Recruiter = Drag

Could use some advice.

I am trying to make the 15 January 2016 cutoff and am about 95% done with my packet. Here'e my issue. I'm AD USAF and the WO recruiters from the Recruiting Website are hard to get in contact with via phone, don't respond to emails quickly (taking up to a week or so for simple questions), don't respond to voice mails and such (I have read FAQ 23 which eludes to this) and several times I have been blown off about getting things reviewed.

So, if the Senior WO who is going to review my packet is not my recruiter then do I need their help (recruiter) any more? Can I finish things up and submit on my own?

Not trying to snub the system but I am at a point with the packet that I am confident I can finish it myself and roll.

(I apologize if this has been addressed before)

Thanks.

I can only speak from my own experience on this matter. I am coming from Army NG and I never had my packet reviewed by a senior WO. That responsibility fell to my recruiter (an E6), and I was selected on this last board. Not sure if that helps or not.

I can only speak from my own experience on this matter. I am coming from Army NG and I never had my packet reviewed by a senior WO. That responsibility fell to my recruiter, and I was selected on this last board. Not sure if that helps or not.

Did you use the checklist dated 16 Oct 15? Last line says "Entire Packet FINAL REVIEW by recommending Senior Warrant Officer. " Right below that are instructions to submit.

I'm AD usmc and just submitted my packet for the November board. The recruiters were completely worthless to me because I had the same problems you addressed and every time one of them responded they were giving me mixed answers. You shouldn't need them for anything other than possibly signing your conditional release. There are plenty of people on this forum that have dealt with issues like this and could help you out. I'm more than wiling to help out as I was helped by a few other inter service transfers

Like raider said, the only thing you need a recruiter for, prior to getting selected, is to sign off on the conditional release. As far as the senior WO, recommendation and review, that is on you. Unless you have that 1/100 recruiter that is familiar with this and knows a senior WO to write you an LOR and sign off on your packet.

• Like 2

Did you use the checklist dated 16 Oct 15? Last line says "Entire Packet FINAL REVIEW by recommending Senior Warrant Officer. " Right below that are instructions to submit.

I did indeed use that checklist, and never had it reviewed by a senior WO before submitting my packet. I asked about it as well and my recruiter said the S1 shop handles that. Could be something that applies to applicants who are currently on AD Army.

Gents thanks for the info. To the best I can tell, the only time I needed my recruiter's signature for the conditional release process was for my letter of interest. My commander's signature is on my form 368 and the contingent release document I received in response from AFPC, with approval, has no signature.

It sounds like the process is a little different for everyone.

I'm going to go it alone (without a recruiter) from here.

Thanks for all the info!

• Like 1

I'm AD usmc and just submitted my packet for the November board. The recruiters were completely worthless to me because I had the same problems you addressed and every time one of them responded they were giving me mixed answers. You shouldn't need them for anything other than possibly signing your conditional release. There are plenty of people on this forum that have dealt with issues like this and could help you out. I'm more than wiling to help out as I was helped by a few other inter service transfers

I think there is a misunderstanding on what recruiters are trained on. If you are applying for a program to become a warrant officer and you expect an E5 infantryman to have all the answers on how to get you there, you are mistaken. At no point in time during the Army recruiting course do you learn about all the army programs and the processing requirements for each. They learn how to use the recruiter zone program and how to talk to people and convince them to join the army. I just keep reading these posts everywhere about how recruiters are worthless, yes some recruiters are lazy and don't want to put in all the extra work for your packet but that is not the case with all of us.

I think there is a misunderstanding on what recruiters are trained on. If you are applying for a program to become a warrant officer and you expect an E5 infantryman to have all the answers on how to get you there, you are mistaken. At no point in time during the Army recruiting course do you learn about all the army programs and the processing requirements for each. They learn how to use the recruiter zone program and how to talk to people and convince them to join the army. I just keep reading these posts everywhere about how recruiters are worthless, yes some recruiters are lazy and don't want to put in all the extra work for your packet but that is not the case with all of us.

We are talking (or at least I) about the warrant officer recruiters on the procurement website.... They are either SFCs or CW3 and above...

mdeneso makes a good point. I feel if you go to a recruiter without doing your own research, you only limit yourself. This is our choice to pursue this career. If we don't put in the work it takes, maybe it was not meant to be.

BrightShadow has the right idea. Try and get help where you can. If all else fails, keep pushing by yourself.

Like was mentioned earlier, it seems everyone's situation is different. Imagine being with a recruiter dealing with all these different cases. You try and help with what you can. But really, there is no "one size fits all" answer.

You are the only one to see the packet off. I was USN coming over and had to do all the leg work to get my packet in. I had amazing help from my CoC, surprising as I was "jumping ship" to another branch. A few key things helped, a co-worker was dive buds with the Army station chief. My current USN base (Pensacola) had an Army flight doc on staff. I'm sure the process has changed, but all the Army paperwork was drafted at the recruiting station with me typing it, no recruiters were involved.