November 2016 WOFT Selection Board

Greetings posters and followers. I'm grateful to say I was recently selected for WOFT (November USAREC Board). At the point, I am verifying the details of the Enlistment Program my recruiters have presented to me. For the WOFT applicants selected, please share which enlistment program will guarantee us a flight training slot contingent on passing the required prerequisite training courses.
What Enlistment Program should be listed on section 2 of the "Statement of Understanding" presented by the career counselor from MEPS?
I"m interested in conversating with Selectee's, and those successful individuals who have made it to Ft. Rucker for IERW and beyond.
Looking forward to your feedback
-Will-

Any active duty guys on here that were sected? I'm trying to figure out if anyone else other than the civilian personnel received their WOCS report date yet.

I'm active duty and I was selected but haven't got my report date yet. I have a buddy who just got out of WOCS and he said he got his date in a week and change after the results came out, but holiday block leave is probably interfering. I'm guessing we'll find out after New Year's. Keep us updated when you find out and I'll do the same. And congrats!

I'm active duty and I was selected but haven't got my report date yet. I have a buddy who just got out of WOCS and he said he got his date in a week and change after the results came out, but holiday block leave is probably interfering. I'm guessing we'll find out after New Year's. Keep us updated when you find out and I'll do the same. And congrats!

Congratulations to you as well. I'll keep you posted.

Dmurray,

I signed my MEPS "Statement Of Understanding" for 9D Option Request 12. With Basic Training taking place at Ft. Lwood and AIT says "Rucker". I have worked extremely hard for this, so thank you for your comment. This information coming from a source outside of my circle makes me feel more confident.

-Will-

• Like 1

Forgot to post earlier, got selected in the November board, off to BCT in January.

SIFT: 56

ASVAB: 93/126

PT: 276

Flight physical: passed

Military: 5 years USCG, Active Duty

Civilian Education: AAS in Aviation Science, Professional Helicopter Pilot

LOR: USCG O6, Ret (college advisor and aviation program manager), USCG E7 I was stationed with for 3 years, and my flight instructor through Instrument and Commercial (~140 hours flown with)

Flight hours: 220, CFI, CPL, IR

Beyond excited that I got selected, been my dream to be a military aviator and officer since 2008.

When did you guys get your WOCS/flight school dates? All I've gotten so far is BCT.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if anybody has purchased or has some how got a hold of a WOCSOP manual. Ive been thinking of purchasing a copy just to read up on before I leave and probably end up taking with me to BMT. A friend of mine who graduated from WOCS about 5 years ago said it would be a good idea just so you are familiar with the SOPs when you arrive.

Just wondering if anybody has purchased or has some how got a hold of a WOCSOP manual. Ive been thinking of purchasing a copy just to read up on before I leave and probably end up taking with me to BMT. A friend of mine who graduated from WOCS about 5 years ago said it would be a good idea just so you are familiar with the SOPs when you arrive.

You don't need it. The WOCSOP is a restricted document. Trying to study the WOCSOP before hand is a waste of time anyway. You will have plenty of time to read it when you get there.

• Like 1

You don't need it. The WOCSOP is a restricted document. Trying to study the WOCSOP before hand is a waste of time anyway. You will have plenty of time to read it when you get there.

I can't emphasize this enough. Studying the WOCSOP before you go is a waste of time.

• Like 2

I can't emphasize this enough. Studying the WOCSOP before you go is a waste of time.

What are some of the things that you would be helpful to study before you leave?

Your family, friends, things and attractions in your local area. Oh really do not need to study anything ahead of time.

I couldn't agree more. Everything from WOCS to flight school graduation is well structured to teach you what you need to know while you're in the course. Studying ahead of time really wont set you ahead. Some people recommend 5 and 9s as you get within a month of starting IERW. But if you struggle so much to learn those that you need to start ahead of time, you're going to struggle to swallow the rest of the fire hose too.

Relax, enjoy your free time, and be excited for the direction you're headed. Read some Army Aviation books, watch some videos on YouTube, but don't waste time studying stuff that will be taught to you later. And clear your mind of all the rumors!

• Like 3

I couldn't agree more. Everything from WOCS to flight school graduation is well structured to teach you what you need to know while you're in the course. Studying ahead of time really wont set you ahead. Some people recommend 5 and 9s as you get within a month of starting IERW. But if you struggle so much to learn those that you need to start ahead of time, you're going to struggle to swallow the rest of the fire hose too.

Relax, enjoy your free time, and be excited for the direction you're headed. Read some Army Aviation books, watch some videos on YouTube, but don't waste time studying stuff that will be taught to you later. And clear your mind of all the rumors!

I've been studying the lakota flight manuals emergency procedures and performance. I've also read the army's fundamentals of flight (FM 3-04.203).

That's good! Learning your EPs now is good because you will recall them quicker when your peers can't during an actual emergency. The only way to really be ahead of the game is to already be a licensed pilot and fly regularly both IFR and VFR. Only then is flight school not a fire hose of information. It becomes more of just an aircraft transition with A LOT of hours.