March 2017 WOFT Board

So I ship out April 25, man that's really soon. But I don't start WOCS until may 11. I'm prior service so I don't have to go back to basic.

Anyone else enter with prior service? Can't imagine what I'll be doing for two weeks before starting WOCS. And I'm not allowed to drive myself so I'll be there without my vehicle. Luckily I only live about 2 hours away from rucker so I'll probably just have my wife drive my truck up if I have any free timencyclopedia.

I have a buddy who will be in that class with you.. hopefully if I'm selected I'll end up in that class for phase 2.

I was looking on ATTRS and the last phase 1 resident course listed was the May 11 class, I find it strange they don't have them more often.

Actually I was just thinking.. does anyone know how that works? Can a phase 1 DL enter with a class that just finished the resident course? Or do they keep everyone together?

Edited by wheelsup

They don't combine 7 weekers and 5 weekers unless the 5 week candidate failed the DL.

AS far as your POV goes. Tell MEPS to put POV authorization in your orders. You're life will be so much easier before and directly after WOCS.

• Like 2

Civilian here, I won't be leaving until September 25th for Fort Benning Georgia. Less than ideal, but at least I'm in and have a day now! Apparently the next WOCS date wasnt until January 4th so I get to hang out for awhile.

Thanks for the update! Assuming that they send the May board in January too, I'll probably see everybody at Rucker.... Now I just have to get my recruiter off his ass and get selected!

Thanks for the update! Assuming that they send the May board in January too, I'll probably see everybody at Rucker.... Now I just have to get my recruiter off his ass and get selected!

Just curious on the usarec website why I dont see a packet deadline past July 21, 2017? Is this the last one of the year? Thanks!

Just curious on the usarec website why I dont see a packet deadline past July 21, 2017? Is this the last one of the year? Thanks!

Wheelsup is correct... I think the last board this fiscal year is in September. I believe the next fiscal year starts in October or November. They will post a schedule for the next fiscal year in July. If you don't make the September board, you're probably looking at the board around the end of November. Don't forget to get the schedule when it comes out, because deadlines for the November board usually come up pretty quick after the schedule is released. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

I'm a civilian applying for the board and I talked with my recruiter at the end of last week and he said he hasn't heard anything back yet about selection and I haven't heard anything today either. Is there any other way i could check and see if I have been selected or not?

I would just keep calling him, let him know other civilian applicants have received their results already. Maybe one of the other civilian applicants on here who had a cool recruiter could check to see if your name is on the list...

Hi!

I am on here with a couple questions actually for my husband. He is active duty Navy and we have been working on his WOFT packet for over a year now, hoping to submit for the May board!! A little background: he has been undesignated for 14 months on his ship, and we've been working on the packet for over half of that time. His ship is set to deploy in early July, so we need him to be on the May board. Here are some questions, if you'd be so kind to help!!

1. How long did it take for you to get your flight physical stamped and approved from Rucker? His was sent in on March 20th. I've heard as short as a couple of weeks and as long as 90 days. Praying for a miracle here. Also, how did you find out it was back?

2. Is there any way he can go to MEPS beforehand to get an MOS from the Army just in case he doesn't get picked up? Essentially, we just want to do everything in our power so he does not deploy with this ship.

Some of his stats for reference:

SIFT: 80

APFT: 300

Civilian Education: 3.56 partial Aerospace Engineering degree (less than a year left)

LOR: CW3, CW4, LCDR, CDR, LT

Military experience: went in as an NSW candidate, left the program and was sent undesignated airman. Will be 2 years in May.

No flight experience.

Thank you!!!

Hi!

I am on here with a couple questions actually for my husband. He is active duty Navy and we have been working on his WOFT packet for over a year now, hoping to submit for the May board!! A little background: he has been undesignated for 14 months on his ship, and we've been working on the packet for over half of that time. His ship is set to deploy in early July, so we need him to be on the May board. Here are some questions, if you'd be so kind to help!!

1. How long did it take for you to get your flight physical stamped and approved from Rucker? His was sent in on March 20th. I've heard as short as a couple of weeks and as long as 90 days. Praying for a miracle here. Also, how did you find out it was back?

2. Is there any way he can go to MEPS beforehand to get an MOS from the Army just in case he doesn't get picked up? Essentially, we just want to do everything in our power so he does not deploy with this ship.

Some of his stats for reference:

SIFT: 80

APFT: 300

Civilian Education: 3.56 partial Aerospace Engineering degree (less than a year left)

LOR: CW3, CW4, LCDR, CDR, LT

Military experience: went in as an NSW candidate, left the program and was sent undesignated airman. Will be 2 years in May.

No flight experience.

Thank you!!!

if he didn't have any waivers for the physical it should be less than a week. The results are updated online, he should be able to check here Check the Status of your Flight Physical if he has a CAC card. Or he could politely call and ask the flight surgeon.

I'm not sure about the other question, I mean I'm sure it's possible but with him being active duty it would not be easy at all. Another thing is, even if he's selected in the may board, it doesn't mean he'll have orders soon enough that would prevent him from deploying in july. If the navy is anything like the army, he would be deployed.

if he didn't have any waivers for the physical it should be less than a week. The results are updated online, he should be able to check here Check the Status of your Flight Physical if he has a CAC card. Or he could politely call and ask the flight surgeon.

