• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Evan_Trudeau

Evan_Trudeau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:19

Goodmorning everyone, my name is Evan Trudeau and i am new to this forum. So i am currently working on getting my commerical license as a helicopter pilot and i have a very strong interest in racing. I have been trying to find some information or let alone what you would call the occupation of being a follow helicopter for rally racing and races of that nature. I have been scouring the internet for any information that i can possibly find and so far i havent found anything about this subject. Is this an occupation that you think would require for you to find a photographer that is in need of a helicopter pilot for a race? If anyone has any insight on this occupation any direction would be very much appreciated. I have been trying to find information regarding this subject with companies such as Red Bull, Montster, Rockstar, but like i said i still have yet to find anything regarding this subject.

#2 kona4breakfast

kona4breakfast

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:22

Most of the companies with the pockets to pay for filming already have relationships with commercial operators, locally, where the filming is taking place.

I have a friend who go to fly photo chase for a rally race in Oregon.  The heli she flew belonged to one of the drivers, who wants to become a commercial heli pilot.  He'd been ferrying the aircraft up here to lease to the operator she was a CFI for.  He set it all up, and she just lucked out and got to do it.  Once.  Serendipity.

You gonna call this new business CarPix?

I told my mom I wanted to be a pilot when I grew up.  She told me I couldn't do both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

AMTC 2018LORD_VRHome200NFCVRForum200HomeBE_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200Genesys VR Forum 200