Choosing first duty station after Rucker

Dreaming big huh?

I get what you're saying though, if it has no real bearing on where you go, it doesn't hurt to try.

They were open according to the brief. In fact a buddy got Germany, Ms Noilette said if I put Riley I would get it for sure. I just saying it doesn't matter what you put.

• Like 1

Speaking of this. How in the world did that guy a few months back get Hawks to Egypt? My first thought was who did he piss off.

Several people have gotten Egypt. I was terrified I would get it.

Why wouldn't you want to go to Egypt? Sounds exciting.

Other than the rampant terrorist activity in the Sinai? Some folks like Egypt, for most it's just another year apart from their family. As long as you're flying it's all cool in my book.

• 3 months later...

After perusing some of the changes to the USAREUR force structure, it seems as if Germany, and Europe in general, is shifting from a regular OCONUS assignment to a 6 month rotational type of assignment. With that said, does anyone know if the 12th CAB is still receiving brand new flight school grads? Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge (i.e. been in a selection where Germany was assigned in recent months, or are currently assigned to the 12th CAB?)

Thanks for the insight

After perusing some of the changes to the USAREUR force structure, it seems as if Germany, and Europe in general, is shifting from a regular OCONUS assignment to a 6 month rotational type of assignment. With that said, does anyone know if the 12th CAB is still receiving brand new flight school grads? Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge (i.e. been in a selection where Germany was assigned in recent months, or are currently assigned to the 12th CAB?)

Thanks for the insight

Yes, I had a good buddy go in December fresh out of Rucker.

That sounds horrible. We got a bunch of pilots from Germany (where it was their first duty assignment out of flight school), and most of them barely flew. They barely made minimums if they did at all, and they said it was because they were shutting down in Germany. It's got to be even worse now.

That sounds horrible. We got a bunch of pilots from Germany (where it was their first duty assignment out of flight school), and most of them barely flew. They barely made minimums if they did at all, and they said it was because they were shutting down in Germany. It's got to be even worse now.

It's not, because it's ramping back up.My buddy has flown his ass off. he's gotten triple the flight time I have.