100 replies to this topic

#21 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 17:32

Other posts have mentioned there is currently a shortage of pilots. What does that mean for the March board? Better chance of selection hopefully....

Don't read much into hearsay, I would of course hope for a better chance of being selected, but the Army is a fickle bitch.

Civilian, selected March 2017.

#22 bLACksUn1015

bLACksUn1015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 18:50

Not sure why the shortage will mean for us applicants, but I know that my submission for the battalion board was over a week late and they still called and asked me to come sit for the interview. After that, my flight physical wasn't complete till Feb. 26th even though the USAREC board packet submission deadline was the 23rd. Still, they held the door open for me. Seems like they are allowing a lot of things to slide for qualified applicants due to the shortage.

Age 21
I graduate in May with a bachelors degree, 3.99 GPA.
ASVAB 93
GT 126
SIFT 64
PT 254, will be a lot higher by the time I ship out
Flight Physical Passed
Battalion Board Passed

#23 Ritter

Ritter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 23:17

AD Army SSG 15Q(Air Traffic Controller)

GT: 123
SIFT: 48
Degree: 86 credits
PT: 284
LOR:CPT(UH60 pilot)
LTC(OH58/UH47 pilot)
COL(FA BDE Commander)
CW5(OH58/AH64 pilot)
Military: 7.5 years, 1 Deployment, BLC, ALC, Combatives, CLS, Joint Fire Power, UPL
Flight Physical: Approved

Looking at my stats, will my SIFT score end my chances of pursuing this dream?

Definitely not. Good luck. 

#24 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 15:09

With less than 13 days to go, can anybody fill me in on when I should expect to hear an answer? Same day of the board? How many days of anxious nail biting can I expect for the March 2017 USAREC board as a civilian?

Please send answers, beer and help.

#25 Stump

Stump

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 15:58

With less than 13 days to go, can anybody fill me in on when I should expect to hear an answer? Same day of the board? How many days of anxious nail biting can I expect for the March 2017 USAREC board as a civilian?

Roughly 3 days from the decision to the posting IIRC from what I've seen on the forums.

• krustchinsky likes this

#26 TxAg14

TxAg14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 16:17

Civilians generally can find out 24 hours after the board and AD with find out 72 hrs after the board on MILPERS.

#27 Ferguson500

Ferguson500

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 17:45

Sooner than me😡. My recruiter flaked on me and now I have to wait until the May board. Good luck, post your results! Hope to see you at Rucker!

#28 wheelsup

wheelsup

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 18:24

Last board ended on a Friday, results for AD were released the following Wednesday.. I will be waiting patiently on the MILPER messages clicking refresh every 1-2 seconds.. 3 weeks out...

#29 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 18:50

Sooner than me. My recruiter flaked on me and now I have to wait until the May board. Good luck, post your results! Hope to see you at Rucker!

Good luck for the May board! I've been in this process a year, it is frustratingly slow at times.

#30 Brian101193

Brian101193

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 17:03

This thread is shockingly dead/short for a board week

"I'm not that dumb" - Shindig

#31 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:59

This thread is shockingly dead/short for a board week

I'm dying over here, just another week or so. There don't appear to be a great deal of civilian applicants this board that decided to share their stats. 

• Brian101193 likes this

#32 eaelliott5

eaelliott5

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:59

I've posted on the last couple of boards and foremost one reason or another didn't make it to the board. Decided not to post on this on in case it was bad luck.or something. Well I'm fairly certain that my packet has been forwarded to this board appreciate here goes:

ASVAB/GT: 92/128

SIFT: 65

PT: 277

Flight Physical: Go no waivers

Military: 3 years and some change 11B 82nd ABN

Civilian Education: B.A. Criminal justice (GPA not great, 2.9)

LOR: CW4 pilot, Air force O-5 Pilot, Army O-5 (Healthcare), Congressman, Current Fire Chief,
Retired NFL head coach

Flight Hours: None.

Waivers: None.

*Update to the waiver, they made me get an age waiver. I was told the age cap changed but then I was also told that they just decided to process a waiver since I will turn 33 while in the course. Who even knows at this point. Either way, glad to finally be going to the board. Good luck to everyone else.

#33 Brian101193

Brian101193

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 14:03

I'm dying over here, just another week or so. There don't appear to be a great deal of civilian applicants this board that decided to share their stats.

Was told the board was this week. You're 100% sure it's next week?

"I'm not that dumb" - Shindig

#34 StockTrader

StockTrader

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Interests:Trucks, Baseball, Helicopters
  • Company working for:WO1, US Army

Posted 13 March 2017 - 14:24

Was told the board was this week. You're 100% sure it's next week?

USAREC site says its 20-24 MAR
  • Brian101193 and TxAg14 like this

#35 Gideon

Gideon

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 13:35

ASVAB/GT: 96/131
SIFT: 76
PT: 238
Flight Physical: Passed no waivers (Except I'm too tall to fly the Kiowa (RIP))
Military: None
Civilian Education: 84 Credits, Associates in General Studies, 3.5 GPA (Had some leadership classes in there as well)
LOR: President of the Christian College I graduated from, Current boss, Retired CW3, and an active duty CW5 Aviation Command Chief Warrant Officer.
Flight hours: None
Battalion Board: Passed with a high recommendation (Don't know the score)

After almost a year of work, 2 missed dates, and a recruiter leaving... I'm finally in the board!!
  • Brian101193, Creep0321, Dmurray and 1 other like this

#36 Ferguson500

Ferguson500

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 16:29

Civilian Education: 84 Credits, Associates in General Studies, 3.5 GPA (Had some leadership classes in there as well)
LOR: President of the Christian College I graduated from, Current boss, Retired CW3, and an active duty CW5 Aviation Command Chief Warrant Officer.

After almost a year of work, 2 missed dates, and a recruiter leaving... I'm finally in the board!!

Well, start packing.... You're getting selected! I'm jealous of those stats!
  • Brian101193 likes this

#37 J4C

J4C

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 16:34

If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? I'm just curious because I'm not exactly short, and wondering if I'll run into any limitations.
  • Gideon likes this

#38 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 16:44

Don't worry about the Kiowa, you won't get to fly one anyway! Great stats, good luck. Welcome to the nail biting club

#39 jz88

jz88

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 20:50

Hi all

Checking for this board after a year long process that has included recruiters losing SIFT results and not telling me, while letting me think it was being boarded. But here I am.

ASVAB/GT: 90/123
SIFT: 60
PT: 282(Its now a 290+)
Flight Physical: Passed no waivers 
Military: Prior Marine E-5 UAV operator 2 deployments ISO OEF(over 2300 hrs of flight time including civilian time)
Civilian Education: 80 Credits, 3.85(Arizona State)

Civilian Experience: 5 Civilian Contractor Deployments flying and mission commanding UAV's in Afghan
LORs: 4:  O7 Deputy CG 82nd, (O5, O4, O3) Marine Aviators
Battalion Board: Passed 75/75 

Fingers crossed

• Dgonz004 likes this

#40 Gideon

Gideon

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:01

If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? I'm just curious because I'm not exactly short, and wondering if I'll run into any limitations.

I am 6'3", give or take an inch. (Gave my flight physical to my recruiter or else I could actually check.) And I know the Kiowa is retired, I just find it funny how often it still shows up. I had a question on my SIFT asking about it as well.

And thanks guys! I'm just hoping my PT score doesn't hold me back. I'm ready for next week to be over :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WOFT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016Able_VRHOme200MaunaLoaVRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200Helmet FX Home 200DevoreHome200NFCVRForum200HomeHeliHelmets-VR Home