Choosing first duty station after Rucker

If any of you guys happen to have selected FW, in a little over a year I'lll be looking for an IP to become the UH-72 SP, and I'll need a Safety guy (or girl). If you're in a different airframe I'll send you through the Lakota AQC/IPC enroute if you didn't actually get rated at Rucker.

The catch; you have to be tracked (TACOPs doesn't count) and appropriate PME completed, and be an experienced PC. Good IFR skills, and external load experience is palso referred. The usual height/weight standards apply, and you should be articulate enough to converse easily with COLs/GENs, SECDEF,and elected officials on a frequent basis. Basically, don't be fat and have a personality, West Point is heavy on first impressions, and the reputation of the detachment relies on it.

In addition to executive transport and paradrops, we also do NVG hoist/SAR for the local area, and firefighting with bambi buckets in the summer. Our Lakota pilots are flying about 300+/year, the FW guys about 250, and the dual rated guuys are flying as much as they can stand. We are currently coordinating for 3 of our pilots to take their ATP checks in our Lakotas later this year. You also have the opportunity to skydive with the unit when the flight schedule allows.

We bring you up TDY to interview, and if you're what we need, we coordinate with HRC for a by-name request for the position. 3 years on station.

Mike-

• Like 1

If any of you guys happen to have selected FW, in a little over a year I'lll be looking for an IP to become the UH-72 SP, and I'll need a Safety guy (or girl). If you're in a different airframe I'll send you through the Lakota AQC/IPC enroute if you didn't actually get rated at Rucker.

The catch; you have to be tracked (TACOPs doesn't count) and appropriate PME completed, and be an experienced PC. Good IFR skills, and external load experience is palso referred. The usual height/weight standards apply, and you should be articulate enough to converse easily with COLs/GENs, SECDEF,and elected officials on a frequent basis. Basically, don't be fat and have a personality, West Point is heavy on first impressions, and the reputation of the detachment relies on it.

In addition to executive transport and paradrops, we also do NVG hoist/SAR for the local area, and firefighting with bambi buckets in the summer. Our Lakota pilots are flying about 300+/year, the FW guys about 250, and the dual rated guuys are flying as much as they can stand. We are currently coordinating for 3 of our pilots to take their ATP checks in our Lakotas later this year. You also have the opportunity to skydive with the unit when the flight schedule allows.

We bring you up TDY to interview, and if you're what we need, we coordinate with HRC for a by-name request for the position. 3 years on station.

Mike-

Ummmm....Is this available as an ADOS tour? This is right up my alley.

• Like 1

Wondering if anyone is up in Wainwright or has been there?

Looking for info B Co up there, housing, the winter, etc.

Bco as in Chinooks? I know some Sugarbears up there.

• Like 1

I would request that I be sent to fight ISIS.

I didn't sign up for this so I could vacation in the state of Washington.. That's just me though...

Maybe if I was super into snowboarding or something I would request somewhere like Yakima..

Maybe if you were real you would grow a pair and actually join instead of just trolling the Internet.

• Like 4

I didn't sign up for this so I could vacation in the state of Washington.. That's just me though...

Maybe if I was super into snowboarding or something I would request somewhere like Yakima..

Bahahaha, kid you are hilarious.

What's ISIS?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I've spent my whole 7 1/2 year career at Riley. The CAB is awesome, area not so much. So I can agree with buzzkill that some places (Bragg, Riley, Campbell) to name a few hold on to people. The term "black hole" comes to mind. ;)

ElJay. I'm stationed at belvoir, what you looking to know. Are we getting a new WOJG!?!?

The mission is similar to medicav being on call and we do a lot of VIP missions depending on the company you end up with. You'll find out more details when you get here but it's a pretty good gig. Average about 200 hours a year

• Like 1

ElJay. I'm stationed at belvoir, what you looking to know. Are we getting a new WOJG!?!?

The mission is similar to medicav being on call and we do a lot of VIP missions depending on the company you end up with. You'll find out more details when you get here but it's a pretty good gig. Average about 200 hours a year

I apologize if I was misleading haha. An article popped up during a search for elite army aviation units and I found it pretty interesting. I'm a National Guard guy so no chance of me ever getting that gig. Sounded neat, though.