14-18 March 2016 Board

Greetings,

First off, I recognize there is already a thread called "January/March Board". Said thread has become cluttered with January board applicants and I think it's best to have a separate thread just for the 14-18 March 2016 board.

Here are the deadlines given on the Army Warrant Officer Recruiting website:

Active Duty (AD) Packet Deadline: 15 Jan 16

AD Corrections Deadline: 15 Feb 16

AD Updates Deadline: 29 Feb 16

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_boardschedule.shtml

Please post your stats, which attempt this is and any other information you think would be helpful to fellow applicants.

Thank you.

Attempt: First

GT: 119

SIFT: 67

APFT: 294

Civilian Education: Bachelors in Political Science with 3.69 GPA

Military Education: Associates in Contracts Management

LoRs: Squadron Commander (Major/O-4), Group Commander (Colonel/O-6), Command CW5 Aviation, Retired CW5 Aviation and Base Deputy JAG (O-4) with a character LoR.

Flight Physical: Approved and Stamped

Flight Time: None

Military Experience: E-4, 4.5 Years AD USAF Contracting (6C0X1).

Waivers: None

Pumped for this opportunity!

• Like 1

I guess I'll post my stats since I actually got everything in on time for this board.

Gt:111

Sift:55

Apft:295

Civilian education: AS in management 3.8 gpa. About 100 credits toward a BS in healthcare admin with 3.85 gpa.

Military edu: USMC leadership courses.

Lor: regimental commander O6, company commander O3, senior aviator Marine O5.

Flight physical: stamped

Flight time: none

Military: 10 years active duty USMC, E6.

Waivers: none.

• Like 1

Wonder if they are still expecting a large acceptance rate for this board?

Based off the last several boards I don't think the acceptance rate has to do with the current 'need', rather, how many people applied. They seem to always take about 50 AD applicants. So if 200 apply, 25%, 100 then 50% and so on. Just saying the last board took 58% and I think a lot of folks believe this means they are really hurting for people making it easier to get in. I think the 58% is more a reflection of the January board just not having as many applicants as other boards (for whatever reason). I think the acceptance rate for this board (March 16) will be lower than the January board because over the holidays people had more time to work on their packets, thus, more applicants. Again though, they seem to consistently be taking about 50 AD Applicants.

Regardless, if you are in for this board, we have until 29 Feb 16 to get in updates.

My two cents.

Probably been answered a lot before but I can't find it. If you are selected, what's the soonest you could start basic and wocs? If selected in March, would you be able to get into basic by the start of April and go into wocs straight after that? Or is there a usually a longer delay between selection and an opening in wocs?

Probably been answered a lot before but I can't find it. If you are selected, what's the soonest you could start basic and wocs? If selected in March, would you be able to get into basic by the start of April and go into wocs straight after that? Or is there a usually a longer delay between selection and an opening in wocs?

I was selected in January and I was scheduled for BCT starting in May. Some others that were selected in January I know are going to BCT this month.

• 2 weeks later...

GT:126

SIFT:73

APFT: 275

Civilian Education:Bachelors in Aviation Systems Management

LoRs: Army Heli pilot, Air Force Pilot, National Guard Heli pilot,Flight Instructor, College Professor.

Flight Physical: Approved and Stamped

Flight Time: 45 Hours in 172 Cessna

Military Experience:None

Waivers:None

About one month to the day I signed my contract, I left for good old Ft Sill.

Hi everyone!

SIFT: 66

APFT: 295

Civilian Education: BS in Political Science

Flight Physical: Done, Stamped, uploaded

LOR: O-4 (aviator), CW4 (aviator), CW4, (aviator), O-3 (Friend), CW5 (previous CO), Lawyer- personal friend.

Bn Board: Standing by

Flight Time: none

Applying as a civilian.

Is anyone else applying from the civilian side? It seems the majority of applicants are Active Duty. Does anyone know if there is a quota for civilian applicants?

Hi everyone!

SIFT: 66

APFT: 295

Civilian Education: BS in Political Science

Flight Physical: Done, Stamped, uploaded

LOR: O-4 (aviator), CW4 (aviator), CW4, (aviator), O-3 (Friend), CW5 (previous CO), Lawyer- personal friend.

Bn Board: Standing by

Flight Time: none

Applying as a civilian.

Is anyone else applying from the civilian side? It seems the majority of applicants are Active Duty. Does anyone know if there is a quota for civilian applicants?