I'm not sure about the other question, I mean I'm sure it's possible but with him being active duty it would not be easy at all. Another thing is, even if he's selected in the may board, it doesn't mean he'll have orders soon enough that would prevent him from deploying in july. If the navy is anything like the army, he would be deployed.

Thank you for the response! The flight surgeon stamped and approved at Irwin, but he said that it could take up to a month and a half to receive back from Rucker. Good to know! Glad there is a place online to check. Thank you!

We are pretty sure that once he has orders in hand, even if they are after the July deployment schedule, that he will be detached from the ship and just go TAD.

• Like 1

And as an update, the results for Active duty are out today. FQ-NS for me, pretty disappointed but there's always next board. If anyone for some reason doesn't have access I could take a look for you. :(

Persevere, the pilot shortage is real. Hit the next board, you'll make it man.

• Like 1

And as an update, the results for Active duty are out today. FQ-NS for me, pretty disappointed but there's always next board. If anyone for some reason doesn't have access I could take a look for you. :(

Sorry to hear that. Good luck on the May board! Don't stop trying, yourstats are absolutely good enough to get selected at some point!

• Like 1

Looking for some feedback on one of my typical over-thought, losing my mind, I'm not sure what to do with my hands, ideas... please read on

So I was FQ-NS for the March board and will be forwarded to the May board. I made E-5 on 1 April. Let me give you the scenarios...

1. Update my entire packet prior to 1 May, to include DA photo, LORs, and my DA 61.

a. FQ-S: YAY, it was all worth it

b. NS-NC, my DA 61 was updated which means a 1 year wait from that date (Is that how it works?)

2. I update nothing and let my packet ride on as an E-4

a. FQ-S: YAY, worth the risk

b. NS-NC, I could apply for the waiver to submit prior to the 1 year wait since I made E-5 (Think that'll work?)

Summary: I believe my packet was strong and E-5 isn't THE determining factor in my selection. I'm leaning towards just letting my packet ride and in the unfortunate event that I'm NS-NC, then at least I can apply for the waiver and get back on a board sooner.

Where's the SWO's on here?

Looking for some feedback on one of my typical over-thought, losing my mind, I'm not sure what to do with my hands, ideas... please read on

So I was FQ-NS for the March board and will be forwarded to the May board. I made E-5 on 1 April. Let me give you the scenarios...

1. Update my entire packet prior to 1 May, to include DA photo, LORs, and my DA 61.

a. FQ-S: YAY, it was all worth it

b. NS-NC, my DA 61 was updated which means a 1 year wait from that date (Is that how it works?)

2. I update nothing and let my packet ride on as an E-4

a. FQ-S: YAY, worth the risk

b. NS-NC, I could apply for the waiver to submit prior to the 1 year wait since I made E-5 (Think that'll work?)

Summary: I believe my packet was strong and E-5 isn't THE determining factor in my selection. I'm leaning towards just letting my packet ride and in the unfortunate event that I'm NS-NC, then at least I can apply for the waiver and get back on a board sooner.

Where's the SWO's on here?

I'm sure you'll make the next board, good luck sir.

Me again! So my husband is back on track and got his physical back, but I just found out from the recruiter yesterday that he will have to go to MEPS and have a security interview before he can apply for the battalion board. The due date is April 20, my husband gets back April 14. Is MEPs a pretty quick and easy thing to schedule with army? How about the security interview?

Also for anyone who has been through the battalion board, is it a pretty straight forward process? Thank you!!

• Like 1

Hello Blue to Green!

In my experience it has always seemed fairly easy to get scheduled to head out to MEPS. Most times I was able to get out there the same week we found out I needed something done. Also, would the recruiter not be able to schedule him to go to MEPS between the 14th and 20th even though he isn't back yet? I would assume he would be able to... The security interview is something that I believe is standard for all enlisted folk so it is fairly easy to slip into line, I had to verify information after my battalion board so we headed over to MEPS and just waited until she called me in.

For me the battalion board was fairly straight forward. The Major did his best to make small talk and help me relax then proceeded to ask a handful of questions based off my packet and the job I was applying for. Things such as why do you want to be a warrant office over and officer, do you know the difference between the two. Why do you want to join the Army? Do you view this as a career? Then some more personal ones such as Do you plan on going for more than an associates? Give us the best accent you can do. And so on. So overall I would say it was a fairly standard job interview.

Hope that helps!

Me again! So my husband is back on track and got his physical back, but I just found out from the recruiter yesterday that he will have to go to MEPS and have a security interview before he can apply for the battalion board. The due date is April 20, my husband gets back April 14. Is MEPs a pretty quick and easy thing to schedule with army? How about the security interview?

Also for anyone who has been through the battalion board, is it a pretty straight forward process? Thank you!!

I've got a silly question, can I ask why you're making all the inquiries on behalf of your husband? I have no doubt you're extremely organized and capable, just wondering why he's not asking the questions for his application?

Your husband is an in-service applicant, there is no battalion board, that's just for civilian applicants. For in-service, you can almost complete the entire application without MEPs assistance. You only need them for final application assembly.

Mike-

• Like 3

Summary: I believe my packet was strong and E-5 isn't THE determining factor in my selection.

Maybe not but there's a huge difference between E-4 and E-5. You make E-4 by simply existing in the Army for 2 years without any major screwups. You earn E-5. Your packet will be much more competitive if you update it.

• Like 2