Army WOFT Letters of Recommendation Question

Hello,

I am currently in the process of completing a WOFT packet before the next board in October. I was informed that my letters of recommendation were lacking (prior applicants have had letters from senators, military commanders, etc.). I'm hoping to get in touch with a flight warrant officer or any other high ranking person in the aviation industry who may be willing to interview me and provide a letter of recommendation that will put me ahead in the process.

I graduated college in spring with a degree in criminal justice and a plan to pursue a career in law enforcement. After landing a job in my home town and attending the police academy for a time, I had a change of heart and made the tough decision to resign and pursue my childhood dream of becoming a pilot. I have several friends in the army who sold me on the WOFT program.

Thanks.

Dnash,

Don't know what stage your application is in, but if you have the following completed, email me at: Michael.rutledge@usma.edu, and if you're willing to come to my location I'll be happy to provide a board to interview you.

1. SIFT

2. PFT

3. Flight Physical

4. Resume

5. "Why I Want to be a Warrant Officer" essay

A board we conducted for an applicant from VR last month that consisted of the USMA Flight Detachment Commander, past 160th IP, USAREC board member, (W4), the SP, past Chief of Warrant Officer Recruiting (W4), and head of USMA Aeronautical Engineering Department and post AV BN CDR (COL).

The applicant went away with a thorough review and critique of his application, and an excellent LOR. he was subsequently selected for the SEP 16 board.

Mike-

• Like 2

Wow, sick recruiter..

I'll tell you right now though. You are not going to be making the October board. Zero chance.

And although this recruiter sounds completely amazing, it still might be worth checking in with your local recruiter first.

I have no idea how far away he is from you, and if it's not outrageous I supppse consider it. But still, I'd go talk with local recruiter and see if they have someone who seems willing to help you out. They are going to ask you for the exact same stuff without the need to spend money on a two way trip flight ticket.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck.

((I am assuming he does not have all that stuff completed))

As someone who had no contacts within the military, I got two letters from CW5s and another from a Colonel just from calling and emailing nonstop until I had interviews scheduled.

First I asked my recruiter if he knew any pilots. He gave me an email address for a guy he knew at his previous duty station. That guy knew a guy who knew a guy who put me in touch with a retired Colonel who lived about an hour from me.

Next I called up an airfield near my house with a national guard unit stationed there. I called several times at all their listed contact numbers, but the guys who answered the phone were always some receptionist who had no clue there was a fleet of about a dozen apaches sitting right out in the open if he ever bothered to look out the window. But one of them did call up an active duty base a couple hours away and put me in touch with a CW5.

Last one, I knew there were helicopters at the nearby airfield since I see them flying around, so I searched local news articles for any recent articles involving pilots. The articles usually named pilots who won an award or some special honor, or if they had a picture of a helicopter, the photo caption listed the pilots flying it. I found those guys online and emailed them and eventually they brought me on the base and sat me down for an interview.

• Like 1

Wow, sick recruiter..

I'll tell you right now though. You are not going to be making the October board. Zero chance.

And although this recruiter sounds completely amazing, it still might be worth checking in with your local recruiter first.

I have no idea how far away he is from you, and if it's not outrageous I supppse consider it. But still, I'd go talk with local recruiter and see if they have someone who seems willing to help you out. They are going to ask you for the exact same stuff without the need to spend money on a two way trip flight ticket.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck.

((I am assuming he does not have all that stuff completed))

I gave you the benefit of the doubt for a while(only because the man who runs WOFT says numbers have been low lately), but if you can't even decipher that stearmann isn't a recruiter, just go away. I'm just gonna hold out hope that you're one of the current aviators trolling us. Please let me know if you're around B Co for some laughs. Its no secret who me, creep, drew, or VelosiT is.
  • Like 1

Wow, sick recruiter..

Speaking of sick, I think you need to go to sick call. I believe you have whatever Hillary's got. Take her with you.

• Like 2