VOLO_VRHome200TigerTugsFrasca VRForum468Helicopter Academy
Photo
- - - - -

Another ARNG thread (Input from New Englanders would be great)

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 Rat_Taylor

Rat_Taylor

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 14:10

Congratulations Mike! 

• mike0331 likes this

#82 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 18 July 2018 - 21:41

Thanks. Still crossing my fingers for an earlier class but it is what it is. Glad I at least have some certainty for the time being.
  • Rat_Taylor likes this

#83 Rat_Taylor

Rat_Taylor

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 13:48

Definitely! 

#84 AriX17

AriX17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:10

Pardon for "necroposting", didnt want to start a new topic.
Is it true that Army shrinks the number of available training slots for Army Aviation and ARNG, especially, for AH64s ?

#85 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:51

Pardon for "necroposting", didnt want to start a new topic.
Is it true that Army shrinks the number of available training slots for Army Aviation and ARNG, especially, for AH64s ?

There are fewer training slots for the Guard because the majority of the states’ 64’s were transferred to help fill active duty shortfalls. There are still plenty of 64 slots for active duty. Check the “selection today” thread to see what the recent airframe selections have looked like.
  • AriX17 likes this

#86 Adriek64

Adriek64

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 14:17

well... they are doing away with 64Ds classes. last one started in September 2018 and the next one will not start until july 2019. they are taking about only 2 64d classes per year.

#87 AriX17

AriX17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:12

adriel0491,

you mean ARNG ?

• Adriek64 likes this

#88 Adriek64

Adriek64

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 16:16

I am not but I have a friend who selected in late September (a month before I did) and is still waiting on a 64D class because the last one started 2 weeks before his selection and next one won't start until summer this year(if rumor is true). He is Utah NG and by the time he classes up it would be over a 9 months bubble.

#89 penlandc

penlandc

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 16:31

I am not but I have a friend who selected in late September (a month before I did) and is still waiting on a 64D class because the last one started 2 weeks before his selection and next one won't start until summer this year(if rumor is true). He is Utah NG and by the time he classes up it would be over a 9 months bubble.

They are phasing out the 64D classes......got a buddy who is an IP for 64s asked him last week, because of the selections as of late have had practically no 64D shown!

#90 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 18 July 2019 - 20:35

Just an update for anyone who is following this. I got home from WOCS a couple months ago. I was called and offered school dates in August, September, and March. I ended up taking the March date as the others would have me in SERE too close to my wife's due date for comfort. I figure moving down there with a 4-5 month old will be better than my wife having to give birth right after we get down there, leave her OB, etc. I'm holding out for a January date (the earliest I would feel comfortable going), but as of now I'm booked for March. 

In the interim, I'm on ADOS with the MA ARNG working for the OSM and WOSM. So if anyone has any questions about going Guard aviation, or other warrant or commissioned roles in the Guard, I'll do my best to answer them. 

This forum has been an invaluable resource. I can't say enough good things about it and the members. 

#91 Bomberbasic

Bomberbasic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 18:07

Hey mike0331, Im getting ready to do the state board with the NV ARNG. Assuming Im selected, what does the process look like from there? I know its different per state, but generally speaking, if youre selected by the state does the FEDREC board just pencil whip your package? Did you have any waivers? I have one, an age waiver, how does that effect the process?

#92 gravityrideseverything

gravityrideseverything

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. Coast Guard

Posted 01 August 2019 - 20:46

DM me. I was selected in January with an age waiver.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

MaunaLoaVRHome200FreeFlight_Home200Genesys VR Forum 200PrecisionVRForumHome200LakeSuperior200BLR 200Guidance Home 200Spectrum_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR Home