#21 Tubbypants

Tubbypants

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Company working for:USA 153A

Posted 09 December 2016 - 15:07

For the guard, I don't know about moving, but all the guard personal went home after WOCS and will return for their WOBC date. Once they come back for WOBC, they will stay here till the completion of the course. Even during bubbles slots open up and the guard get pushed to the front of the line to save the state money.

There are several hotels and apartments that let you set leases based of your time here.
  • mike0331 likes this

#22 Yamer

Yamer

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Company working for:Army National Guard

Posted 09 December 2016 - 15:42

Guard is a PCS move back to Rucker after you graduate WOCS. WOCS is TDY for just you and you stay in the barracks "lockdown".
When you PCS back, you'll be afforded the opportunity to live on base in housing or off base if you choose. Same as active duty.
During my flight school, Guard was pushed ahead of active duty on class rostering to avoid excessive bubbles. My longest one was 3 months. It's unlikely that you'll return to your home state during flight school unless you fail a class or something. The challenge is whether or not to sell your current house, and buy another one when you're done and headed home, or to maintain your house at home as well as live on base.
We were able to keep our house and live at Rucker with no problems.
  • Creep0321, Tubbypants and mike0331 like this
"If one engine fails, how far can the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!"

#23 DocHolliday316

DocHolliday316

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 17:12

Thanks for all the info guys. If the wife and kids come to see me graduate at WOCS, can that be considered the pcs move that the army pays for even if they start traveling (driving) a few days before I technically graduate? (household goods will be shipping separate)

#24 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:USMC Infantry, Lawyer(ish)

Posted 09 December 2016 - 17:29

We'll definitely be keeping our house back here. Not sure how real estate is in AL, but we got lucky with this house and put a lot into it, and the market keeps going up around here and I anticipate it will for the foreseeable future. From my brief research, rent seems really affordable in AL, especially if I split a place with another student.  Also, depending on timing my wife may or may not be joining me for something between none and all of my time. I am hoping to time it so I go the year I graduate, so 2018, my wife will be in clinical rotations for PA that entire year, although some can be out of state. 

How much of a delay is there typically between WOCS and WOBC?

Thanks all

Mike

#25 Tubbypants

Tubbypants

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Company working for:USA 153A

Posted 09 December 2016 - 18:18

We'll definitely be keeping our house back here. Not sure how real estate is in AL, but we got lucky with this house and put a lot into it, and the market keeps going up around here and I anticipate it will for the foreseeable future. From my brief research, rent seems really affordable in AL, especially if I split a place with another student.  Also, depending on timing my wife may or may not be joining me for something between none and all of my time. I am hoping to time it so I go the year I graduate, so 2018, my wife will be in clinical rotations for PA that entire year, although some can be out of state. 

How much of a delay is there typically between WOCS and WOBC?

Thanks all

Mike

The bubble between WOCS and WOBC varies. We had a of us start the following week of graduation and others have start days within a month or two.

#26 JCBigler

JCBigler

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 16:53

Got my WOCS date of May 11. Wife and daughter are staying with family. Will have a son born early June during WOCS. Household goods will ship from from Alaska once I graduate (I'm street to seat). When family comes down for graduation can they stay in TLF housing of some sorts while we wait for our stuff to come and get a house on base for WOFT? Wondering how to make it so they can can stay at Rucker (hopefully with me) upon my graduation even when all our stuff isn't here yet so they don't have to go back home with family and then make another trip. Any wisdom or insight from anyone as to how this works after WOCS?

My brother just got his WOCS start date of May 11 also. Haven't heard if he is taking his wife and daughters to Alabama with him or they are planning to stay in Texas during his training. He's prior regular Army and is currently in the Guard.

#27 Yamer

Yamer

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Company working for:Army National Guard

Posted 11 December 2016 - 19:18

For Guard, the delay between WOCS and WOBC is entirely state dependant. I only had three days at home to pack and leave again to make it back in time, but my buddy had a three month wait, and we were in the same WOCS.
"If one engine fails, how far can the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WOCS, Wocc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Spectrum_VRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200NFCVRForum200HomeLORD_VRHome200BE_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeAMTC 2018Genesys VR Forum 200