Helicopter flight schools

Never heard of such a thing. The only companies that talk to 200 hour commercial pilots are ag operators. And it's a tough road to hoe...(pun intended).

HA, ag operators, I had almost forgotten that, "go through our training program and we'll give you a job" scam I fell for years ago. It was a high cost to almost frost,...hmm that's not really a pun is it?

I have never heard of an ag training program that you paid for. There were several ag operators near me and they were more than happy to put you in a truck and see if you worked out.

It was posted on the job page many years ago. There was also an ad at the top (near the Boatpix ad) once for an ag school that (I guess) was supposed to lead to a job?

,...but yeah, getting on driving a truck is probably a better idea,...well cost less anyway!

Edited by r22butters

What you are talking about is an apprenticeship program and no, helicopter operators don’t have them. Some will say they do, but they’re mostly a scam to rid your pockets of your cash.

If you want to be a pilot, accumulate a boat load of cash and find a flight school to attend…. After receiving all of the necessary certification to become employable, go get a job…. It’s that simple and for most, the way it’s done with no shortcuts…..