March 2017 WOFT Board

With less than 13 days to go, can anybody fill me in on when I should expect to hear an answer? Same day of the board? How many days of anxious nail biting can I expect for the March 2017 USAREC board as a civilian?

Please send answers, beer and help.

Civilians generally can find out 24 hours after the board and AD with find out 72 hrs after the board on MILPERS.

• Like 1

With less than 13 days to go, can anybody fill me in on when I should expect to hear an answer? Same day of the board? How many days of anxious nail biting can I expect for the March 2017 USAREC board as a civilian?

Please send answers, beer and help.

Sooner than me😡. My recruiter flaked on me and now I have to wait until the May board. Good luck, post your results! Hope to see you at Rucker!

I've posted on the last couple of boards and foremost one reason or another didn't make it to the board. Decided not to post on this on in case it was bad luck.or something. Well I'm fairly certain that my packet has been forwarded to this board appreciate here goes:

ASVAB/GT: 92/128

SIFT: 65

PT: 277

Flight Physical: Go no waivers

Military: 3 years and some change 11B 82nd ABN

Civilian Education: B.A. Criminal justice (GPA not great, 2.9)

LOR: CW4 pilot, Air force O-5 Pilot, Army O-5 (Healthcare), Congressman, Current Fire Chief,

Retired NFL head coach

Flight Hours: None.

Waivers: None.

*Update to the waiver, they made me get an age waiver. I was told the age cap changed but then I was also told that they just decided to process a waiver since I will turn 33 while in the course. Who even knows at this point. Either way, glad to finally be going to the board. Good luck to everyone else.

ASVAB/GT: 96/131

SIFT: 76

PT: 238

Flight Physical: Passed no waivers (Except I'm too tall to fly the Kiowa (RIP))

Military: None

Civilian Education: 84 Credits, Associates in General Studies, 3.5 GPA (Had some leadership classes in there as well)

LOR: President of the Christian College I graduated from, Current boss, Retired CW3, and an active duty CW5 Aviation Command Chief Warrant Officer.

Flight hours: None

Battalion Board: Passed with a high recommendation (Don't know the score)

After almost a year of work, 2 missed dates, and a recruiter leaving... I'm finally in the board!!

• Like 4

Civilian Education: 84 Credits, Associates in General Studies, 3.5 GPA (Had some leadership classes in there as well)

LOR: President of the Christian College I graduated from, Current boss, Retired CW3, and an active duty CW5 Aviation Command Chief Warrant Officer.

After almost a year of work, 2 missed dates, and a recruiter leaving... I'm finally in the board!!

Well, start packing.... You're getting selected! I'm jealous of those stats!

• Like 1

If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? I'm just curious because I'm not exactly short, and wondering if I'll run into any limitations.

• Like 1

Don't worry about the Kiowa, you won't get to fly one anyway! Great stats, good luck. Welcome to the nail biting club

Hi all

Checking for this board after a year long process that has included recruiters losing SIFT results and not telling me, while letting me think it was being boarded. But here I am.

ASVAB/GT: 90/123
SIFT: 60
PT: 282(Its now a 290+)
Flight Physical: Passed no waivers
Military: Prior Marine E-5 UAV operator 2 deployments ISO OEF(over 2300 hrs of flight time including civilian time)
Civilian Education: 80 Credits, 3.85(Arizona State)

Civilian Experience: 5 Civilian Contractor Deployments flying and mission commanding UAV's in Afghan
LORs: 4: O7 Deputy CG 82nd, (O5, O4, O3) Marine Aviators
Battalion Board: Passed 75/75

Fingers crossed

• Like 1

If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? I'm just curious because I'm not exactly short, and wondering if I'll run into any limitations.

I am 6'3", give or take an inch. (Gave my flight physical to my recruiter or else I could actually check.) And I know the Kiowa is retired, I just find it funny how often it still shows up. I had a question on my SIFT asking about it as well.

And thanks guys! I'm just hoping my PT score doesn't hold me back. I'm ready for next week to be over :P

I am 6'3", give or take an inch. (Gave my flight physical to my recruiter or else I could actually check.) And I know the Kiowa is retired, I just find it funny how often it still shows up. I had a question on my SIFT asking about it as well.

My son graduated Flight School Sept. 2013, he had selected Kiowas only to find out the December after graduating that they were being retired. Only bring this up because he is 6'-5" and yes he could still squeeze into the 58, though looked awkward getting out. During selection when he chose the 58 they asked someone to take a look at him, I guess he was in a good mood that day because he gave the ok. During the selection for the following class they said no to someone that was shorter. Needless to say he endured a lot of "Tall" jokes while he was flying the 58.

• Like 1

Hi all

Checking for this board after a year long process that has included recruiters losing SIFT results and not telling me, while letting me think it was being boarded. But here I am.

ASVAB/GT: 90/123

SIFT: 60

PT: 282(Its now a 290+)

Flight Physical: Passed no waivers

Military: Prior Marine E-5 UAV operator 2 deployments ISO OEF(over 2300 hrs of flight time including civilian time)

Civilian Education: 80 Credits, 3.85(Arizona State)

Civilian Experience: 5 Civilian Contractor Deployments flying and mission commanding UAV's in Afghan

LORs: 4: O7 Deputy CG 82nd, (O5, O4, O3) Marine Aviators

Battalion Board: Passed 75/75

Fingers crossed

Are you coming at this as a civilian? I came in with very similar stats and I got picked up. Looks real good man!

• Like 2

Are you coming at this as a civilian? I came in with very similar stats and I got picked up. Looks real good man!

Yes I'll be applying for the civilian board, and thank you man I really appreciate that. I'll have to get more info from you if I get picked up.

GT: 120

SIFT: 50

Degree: 3.0 GPA - B.S. Ag Business

PT: 285

LOR: BC, CC, Active Duty CW5

Military: 7 years TXARNG, 4 years enlisted 11B, 3 years commissioned FA

Flight physical: Passed no waivers

Flight Hours: 50 hrs Rotary Wing (I have my private rotary wing license)

I have not heard of many guys going from NG to AD but I know its not impossible. With this being the only board for Officers this FY I am hoping that it all works out.

Any one know of other Officers that submitted a WO packet for this board?

Best of luck to yall

Hello all,

GT: 111

SIFT: 70

Degree: 54 credita, 4.0 GPA

PT: ~270

LOR: BC, CC, CW5 (AD)

Military: 6 years USN (currently AD)

Flight Physical: Scheduled, not complete

Flight Hours: None

Probably not making this board, definitely aiming for the May deadline. How are my stats looking?

Good luck to all.

The packets have been sent, the stats have been posted, I can't really think of much else to say until we start getting notified.

The earliest civilians would probably get a call would be Wednesday correct?

The packets have been sent, the stats have been posted, I can't really think of much else to say until we start getting notified.

The earliest civilians would probably get a call would be Wednesday correct?

Yea man I'm thinking probably Wednesday based off past threads.