Another ARNG thread (Input from New Englanders would be great)

Certainly not counting my chickens before they hatch... I've already been NS once. I am encouraged that they are willing to board me. I also have a handful of contacts in this State who are willing to put in a good word for me which is helpful. Benefits of being involved in the veteran community where you live!

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update: Got some great news today, looks like I'm joining the Army! This website has been a great resource, and I'll continue to post updates.

Looks like I'll be "enlisting" now so they can get started on my clearance, and hopefully I'll have a school slot by the fall.

Mike

• Like 1

I take the bar in July so I'm cool with a fall slot. Enjoy one last summer for a little while (when I'm not considering hanging myself while doing bar prep).

Will do on the Guard write-up.

Mike

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Pardon for "necroposting", didnt want to start a new topic.

Is it true that Army shrinks the number of available training slots for Army Aviation and ARNG, especially, for AH64s ?

There are fewer training slots for the Guard because the majority of the states’ 64’s were transferred to help fill active duty shortfalls. There are still plenty of 64 slots for active duty. Check the “selection today” thread to see what the recent airframe selections have looked like.

• Like 1

I am not but I have a friend who selected in late September (a month before I did) and is still waiting on a 64D class because the last one started 2 weeks before his selection and next one won't start until summer this year(if rumor is true). He is Utah NG and by the time he classes up it would be over a 9 months bubble.

I am not but I have a friend who selected in late September (a month before I did) and is still waiting on a 64D class because the last one started 2 weeks before his selection and next one won't start until summer this year(if rumor is true). He is Utah NG and by the time he classes up it would be over a 9 months bubble.

They are phasing out the 64D classes......got a buddy who is an IP for 64s asked him last week, because of the selections as of late have had practically no 64D shown!

• 5 months later...

Just an update for anyone who is following this. I got home from WOCS a couple months ago. I was called and offered school dates in August, September, and March. I ended up taking the March date as the others would have me in SERE too close to my wife's due date for comfort. I figure moving down there with a 4-5 month old will be better than my wife having to give birth right after we get down there, leave her OB, etc. I'm holding out for a January date (the earliest I would feel comfortable going), but as of now I'm booked for March.

In the interim, I'm on ADOS with the MA ARNG working for the OSM and WOSM. So if anyone has any questions about going Guard aviation, or other warrant or commissioned roles in the Guard, I'll do my best to answer them.

This forum has been an invaluable resource. I can't say enough good things about it and the members.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mike0331, Im getting ready to do the state board with the NV ARNG. Assuming Im selected, what does the process look like from there? I know its different per state, but generally speaking, if youre selected by the state does the FEDREC board just pencil whip your package? Did you have any waivers? I have one, an age waiver, how does that effect the process?

• 6 months later...

Hey, just an update. Have my PCS orders in hand finally. Headed down to Rucker in a few weeks with the wife, 3 dogs, and new baby. I'm still on ADOS with the WOSM for MA, so if anyone has any questions about the Guard process, I'm close to a SME currently, at least as far as aviation is concerned.

• 1 year later...