Why would you need to take copies of your degree and transcript with you to BCT? at that point you've already signed your contract as E-4 when dealing with your counselor at MEPS and the army (MEPS commander) has signed it as well. It was my understanding the only thing you need to take certified copies of is birth/marriage certificates and dependent info so they can set up everything for them.

Yuuup. And you will get extra attention since most DS will think you are an OCS candidate.

so who typically gets the most attention? older E-4s and higher, young ones right out of high school, or just the f@#k ups? I'll be headed to Benning in May for BCT. Will be E-4 and 28 with a wife and son. Is that relatively common at all?

Yuuup. And you will get extra attention since most DS will think you are an OCS candidate.

Yeah, I've already faced the fact that if I go to BCT and the DS catches wind that I'm WOFT or OCS, then I will get "partial" treatment so to speak...lol And I am assuming you mean the DS are harder on the WOFT and OCS guys.

Why would you need to take copies of your degree and transcript with you to BCT? at that point you've already signed your contract as E-4 when dealing with your counselor at MEPS and the army (MEPS commander) has signed it as well. It was my understanding the only thing you need to take certified copies of is birth/marriage certificates and dependent info so they can set up everything for them.

Because a multitude of f*ckups can happen. And if there is any discepancy guess what they ask for first to verify.

Saw it happen to a few people in my platoon. Then again when I went to BCT the place just got a brand new in-processing center and they were working out a few kinks.

Do DI know you're a 09W, or do they only know if you tell them?

The DS's in my company had everybody do ice-breakers or write essays. They knew pretty quickly who the 09W's were. We would be put in leadership positions or given certain work details because of it. Don't expect it though.

On the flip side, I was treated better because I wasn't too bad of a f*ck up (compared to my...peers).

I second that. At 28 you're going to seem like the grandpa of the platoon, it's common, but weird.

I second that. At 28 you're going to seem like the grandpa of the platoon, it's common, but weird.

Can vouch for this also. It was also a daily struggle not to smother an 18 yr old kid in their sleep from the sheer stupidity i witnessed.

I was 29. Most kids in my platoon were 17 year old summer option guard kids.

Murder was something I constantly thought about.

HAHAHAHAHAHA apparently this is a common theme among the older guys going through BCT. Did you go through as a civilian to WOFT selectee? and what rank did you go through BCT as?

I went to Benning as well and the major difference between 09W and everyone else was that they made all the officer/warrant candidates run with the A-group, regardless of their personal running ability. That was company or battalion commanders policy. Whether or not the 09W/09S were put in leadership position was dependent on the Drill Sergeant. I was the "Platoon Guide" the entire time since I was prior service and I also went during the summer with all the 17 year olds. I would say that summer is probably the worst time to go to BCT because of all the split-op kids. Approximately 75% of our entire company was in between their junior and senior year of high school and I can strongly relate to the feeling of contemplating murder. If you are prior service/PG and show that you can reasonably control the platoon, expect to have some of the Drill Sergeants work pawned off on you.

From my experience (had two WOFT candidates with me in basic) they asked day one who was ocs/warrant. That was about it, everyone got smoked equally. They didn't haze them and single them out if that's what you're worried about.

HAHAHAHAHAHA apparently this is a common theme among the older guys going through BCT. Did you go through as a civilian to WOFT selectee? and what rank did you go through BCT as?

I was a PFC. I didnt take any more sh*t as an 09W. The SPCs in our platoon did. I was made PG and it was easy.

Other than not killing those 17 year olds on a daily basis....

• Like 1