January/March Board

What do your stats look like?

good point...I guess that would be helpful if I'm going to start about this huh....*facepalm*

GT score: 136

SIFT: 54

APFT: 275

Civilian Education: 40 credits towards bachelors degree. Graduated with 4.0 from automotive technical school

Military education: n/a

Flight Physical: done and stamped

LOR: O5 UH-60 pilot, previous lead inspector for all Army aviation accidents, O3 UH-60 pilot and current company commander of UH-60 unit, CW4 fixed wing pilot, previous AH-64 pilot, O3 Army JAG

Battalion Board score: 75/75

Military Experience: n/a

waivers: n/a

• Like 1

Looks good to me, I intend on going to the March board. I think my Batallion board date is March 11. Do you know if after you meet the Batallion, they send your packet off to USAREC the following week?

That's what I'm being told, I'm the only WOFT applicant for this battalion right now so they are sending it up right away. although it's already past the packet submission deadline for the January board they are going to see if they can get it pushed through, otherwise it'll go to the March

Been lurking on the various forums on here for a while now, and want to thank everyone for the copious amounts of great information and G-2 surrounding the 153 profession.

I've submitted my packet for the January 16 board, so here goes nothing in the pursuit of a childhood dream. Keeping my fingers crossed for all my fellow boardee's (spell check on that one).

SIFT: 52

APFT: 284

Civilian Education: BA in Political Science/ Working toward a MA in Homeland Security (12 credits down, lot more to go)

Military education: A few schools here an there

Flight Physical: done and stamped

LOR: CW4 Rotary Wing Aviator/ O-3 and O-6 in Chain of Command/ O-8 former boss

Military Experience: Almost 7 years TIS (Infantry PL/XO/ADC, some staff time and other ventures)

waivers: LASIK in 2008

• Like 1

The packet submission date for civilians is different, but hopefully (fingers crossed) my packet will be finalized for the January battalion board.

GT score: 116

SIFT: 61

APFT: 279

Civilian Education: BA in International Business w/ Minor in German. *(I graduate next semester and I have a 3.83 GPA currently)

Flight Physical: Medically Qualified

LOR: Dean of Students, previous boss, 3 professors (one of which is a retired O-5 from the Navy).

Military Experience: n/a

Waivers: Moral

• Like 1

GT: 114
SIFT: 62
APFT: TBD
Civilian Education: University of Queensland /w BA in Ext. International Relations/Minor in Political Science 3.0 GPA
Flight Physical: FAA First Class Med and Military Flight Physical TBD
LoR: Congressman; Professor; Rugby Coach; Volunteer Org. in East Africa; O-5 USAF Pilot; O-3 Army Pilot.
Flight Time: PPL, Instrument (145 hours)
Military Experience: N/A
Waivers: None

Shooting for May now. fml.

GT: 119

SIFT: 67

APFT: Current 276, retaking 4Jan16 aiming for 292. Please pray for me at 1000MST on 4Jan16 that I can get a 292 or better!

Civilian Education: Bachelors in Political Science with 3.69 GPA

Military Education: Associates in Contracts Management

LoRs: Squadron Commander (Major/O-4), Group Commander (Colonel/O-6), Command CW5 (hopefully I’m blessed and have this one early January). Pushing for more before 29Feb16 (updates deadline).

Flight Physical: Approved and Stamped

Flight Time: None

Military Experience: 4.5 Years AD USAF Contracting (6C0X1).

Waivers: None

Pumped for this opportunity!

Edit: Just took the APFT, was so blessed by the lord, got a 294! Hunting the 300 :D. Got an LoR from a really great CW5, really inspiring guy. Even more hungry now for this opportunity! Pushing for more!

• Like 1

Shooting for the March board. Fingers crossed I can get selected and get out of this pending recruiter duty assignment haha.

GT:117

Sift:52

College:36 credits towards Associates in Aviation Maintenance (3.86 GPA)

APFT:270

Active Army E-5(P) 5 years TIS 1.5 years TIG

LORs:Company CO, BN CO, CW4-BN SP, CW5 Division G3Air (former Aviation Branch Manager)

Prior leadership: 3 years Squad leader, acting platoon sergeant bullets on ncoer, currently serving in an E6 position of Section Sergeant(have a section of two other E5s and their squads under me)

NCOERs: first was 2-1, most recent 1-1

MOS: 15R Apache Mechanic, WLC comp, ALC in January, recruiter school in May.

Physical: waiting for mid January (PRK surgery 90 day wait for waiver)

Good luck to all who are applying, I will be going on the active duty side!

• Like 1

I might be able to make it for March board but I will likely be shooting for May. Here are my stats reguardless because I found them helpful when I was lurking to know what I needed to improve on.

MOS: 25B

GT: 120

SIFT: 64

Civ Ed: AAT in Computer Technology (60 credits), working towards BA in History as well

Military Ed: N/A except for spending a year in EOD training and failing out

APFT: 269 (retaking Jan 14th, I'm in much better shape now and should max it)

LoR: Company CO, Battalion CO, CW5 from 160th on JBLM

Physical: Exception to policy for dilation on eyes (my eyes were slightly out of standard but I had 20/20 uncorrected)

I've talked to a few Warrant Officers at 160th and 16th CAB. The summary is that my age and rank is a factor that may negatively impact me mostly because it makes it harder to have quantifiable results for the board to look at such as NCOERs and life experience. They said to focus on college and beefing up my ERB with awards, certs, and military ed.

• Like 1

Good luck y'all. Hopefully these coming selection boards will be as kind as the September/November ones were.

When I first started researching warrant officer, there was a message on the usarec website that said "we are short 153A applicants, if you submit a packet your chances of selection are EXTREMELY HIGH" that's what I want. Lol

What do you all think the board is looking for when they are selecting? I've heard some boards favor college and some others favor ppl with high SIFT scores.

I've heard its some of the most important things are your LORs. It's tough to say really not having gone through one. I know during my Battalion Board Interview they asked a lot of questions about my family and questions to determine my character. A few regarding my LORs. The Selection Board may look at things differently though

Oh okay, I am out of Nashville. So what did your interview consist of? Just the basic "Why do you want to be an aviator"?

It was actually a lot more in depth than that. They wanted to know about my mechanical background. Ran me through some scenarios and how I would react/respond. If you mention anything about religion/beliefs during an answer, be prepared to expand on that and be questioned about it. Make sure you take a second to actually think about your answers before opening your mouth, I had to watch myself on that because instinct is to answer as quickly as possible. But by taking that second or two it will make you seem more knowledgeable and more mature especially if you can avoid using fillers "like/um".

The other thing they made comments about on my score sheets was my confidence. Even though I may not have had the best answers or been the most intelligent person they interviewed, I made sure to answer every question with confidence (being careful to have humility in my answers as well). They really liked this it seemed.