PSA - Attention Military Pilots

AdminLB

Attention Military Pilots - Rotorcraft Pro has partnered with American Airlines’ Envoy Air to help promote a new hiring program. They are pro-actively recruiting helicopter pilots into the airlines.
Stay tuned for similar announcements from other large agencies that we have partnered with who also need helicopter pilots.

q74Xo00NNi5K41.jpg

Probably why they don't specify civilian trained pilots as well,...we have no money!

,...besides, I thought the helicopter pilot shortage was for jobs flying helicopters?

Edited by r22butters

What if you don't have any VA benefits left? Do they still train you and offer a job?

They seem more like a flight school (with some airline connections ) looking for VA funds and students than an airline company looking for pilots.

Based on one of my friend's applications - no and no.

It is a company sponsored program for the record.

What if you don't have any VA benefits left? Do they still train you and offer a job?

They seem more like a flight school (with some airline connections ) looking for VA funds and students than an airline company looking for pilots.

They might be willing to work with you if you secure a loan or something.

From their website:

How it works

We’ll work with you to customize a training plan specific to your flight time and certificate requirements.

• Your training plan will clearly outline the duration and cost of training
  • We’ll show you how to apply your VA Benefit of up to $12,500 per year
  • Envoy will provide up to $23,000 toward your transition training
  • We also offer a new hire signing bonus to be paid out on the first day of Envoy training of up to $22,100 (dependent on fleet type)

I know a few guys doing this. It seems like the best deal we've had so far for a military rotary guy wanting to make a transition to the airlines. I'd be tempted but being home as much as possible is important to me.

Edited by SBuzzkill