Is anyone taking their Class 1A flight physical anytime soon? If so, will you ask the doctor if they accept retained orthopedic hardware in the foot?
I heard from what I believe is a credible source that they will not accept anyone with retained hardware. From where I am in the process, it will be a few months before I can get a flight physical. I am considering just going ahead and having my hardware removed. From a time perspective, it makes sense to me to go ahead and have it removed now, rather than wait a few months to be told I have to have it removed. There is a 6 month waiting period to join after any surgery, so I am just trying to cut my wait time down.
Anyone have experience with this or advice?