Recommendation Interview

Good Morning,

I'm in the process of putting together my WOFT packet and my recruiter threw me a curve ball last night. I had planned on seeking out my CW3+ recommendation letter after completing my physical, APFT, and SIFT to provide a few measurables but I have been told I need to have my letters in before he'll schedule my flight physical (which is holding up my APFT as well).

A little background on me:

Relationship: Married, no kids

Education: BBA in Finance, GPA: 2.81 (My GPA is embarrassing. I essentially wasted my opportunity in college and it's one of my greatest regrets in life)

AFQT: 99

GT: 140

Height/Weight: 70"/155lbs

Flight Experience: None

Current LOR: O5 UH-60 aviator and O3 aviator

Post Graduate Career:

-4 1/2 years in financial planning (last three years with a practice managing just short of $100M)

-3 years in Oil/Gas running the navigational system required for drilling directional wells

-9 months as a franchise owner in a service industry.

Additionally, I've served in executive roles in many civic organizations, a Board of Directors, and a leadership advisory board.

I'm putting together a WOFT packet because I feel like I have more to give (and who doesn't dream about flying!?). It seems as though the "street to seat" program is the best avenue for the Army to utilize and build upon my current knowledge and skills while also potentially providing me an opportunity to make a difference. I was fortunate to have three grandfathers growing up and two served in Korea and the other, to this day, still complains about breaking his leg in HS football and getting DQ'd. As corny as it may sound, I want to carry on that legacy and repay my debt to the USA.

I live in central Texas and would be happy to travel for an interview. I can also provide additional information as needed. Thanks!

Have you already taken your SIFT test? This will be required to do you civilian flight physical. The LORs are not required prior to doing the flight physical. I had a couple promised prior to mine but nothing in writing until well after it was already stamped and approved. You will probably do your flight physical at Ft. Hood ( where I did mine, and I drove there from Dallas). Easiest way is to schedule with your recruiter but I have heard of civilians calling to schedule them and doing it themselves. Check on this and TRY to get an appointment for a Friday morning so you can hopefully get it all done in one day. I had to drive down there two consecutive weeks for the damn thing.

Have you already taken your SIFT test? This will be required to do you civilian flight physical. The LORs are not required prior to doing the flight physical. I had a couple promised prior to mine but nothing in writing until well after it was already stamped and approved. You will probably do your flight physical at Ft. Hood ( where I did mine, and I drove there from Dallas). Easiest way is to schedule with your recruiter but I have heard of civilians calling to schedule them and doing it themselves. Check on this and TRY to get an appointment for a Friday morning so you can hopefully get it all done in one day. I had to drive down there two consecutive weeks for the damn thing.

are you a street to seat. if so what recruiting office did you use in dallas area?

are you a street to seat. if so what recruiting office did you use in dallas area?

I am. was just selected last month.

The recruiting office I used was the one up in Carrollton. Me and another guy are the only 2 guys from Dallas MEPS to even take the SIFT test and both of us got selected and went through the same recruiting office.

I am. was just selected last month.

The recruiting office I used was the one up in Carrollton. Me and another guy are the only 2 guys from Dallas MEPS to even take the SIFT test and both of us got selected and went through the same recruiting office.

Any suggestions on who to work with there or contact info? I met briefly with a guy at the Lewisville office which us under the Carrollton one like 2 years ago. I didn't really take it any further because I I was only like half way through with college. I am now into my last months and am looking to put a packet it. Only thing stopping me now is that I go to school in AZ, but typically live in Texas. Not entirely sure where would be best to work with recruiters and what not.

Your recruiter is wrong. As a civilian, a WO letter isnt required, but highly recommended. Best approach is to have everything else squared away before approaching a WO if they do not personally know you.

He did mention that it wasn't necessarily a requirement but that I'd need one to be competitive. I'll try to get the ball rolling again on my own and circle back after everything else is squared away.

I have not taken the SIFT. My initial impression was that I'd get the physical as one of the first orders of business (mostly to find out if I'd need waivers or the unlikely event of a DQ). I've followed the guides posted here regarding prep for the SIFT so I feel like I'm prepared to take it on short notice if necessary to schedule a physical.

I have not taken the SIFT. My initial impression was that I'd get the physical as one of the first orders of business (mostly to find out if I'd need waivers or the unlikely event of a DQ). I've followed the guides posted here regarding prep for the SIFT so I feel like I'm prepared to take it on short notice if necessary to schedule a physical.

When I went to Ft. Hood for the Flight Physical, it was required for any civilians to provide their SIFT scores before beginning the process. I imagine they don't want to spend time/money on doing the full class 1A physical just for somebody not to end up passing the SIFT afterwards.

• Like 1