8 months wait to go before the board?

I am a civilian working on my WOFT packet. I took the ASVAB and just took the SIFT last week and passed. I need to do the physicals still but I have my LOR's together so I was hopeful to be accepted sometime early next year. My recruiter is now telling me the earliest I can go before the board to be accepted is in July, 8 months from now!

He said there are two boards I have to be approved by, a local one and a national one, and the one in July is the national one. I have been crawling all over the internet and this forum and can't find any information about this national board. I know there is the Battalion Board but they seem to meet fairly frequently (every other month I believe). Am I missing something here or is it my recruiting officer that is mistaken?

I am a civilian working on my WOFT packet. I took the ASVAB and just took the SIFT last week and passed. I need to do the physicals still but I have my LOR's together so I was hopeful to be accepted sometime early next year. My recruiter is now telling me the earliest I can go before the board to be accepted is in July, 8 months from now!

He said there are two boards I have to be approved by, a local one and a national one, and the one in July is the national one. I have been crawling all over the internet and this forum and can't find any information about this national board. I know there is the Battalion Board but they seem to meet fairly frequently (every other month I believe). Am I missing something here or is it my recruiting officer that is mistaken?

I found out the same thing a couple weeks ago. The Battalion Board deadline is completely different from the USAREC board deadline. My recruiter failed to mention that when we were frantically completing the paperwork for the January board. Be sure to consult superiors if they're in the office; tactically ask for a review of your packet to ensure it's as strong it can possibly be.

Honestly, try and go off the information here, for example, I'm in the midst of putting together a better resume and things I've heard that show a stronger candidate were said by my recruiter to be the equivalent of the Glee club. I recommended individual binders of my packet for each person on the board and they casually told me "nah you don't need to do that." Obviously you don't need to do these things but if it means a point better because you wreck shop at arts and crafts then go for it. When is your deadline for the Battalion board? January 20th, for a February Bat. board, for a Spring WOFT board for me! This process will make you lose your mind, keep with it and i'll be doing the same!

Met with my recruiter yesterday and showed him the information I had found, he said they had changed their dates again and he was mistaken. Quickly learning that I need to educate myself as much as possible!

I haven't gotten a schedule for the battalion board deadline yet. I'm doing MEPS in two weeks so hopefully I'll know more after that. Do you know where you can find battalion board schedules? I've had trouble finding that.

Thanks for the awesome advice and best of luck to you! I would love to hear everything about your experience!

• Like 1