I'm not sure about a civilian quota but the last few boards have had a very high selection rate for civilians. From what I've seen on VR I think you have a competitive packet. Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

Just want to encourage everyone to keep at it even if it seems you're out of the running for the WOFT program. An example for me is that I was originally denied in my initial Security Interview. Knowing it was BS I called around and around until someone would listen to my situation. Finally got an approval (after being told by my recruiters I was screwed) and passed my 2nd security interview.

• Like 2

So I was informed today that my batallion board was moved to March 16th. Looks like I'll be seeing the next round on the May board.

Keep at it Sir. I first thought I'd be able to make the January board but the stars failed to align. Now, its March :D. Not going to say time flew by but its here. May will get here.

Finally going to be looked at after almost two years since I started this process. After having a really long flight physical process (long story which can be found in "Disappointed" thread) I can't wait. It's been a super wait but excited for the future!

GT: 125
SIFT: 71
APFT: 270
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Aeronautics
Flight Physical: Stamped (Finally!)
Flight Experience: Around 250 hours, Private Pilot's License with Instrument Rating
LOR's: School's flight "team leader", Security Supervisor, Home Depot manager

Waivers: Exception to policy waiver for lasik pre-op refraction limit

• Like 1

Finally going to be looked at after almost two years since I started this process. After having a really long flight physical process (long story which can be found in "Disappointed" thread) I can't wait. It's been a super wait but excited for the future!

GT: 125

SIFT: 71

APFT: 270

Education: Bachelor's Degree in Aeronautics

Flight Physical: Stamped (Finally!)

Flight Experience: Around 250 hours, Private Pilot's License with Instrument Rating

LOR's: School's flight "team leader", Security Supervisor, Home Depot manager

Waivers: Exception to policy waiver for lasik pre-op refraction limit

About how long did it take your physical to come back stamped? My clinic told me to call in 2-4 weeks to follow up on my physical but I'm like 6 days in already going insane with anxiety. There was one issue with my physical someone while I was in basic added that I was anemic which isn't the case. So they had to send in extra bloodwork and like past blood work to show that my iron levels are not anemic levels. Crazy how one little thing could possibly dq you even when it's not valid. They said the worse that could happen is they ask for more in depth testing, which with my luck is I'm sure exactly what's going to happen. Started the packet portion like two years ago and have been finished with everything except the physical for like 7 months. Damn LORs gonna expire at this rate.

• Like 1

About how long did it take your physical to come back stamped? My clinic told me to call in 2-4 weeks to follow up on my physical but I'm like 6 days in already going insane with anxiety. There was one issue with my physical someone while I was in basic added that I was anemic which isn't the case. So they had to send in extra bloodwork and like past blood work to show that my iron levels are not anemic levels. Crazy how one little thing could possibly dq you even when it's not valid. They said the worse that could happen is they ask for more in depth testing, which with my luck is I'm sure exactly what's going to happen. Started the packet portion like two years ago and have been finished with everything except the physical for like 7 months. Damn LORs gonna expire at this rate.

I got the last phase of my physical done on a Friday, my physical was back to me signed on Monday morning. It took me a while to get the whole process done, but once it was sent to Fort Rucker, it came back immediately. The signature date is even a Sunday. Somebody must have been an on call at the hospital.

I think it took about two weeks for mine to get stamped. And that was with a waiver. My recruiters and the doctor at Fort Drum were amazed at how fast it came back but I was glad because I really wanted to make the March board.

Good luck everyone being looked at this week! I can remember what it felt like for me two months ago. Just quell any apprehension you may be feeling with the fact that no matter what, it is out of your hands now, and if you get picked up, great! If not, go back to the drawing board, work on boosting your packet and never quit. Follow your dreams and don't take no for an answer.

Good luck everyone being looked at this week! I can remember what it felt like for me two months ago. Just quell any apprehension you may be feeling with the fact that no matter what, it is out of your hands now, and if you get picked up, great! If not, go back to the drawing board, work on boosting your packet and never quit. Follow your dreams and don't take no for an answer.

50b16c7e2f7c3b955811d32b3167d7ae.jpg

• Like 5

JUST GOT THE CALL FROM USAREC! ACCEPTED! So glad the application process is over and the real process starts! Two years ago I first talked to a recruiter and today I truly begin the journey!

Congrats!

JUST GOT THE CALL FROM USAREC! ACCEPTED! So glad the application process is over and the real process starts! Two years ago I first talked to a recruiter and today I truly begin the journey!

Congrats man! See you at Rucker soon enough.