thread out of line? lets see.

Guest pokey

since this seems to be a one man band, all about bug. lets all list his outstanding qualifications:

1) 747 airline pilot

2) fire tanker (fixed wing) pilot

3)director of maintenance

4) number 3 twice

5) crop duster (oh excuse me, "air applicator")

6) has flown all over the world for "years"

7) radial engine expert

8) holds record for most engine failures

9) philosopher

10) FAA regulation expert

i'm sure i have missed many,, feel free to ad

• Like 2

I suspect that he is more than one person working in the same office?

1) the baggert

2) the guy who insults everyone

3) the guy who (occasionally) has something useful to say

I suspect that he is more than one person working in the same office?

1) the baggert

2) the guy who insults everyone

3) the guy who (occasionally) has something useful to say

now now butters, i just wanted his "qualifications".. factual stuff/// ok ok,, ya got me on technicalities, but? i really wanted the stuff the he has posted on this forum that really tells of his extraordinary piloting & mechanical skills (which he always brags about)

after all? this post i created is? .............all about the bug, or you so eloquently call him "buggybaby"

will this go 'viral? i doubt it,,,

the kind of 'dirt' he tried to drag up on nearly retired.......... is this what this has come to? well as butters put it: "the show has just begun buggybaby",,,, who are you in real life? are you 1/2 the pilot extrodinairre that you claim to be? if so? we and me & many more want proof!----(oh wait,, he has ignored my posts, butters too & many others that want to hear his justifications)

oh well? how do you keep an a$$hole in suspense??--------------i'll tell ya tomorrow

and ? if i do get banned from this site, for this post,, do a search of "who can ground an aircraft",, you will see my dislike for know-it(thinks) like the bug

and ? if i do get banned from this site, for this post,, do a search of "who can ground an aircraft",, you will see my dislike for know-it(thinks) like the bug

Man, what the Hell's it take to get a lousy warning point around here anyway!

• Like 1

Hey, you guys know that I'm not exactly Avbug's biggest fan - but let's at least be fair to the guy. Yeah, he can be pompous and arrogant...and yeah he probably likes being the "big fish" in our little play pond...but in amongst all of his chest-beating and bragging (and belittling and insulting), he does once in a while offer up some useful and interesting nuggets.

I would never want anybody - even Avbug - to feel like they wouldn't or couldn't post here on this forum because, "Those guys are just a bunch of assholes." We already have a forum like that nearby.

Avbug is very full of himself. And maybe I am too. ("MAYBE, Bob???") But behind his flaming keyboard, Avbug is probably just an ordinary guy...probably at or nearing the end of his career, as I am. He probably feels like he's got a lot to say but hasn't been able to get anyone to listen to him in a long time. So he comes here.

Hey, we all love to fly, even Avbug, I'd guess. And really, isn't that what counts?

• Like 2

I would never want anybody - even Avbug - to feel like they wouldn't or couldn't post here on this forum because, "Those guys are just a bunch of assholes." We already have a forum like that nearby.

I don't feel that way at all, but then I never said any such thing. You just did.

There are a certain number of immature idiots who post here, and those are on the ignore list. I don't waste time reading their mindless thoughts. Those who can restrain themselves enough to retain some shred of professionalism and adult, rational conversation, remain.

You're on the precipice.

Well dang it...am I on the list? Sometimes I behave...othertimes I do shots of fireball...and go straight to my social media accounts. Lol

Avbug rants:

There are a certain number of immature idiots who post here, and those are on the ignore list. I don't waste time reading their mindless thoughts. Those who can restrain themselves enough to retain some shred of professionalism and adult, rational conversation, remain.

You're on the precipice.

Now see? Isn’t that just like him? He just can’t help himself, I guess. Avbug stomps in here like Harambe, all Mr. Bombastic (not to be confused with Shaggy’s “Mr. Boombastic”), bragging about how many people on this forum he’s already blocked and warning me that I’m “on the precipice.”

