Double suction RAM mount

HawaiiCFII

I'm looking to get an RAM iPad mount suitable for the Astar with it's slightly curvy windscreen. I like the security of the double suction but I'm too poor to buy the "articulating" model.

Does anyone have experience with using the non-articulating double suction mount on a mildly curved surface.

Am I being paranoid? Anyone have the suction cup fail?

Thanks in advance.

I think that's what two of our AStar guys use, though I haven't gotten a very good look at it. It's definitely 1 iPad, 2 cups though. I've got a clamp, which I can get on there if I need to, but usually I use a leg strap with velcro on it and velcro on the back of the iPad (mini). I used to have a single suction cup but it never seemed to hold up, but that was on the glass of an H-60.

I use the RAM double suction mount with an ipad mini for the last year or two in my Enstrom. Occasionally one of the cups will come loose, if I attach it to where the windshield curves too much. Then I just reposition it and it stays. Never have both cups come loose.