As the election comes to a close, and a Trump presidency seems to be on the horizon, I'm interested in the political views of the military community, and how the president influences the lives of those currently serving.

I myself am a Clinton supporter, more out of default than anything. I think that Trump risks ruining our international relations, both by becoming isolationist in foreign policy and ceding our hegemony in ME and Ukraine to Russia. I view him as unstable and unfit in temperament to be commander in chief.

As for Clinton.....where do I begin. I think that we can run the risk of a one term clinton presidency and still manage to come out no worse or better than we were post-Obama.

How comfortable are y'all with a Trump presidency and what are your unique views on the election based on your current service in the army?

PS- IDK if this is an appropriate question on an informational forum, feel free to remove it if it isn't.

As I'm only a WOFT candidate, my opinion isn't built upon any experience in the military but as a patriotic aviator nonetheless, I don't think a focussed and specific forum dedicated to Army Aviation needs to be bothered by political rhetoric. It doesn't get any of us closer to becoming Army Aviators and the WOFT process is already difficult enough without discussing a heated and divisive election.

Besides, you lost bra. Hang up your crocs and call it a day.

• Like 5

@SBuzzkill

That's a pretty glorious moustache and the calvary hats top off the badassery. After reading the article Lindsey posted a while back (http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/kiowa-helicopters-americas-new-cavalry-20131211) I was pretty stoked to hop in one but from what I gather that won't really be an option anymore. Board date is finally set for the 7th at Landstuhl so maybe I'll have a better idea by then.

The very last American 58Ds are finishing up their last few months overseas. You'll likely only see a Kiowa Warrior on a range somewhere or perhaps being readied for delivery to another country. Hopefully you'll get some time in a 58A/C during flight school.

The very last American 58Ds are finishing up their last few months overseas. You'll likely only see a Kiowa Warrior on a range somewhere or perhaps being readied for delivery to another country. Hopefully you'll get some time in a 58A/C during flight school.

I hope so too. Are they being replaced with echo model 64's? Doesn't seem like the Army is taking the practical cost-effective route. A fair amount of Kiowas that can do a good job vs. less 64's with a couple upgrades doesn't really make sense...