WOCS Packing List Questions

1) national guard guys going TDY, did you have enough time to pick up some things at the PX? I know high demand items run out quickly and that there is a rush to stencil everything (late nights etc etc)

2) the cold weather gear listed on the packing list:

-Gortex

-ASU cold jacket

-dress gloves

-IPFU jacket and pants

-Microfleece cap

-glove inserts

I understand clearly what is says on the packing list, that we must have those items. Based on my experience it is hard to believe that most people attending have those items, must less need them for a June or July WOCS course. Any thoughts on this one? Did you bring them or not bring them?

Thanks!

1) national guard guys going TDY, did you have enough time to pick up some things at the PX? I know high demand items run out quickly and that there is a rush to stencil everything (late nights etc etc)

2) the cold weather gear listed on the packing list:

-Gortex

-ASU cold jacket

-dress gloves

-IPFU jacket and pants

-Microfleece cap

-glove inserts

I understand clearly what is says on the packing list, that we must have those items. Based on my experience it is hard to believe that most people attending have those items, must less need them for a June or July WOCS course. Any thoughts on this one? Did you bring them or not bring them?

Thanks!

Bring em. You dont want to start off on the wrong foot by not having a required item. You will store what you dont need in a closet.

Yes bring every item the packing list says to bring... Period.

I went with nothing but what was listed. Nothing extra.

There was plenty of time to stencil and get things done or purchased, if need, be before you class up and transfer over from reception.

I recommend buying and bringing with you black fabric paint. Don't use sharpie, it washes out.

Yamer,

I know you are a guard guy, that helps!

I have all of the packing list items and if there was a tendency to not have cold weather gear on hand in the summer, I wanted to save the room. Always pack light...

More questions:

The packing list on WOCC is from 2013, still good?

Name tape on gortex jacket left flap: top of flap? Centered? Does it matter because it's just to find your crap when tossed?

I'm not bringing anything extra except baby wipes and a watch!

Thanks

Yamer,

I know you are a guard guy, that helps!

I have all of the packing list items and if there was a tendency to not have cold weather gear on hand in the summer, I wanted to save the room. Always pack light...

More questions:

The packing list on WOCC is from 2013, still good?

Name tape on gortex jacket left flap: top of flap? Centered? Does it matter because it's just to find your crap when tossed?

I'm not bringing anything extra except baby wipes and a watch!

Thanks

I think it's pretty standard across the army top flap centered on the bottom. For the gortex.

In other news, ordered thin ribbons and they look great except I missed adding a ribbon. Good god how does this happen....sheesh I want to kick myself. Hopefully no one notices.

Does anyone know where to find the WOCS SOP on digits? Just looking to get a small jump on basic stenciling. Even the welcome packet says to get the stencil made in advance.

Thanks again for any help in advance.

Didn't have time to read through it all. But use the black shoe polish with a sponge at the end to stencil your name on your t-shirts. There's a white one for the socks also. It looks good and stays forever.