Choosing first duty station after Rucker

What makes Korea so undesirable? Aside from the whole "war could break out tomorrow" stuff.

I think that just depends on the individual man. I've had buddies who LOVED Korea. And I've had some who hated it. My last BN XO is there now on a 2 year accompanied tour and him and his wife are loving it. I had another friend who would rather do back-to-back-to-back CTC rotations instead of be in Korea. Lol.

After looking at the assignments on the board at B Co. now.... it doesn't look like it matters what you put down, just saying.

Hey man, would you mind taking a pic of the most current list at b co and send it my way? I should be getting verbals any day now (ha ha ha hopefully before I graduate).

What makes Korea so undesirable? Aside from the whole "war could break out tomorrow" stuff.

I don't know about permanent party but being in a rotational unit here sucks. Especially since we transitioned to EUM and lost our TDY and are being charged $310 a month for our meal card. I'm breaking even, but single officers are actually losing money being here vs. home station.

Edited by SBuzzkill
  • Like 1

How long have you been at Rucker?

Sorry, I just know several people have referenced you being a "long timer."

2 years since the other day. A wonderful combination of long holds, bad luck, and a lovely bout of mono that knocked me out for a good looooong while. But hey, I got the ALSE course knocked out in between selection and 60s (sigh).

When will you get to do a dream sheet for your preferred duty stations? Also, realistically, what's the chances of getting the station you want? For example I wanna be at Ft Campbell, and I guess it just depends on the number of slots there.

Your chances of getting what you want are purely based off of what the unit needs or what HRC says the unit needs on paper and their rotational cycle.

Timing is everything for assignments you can ask for Campbell and could possibly get it but, keep in mind there is a lot of other duty stations especially for 60s.

2 years since the other day. A wonderful combination of long holds, bad luck, and a lovely bout of mono that knocked me out for a good looooong while. But hey, I got the ALSE course knocked out in between selection and 60s (sigh).

I don't feel as bad now with my security clearance.