career.

#52 channa371

channa371

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:45

Wow, you guy's have no idea how long I've been trying to find information on this.  Let alone the gold mine to find an active forum discussing it... hats off to the creator.  So I saw there was another Ordnance guy on here, who was also at Riley (I'm assuming in 2nd Brigade considering the Kuwait reference...that place sucks). 

How was it dealing with Ordnance Branch to release you? Mr. Cooper is a...disgruntled man.

Also, I know the swap from CO to WO will make it so your pay bumps are significantly lower, will you still be paid as the rank you were when you swapped over? Or does that go to the new WO1-CW2 pay?

#53 153orbust

153orbust

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:46

Gents,

quick question: Does anyone have the HRC contact info for ATTRS/WOCS school date? I have seen a bunch of people from the JAN board already receive theirs, but I'm experiencing radio silence on my end. Any help would be appreciated. Please PM me any contact info IOT adhere to any potential PERSEC/OPSEC, or whatever implications come with blasting info like this public. Thanks ahead of time!

#54 Drew

Drew

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 14:16

Wow, you guy's have no idea how long I've been trying to find information on this.  Let alone the gold mine to find an active forum discussing it... hats off to the creator. 

Also, I know the swap from CO to WO will make it so your pay bumps are significantly lower, will you still be paid as the rank you were when you swapped over? Or does that go to the new WO1-CW2 pay?

Can't speak to the info about ordinance or Riley. But as for pay. After several months of not getting paid at all, and once your CW2 packet go through, you will start getting W2 pay with however many years you have. You will not get the same pay as you are the the CO side.

#55 Drew

Drew

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 14:18

Gents,

quick question: Does anyone have the HRC contact info for ATTRS/WOCS school date? I have seen a bunch of people from the JAN board already receive theirs, but I'm experiencing radio silence on my end. Any help would be appreciated. Please PM me any contact info IOT adhere to any potential PERSEC/OPSEC, or whatever implications come with blasting info like this public. Thanks ahead of time!

Try posting this question in a different topic as no one related to this topic went to WOCS. Do you have ATTRS or AKO access?

#56 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 20:38

Can't speak to the info about ordinance or Riley. But as for pay. After several months of not getting paid at all, and once your CW2 packet go through, you will start getting W2 pay with however many years you have. You will not get the same pay as you are the the CO side.

He messaged me earlier, I touched base with him.

#57 cptamerica2

cptamerica2

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 22:06

I was an ordnance CPT, and can tell you that Mr. Cooper was a huge asset in the transfer process. He's done it for a few guys, and in the end he helped me a ton when I couldn't get ahold of Ms. Nollett from HRC. He won't hold your hand, but he'll point you in the right direction.

#58 Yamer

Yamer

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:09

Ms. Nolette is on the way out the door to another duty, just FYSA

#59 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:05

Ms. Nolette is on the way out the door to another duty, just FYSA

Ah... well, that explains why I can never get ahold of her.  Haha.

#60 Yamer

Yamer

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:42

Ah... well, that explains why I can never get ahold of her.  Haha.

Well, I hear she is just that kind of a person anyways but hopefully the next person in her job is more personable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: commission, warrant, officer, woft, revert, resign, commissioned, ROTC, flight school, CW2

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

DevoreHome200NFCVRForum200HomeGenesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeColoradoHeliOpsHome200Able_VRHOme200PrecisionVRForumHome200Helmet FX Home 200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016