March 2017 WOFT Board

Well good news! I just got the call and I was accepted. Talking with my recruiter about when I can get back out to MEPS to swear in.

Right now I am looking at the 60s. But wouldn't be disappointed by any of them.

• Like 2

Well good news! I just got the call and I was accepted. Talking with my recruiter about when I can get back out to MEPS to swear in.

Right now I am looking at the 60s. But wouldn't be disappointed by any of them.

Congrats Man! Where are you located?

My initial orders for WOCS were for 5 months after selection, however I asked to delay (for sons birth, staying at same hospital) an additional 3 months, which the accommodated.

Good to know! I'm hoping that I can stretch it out to the end of August, so that I can meet my expected nephew before I leave. I'd assume that I shouldn't expect many visits to home the first couple of years, if any at all.

Congratulations everyone! Looks like a pretty good turnout already.

About another week and hopefully I'll be posting the same... in the mean time the list for E-5 should come out today or tomorrow and I can practice scrolling down to reveal my name, and cut 2 weeks off WOCS to get to the good stuff!

So I ship out April 25, man that's really soon. But I don't start WOCS until may 11. I'm prior service so I don't have to go back to basic.

Anyone else enter with prior service? Can't imagine what I'll be doing for two weeks before starting WOCS. And I'm not allowed to drive myself so I'll be there without my vehicle. Luckily I only live about 2 hours away from rucker so I'll probably just have my wife drive my truck up if I have any free timencyclopedia.

• Like 1

Civilian here, I won't be leaving until September 25th for Fort Benning Georgia. Less than ideal, but at least I'm in and have a day now! Apparently the next WOCS date wasnt until January 4th so I get to hang out for awhile.

So I ship out April 25, man that's really soon. But I don't start WOCS until may 11. I'm prior service so I don't have to go back to basic.

Anyone else enter with prior service? Can't imagine what I'll be doing for two weeks before starting WOCS. And I'm not allowed to drive myself so I'll be there without my vehicle. Luckily I only live about 2 hours away from rucker so I'll probably just have my wife drive my truck up if I have any free timencyclopedia.

I'm curious who told you that you cannot drive yourself? I entered the Active Army through MEPS because I was in the reserve. I just told them I wanted to drive my car. They weren't really sure at first but I just insisted.

It will be much easier for you to have your vehicle with you.

• Like 1