July 2016 Selection Board

For anyone arriving on the 28th and not going to BCT prior to arriving...is there a packing list for us? With so many days between arrival and the start of training in sure there will be a uniform issue and all that but what should we be arriving with? Also- anyone know the plan for that gap until training starts?

• Like 2

For anyone arriving on the 28th and not going to BCT prior to arriving...is there a packing list for us? With so many days between arrival and the start of training in sure there will be a uniform issue and all that but what should we be arriving with? Also- anyone know the plan for that gap until training starts?

when are you arriving and for what class?

• Like 1

I will also be leaving on the 28th. You can find the checklist here: http://usacac.army.mil/organizations/cace/wocc/courses

I'm coming from prior service as well. You will be getting clothing issue first day that you get there.

• Like 1

Hey guys, with so few days left, I'm double checking everything and making sure I'm good to go.

As far as the packing list go's, it does not look like there is much to bring, except for essential documents (flight physical, dd214, enlistment contract)

Im prior service, doing phase 1 as a resident. Can anyone chime in here, if I'm missing something. Just seems like most of information on the checklist is directed toward individuals who are still active.

leaving on the 26th, seems like were all in the same class.

Everyone still stoked? I know a ton of guys here are heading to Rucker on Monday, or to Sill for basic like myself. Only a few days left, I'm still trying to sell most my possessions and I need to shave off a 3-4 inch beard I've been growing since my interview back in June.

At least the weather wont be too bad at Sill yet. 1-40 is definitely the easiest battalion to be in.

I'm pretty much floating right now. I'm driving to Rucker on Wednesday. I've just been crazy getting my wife setup to stay here while packing my stuff into a storage unit.

How long are you taking the trip? I know crazy people that do it in one go. I've always taken at least 2, and even then it took a pretty close call driving back after graduation to "take rest breaks". The fun part being that my lovely state won't pay for a hotel...

How long are you taking the trip? I know crazy people that do it in one go. I've always taken at least 2, and even then it took a pretty close call driving back after graduation to "take rest breaks". The fun part being that my lovely state won't pay for a hotel...

I'm definitely doing it in two days or so. I drove back from Leonard Wood in the spring only stopping for gas and that was brutal. 19 hours straight is way too much.

Hey guys, with so few days left, I'm double checking everything and making sure I'm good to go.

As far as the packing list go's, it does not look like there is much to bring, except for essential documents (flight physical, dd214, enlistment contract)

Im prior service, doing phase 1 as a resident. Can anyone chime in here, if I'm missing something. Just seems like most of information on the checklist is directed toward individuals who are still active.

leaving on the 26th, seems like were all in the same class.

I'm bringing as much as I can from Appendix C of the Orientation Packet. From reading other topics it looks like we'll have plenty of time to be issued all the remaining gear, shop for other items and still handle our admin issues. I don't even have a CAC so this should be very interesting...

I'm bringing as much as I can from Appendix C of the Orientation Packet. From reading other topics it looks like we'll have plenty of time to be issued all the remaining gear, shop for other items and still handle our admin issues. I don't even have a CAC so this should be very interesting...

Thanks for the input, I definitely take a second look. Same here, no cac, so we shall see.

I'm in the same situation. I bern out for 3 years have no uniforms or cac card. The appendix C is all I have. Don't forget to get your documents.

• 4 weeks later...

When does 17-06 begin?

I'm in class 17-06, I have been given the DL course to complete and it is a little confusing for me seeing as how it's not really scripted. It's more like here is your lessons, you have 2 exams and 2 essays to complete before you go to the school. If anyone else on here is doing the DL I would love to hear what they have figured out. Class 17-06 begins on the 16th of January.