Avbug, listen to me, son. First of all, if you block everyone there’ll be nothing for you to read and nobody to get made at. You never actually start any threads (afraid of the backlash, probably). You only react to existing threads, usually to lecture the uneducated on How Things Really Are And Ought To Be Forever And Ever, Amen.

So if you keep blocking people you’re only going to see posts by, ohhhh, iChris. And while Chris’s posts are always informative - in a college textbooky kind of way - they’re usually (sorry, Chris) not much fun and hardly ever controversial. Me, I’m here for the fun. And if I occasionally learn something along the way, so much the better. And I do.
And see, that’s the very basic difference between you and me, Avdude: I’m here to learn; you’re here to Teach. I figure that as much as I know about aviation, I don’t yet know everything. But I’m learning!
Secondly, you caution me that I’m on the verge (“the precipice!”) of being blocked like all the other riff-raff. As. If. That. Matters. Avbug, you’re not the forum moderator - you have no clout in here. Maybe you think that there’s a level of sorrow…or perhaps shame at being blocked by such an anonymous aviation luminary as you. Far from it, ol’ buggy ol’ pal. Nobody cares.
Block me and what would you do for entertainment? Your life would be more boring and meaningless than it probably already is. Block me and your long-suffering wife would say, “What’s wrong, dear? You seem depressed…and by that I mean more depressed than usual. Hasn’t that mean old Nearly Retired guy said anything to upset you lately? Oh look, there are some kids playing on our lawn. They look black or Mexican - I can’t tell. Orrrr…maybe they’re from that New Age Non-Denominational church down the street. Go yell at them!”
It’s the same thing if I blocked people, which I never do, by the way. Here on the internet I don’t shy away from controversy, negative people or unpleasant thoughts impulsively posted. Nobody would care or likely even know if I blocked them. Unless I told them in advance…so they’d know…so they could go to bed that night fraught with sorrow that they were blocked on the internet by the great Bob Barbanes! OH MY GOD!
Which would be silly.
Ah, this whole thing is silly, isn’t it? But you know what? It’s a nice, calm, overcast Saturday morning here in central Washington State. I’m gonna have some breakfast and then gather up my tools. I’ve got a fuel truck to work on and get running. Nobody’s around today, so I can crank up the tunes and rock out with my c…uhh…never mind. Let's just say that out we will rock! Whether anything else happens depends on my mood at the time.
  • Like 1

So I looked into it, and this ignore list thing seems to be really popular with a certain group of people. More evidence for the "mom's basement" theory for buggybaby if you ask me!

Is this a forum for professional helicopter pilots and such, or for schoolgirls Unfriending each other??

Grow up a little. Stop teasing the other kids. Makes for 5h1t reading.

You don't "get" the internet, do you?

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/topic/18920-do-most-army-soldiers-want-aviation/#

125 pages!

Edited by r22butters

Yes I "get" the internet, but to see Avbug, Pokey and Butters calling each other names isn't what the forum is about. You three might get a kick out of it, others not so much.

Feel free to start a topic on something you'd like to discuss then!

Yes I "get" the internet, but to see Avbug, Pokey and Butters calling each other names isn't what the forum is about. You three might get a kick out of it, others not so much.

I didn't.

The thread was started as a personal attack, and I put the poster on my ignore list. You can look to the others for the name calling. I don't even see their posts.

Block me and what would you do for entertainment? Your life would be more boring and meaningless than it probably already is. Block me and your long-suffering wife would say, “What’s wrong, dear? You seem depressed…and by that I mean more depressed than usual.

maybe the bug is the wife? after all, gender says: "not telling"

I'll carry on...somehow. It'll be hard, but THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

I suspect it's only temporary. People like avbug can't resist reading to see if their name is mentioned or if something "stupid" is written that they can comment on. And believe me, I qualify on both of those things!

• Like 1

NR, I solemnly swear to never block you, and if called upon into action to feverently argue and make known my opinion, especially if required I will switch sides of the matter solely for entertainment purposes unless its decided the cause was settling with power, then my case is already decided.

John