WOFT time commitment?

Once selected and sign your WOFT contract at MEPs, what are approximate timeframes from:

1. The time you sign your contract at MEPs to shipping out to basic? I'm sure this varies, but how soon can you typically ship out?

2. The time you ship to basic to the time you graduate from flight school?

I know there's probably time gaps between WOCs and flight school, etc, but just looking for a rough estimate.

Once selected and sign your WOFT contract at MEPs, what are approximate timeframes from:

1. The time you sign your contract at MEPs to shipping out to basic? I'm sure this varies, but how soon can you typically ship out?

2. The time you ship to basic to the time you graduate from flight school?

I know there's probably time gaps between WOCs and flight school, etc, but just looking for a rough estimate.

1- like you said it varies from weeks to months, it depends on when the WOCS dates line up.

2- 1.5-2 years depending on bubbles

And then it's after you graduate flight school that the 6-year commitment clock starts?

From what I've read, you reup your contract after flight school for 6 years. So it's basically a 8 year commitment when you consider 2 years of flight school and then another 6 years after graduation.

Plan on finishing common core flight and selecting aircraft roughly 9-10 months after graduating wocs right now. My class was almost exactly one year but we had a few extra months of holdover. From there its all aircraft dependent. Ill be leaving Rucker about 2 years after pinning WO1. Some of my buddies will be outta here in September, so about a year and a half. Once you pin wings after advanced airframe, then you owe 6 more years.

After flight school, about what % of your Army workday is spent flying in the air (if you could figure an avg. percentage)?

You dont fly everyday. Too many factors to really determine how much you will fly. What aircraft? What mission? Deploying soon? Which unit(TDA?)?

You dont fly everyday. Too many factors to really determine how much you will fly. What aircraft? What mission? Deploying soon? Which unit(TDA?)?

I know, lots of variables. But is it closer to 50% of your Army time is flying? 10%? Just trying to get a ball park figure.

So what do pilots do when not flying?

Stock the fridge with sodas and fatty cakes aka Fridge bitch. Property book officer additional duty. Briefings, walk around with their hands in their pockets all day...not get haircuts. YouTube with their iPad that always seems to be attached to their hip.
  • Like 1

Stock the fridge with sodas and fatty cakes aka Fridge bitch. Property book officer additional duty. Briefings, walk around with their hands in their pockets all day...not get haircuts. YouTube with their iPad that always seems to be attached to their hip.

Not sure if sarcastic or painfully true

The Army always finds ways to fill your week with bullshit on the days you are not flying.

Additional duties can be everything from:

Fridge Bitch

Firemarshall

ALSE

Supply

UMO

Armament O

Armorer

UPL

etc

etc

I'm 100% serious, if you show up to your unit baby faced as f**k fresh w01 or newly promoted CW2 you can almost guarantee you will somehow become the company fridge beitch. Just keep it stocked and the crewchief will fix your bird and you won't have to worry. Hungry crewchief seem to get irritable maintenancing all day.

From what I've read, you reup your contract after flight school for 6 years. So it's basically a 8 year commitment when you consider 2 years of flight school and then another 6 years after graduation.

so I was told that the obligation after flight school was 5 years and I had to look up the regs per AR 611-110 the obligation is 5 years but AR 350-100 says 6 years for any officer in IERW. Can anyone who has recently graduated expand on this? I hate it when regs contradict each other! not that 1 year is that much in the grand scheme of things

The Army always finds ways to fill your week with bullshit on the days you are not flying.

Additional duties can be everything from:

Fridge Bitch

Firemarshall

ALSE

Supply

UMO

Armament O

Armorer

UPL

etc

etc

Doesn't leave a whole lot of time for beach volleyball. . .