• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chiggins8

chiggins8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 13:47

Currently in the process of compiling my civilian WOFT Packet. I know you go to BCT, but where do civilian 153a contracts go for BCT? I know its BCT > WOCS > WOFT, and I know the last 2 are obviously at Rucker. But I can't find any information on BCT for civilian 153a's. Any info would be helpful.

#2 MckeeC

MckeeC

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 19:41

So far here at Rucker I've seen people from Benning, Jackson, and Sill but I believe you can get sent to any of the basic training locations. After BCT is WOCS, then WOBC, then SERE or Dunker (not sure of the order of those two), then IERW. You'll get pretty used to Rucker by the time you're done with all of your training!

• chiggins8 likes this

#3 StockTrader

StockTrader

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:Trucks, Baseball, Helicopters
  • Company working for:CW2, US Army, 64 Driver

Posted 15 December 2016 - 20:29

You can go to any of them. There really is no rhyme or reason as to where they send you.
  • Dmurray and chiggins8 like this

#4 chiggins8

chiggins8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:51

Thanks for the replies. If I was told to guess where I'd go, i'd say wherever the hell the Army wants to stick me haha. So it appears my instinct was correct. Theres no information out there regarding it, so I wanted to ask. Thank you guys!

#5 chiggins8

chiggins8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:52

Thanks for the replies. If I was told to guess where I'd go, i'd say wherever the hell the Army wants to stick me haha. So it appears my instinct was correct. Theres no information out there regarding it, so I wanted to ask. Thank you guys!

Also, sorry for the late reply! Just took the SIFT today though, so I made another post on this forum, and I remembered i'd posted this.

#6 MuffinMan

MuffinMan

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 17:25

Currently in the process of compiling my civilian WOFT Packet. I know you go to BCT, but where do civilian 153a contracts go for BCT? I know its BCT > WOCS > WOFT, and I know the last 2 are obviously at Rucker. But I can't find any information on BCT for civilian 153a's. Any info would be helpful.

As StockTrader said, you can get sent to any of them though it is 1st WOC HHC understanding that WOFT condidates are only supposed to be going to Jackson and Benning. It's kind of a toss up at this point where you end up.

#7 chiggins8

chiggins8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:48

As StockTrader said, you can get sent to any of them though it is 1st WOC HHC understanding that WOFT condidates are only supposed to be going to Jackson and Benning. It's kind of a toss up at this point where you end up.

Thanks for the info. Benning made the most logical sense to me, being that it was closer, but with the Army i knew itd probably just be a toss up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 153a, BCT, Civilian, street to seat, WOFT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

MaunaLoaVRHome200NFCVRForum200HomeHeliHelmets-VR HomeMidwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016Able_VRHOme200DevoreHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200Genesys VR Forum 200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Helmet FX Home 200