TigerTugsHelicopter AcademyVOLO_VRHome200UpperLimit2011Home_468x60
Photo
- - - - -

Looks like sh*t is starting to stink at D Co.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 USCav19D

USCav19D

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Interests:H-60M and H-60M accessories.
  • Company working for:AMERICA.

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:23

This young lady was at honors with me, and was about to start the 64 course. I believe Lindsey knows her as well.

Anyways, perhaps some of you long timers can weigh in on this. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=bWiRGeDleXE

• Lindsey likes this

#2 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:57

Damn son, why you posting this drama so late at night? I got work in the morning.

Civilian, selected March 2017.

#3 USCav19D

USCav19D

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 21:02

Damn son, why you posting this drama so late at night? I got work in the morning.

I'm a habitual sh*t-stirrer.

I stir sh*t, habitually. 

Admittedly, I don't know this young LT remarkably well. Our paths have crossed a few times, and those who know her well speak highly of her. 

#4 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 21:03

I'm a habitual sh*t-stirrer.

I stir sh*t, habitually. 

I know. I lurk on r/army, you little devil you.

• USCav19D and VelosiT like this

#5 USCav19D

USCav19D

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 21:04

I know. I lurk on r/army, you little devil you.

My man

#6 Lindsey

Lindsey

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts
  • Interests:Autos.
  • Company working for:U.S. Army Aviation/Civilian CFI

Posted 09 February 2017 - 21:20

I've known her for nearly 15 years and we crossed paths again at Rucker. We used to talk about how one day we'd both be Army Aviators, when we were 14. This is...tragic. She is one of the smartest, most responsible, got-her-ducks-in-a-damn-row people I know. The Army threw away a damn fine soldier, Leader, and Aviator and will be worse off for it.
  • Dmurray likes this

#7 Dmurray

Dmurray

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Boards, Slow Subarus
  • Company working for:United States Army

Posted 09 February 2017 - 21:39

Wow.....

#8 USCav19D

USCav19D

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 22:04

Wow.....

Yup. I'm glad the story is spreading. If what she is saying is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then there'd better be some blowback against D Co cadre and BN for their conduct in this matter. 

• Dmurray likes this

#9 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 22:07

Just finished the video. How is it possible that she is getting screwed this bad? How is "Lt. Jenkins" able to escape seemingly un-scathed out of this whereas the LT in the video is being involuntarily separated?

I'm actually blown away by this. Is there anything that can be done now? 

#10 METT-TC

METT-TC

CFI Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Retired Army...jeeps, running, peakbagging (hiking), and a bit of flying

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:36

Just finished the video. How is it possible that she is getting screwed this bad? How is "Lt. Jenkins" able to escape seemingly un-scathed out of this whereas the LT in the video is being involuntarily separated?

I'm actually blown away by this. Is there anything that can be done now? 

Just watched the entire hour and yes, I believe those idiots rubberstamped what some junior captain investigating officer said without EVER looking at any of the evidence themselves. I don't know her from Adam, but I can absolutely see this occurring. And let us NOT pretend that non legal (or legal sometimes...but much less) know what is in a reg (there are A LOT of regs).

What can you do--spread it. What will get a bureaucracy to move in an opposite direction and stop its inertia?  The frigg'n press. May not make a difference, but I twittered the youtube link out to her Congressional delegation, the SMA, and several news orgs (I started it at 30:10 in the link). If only one of them looks at this, they will most likely get the same inclination (that she was rail roaded because of overwork and ineptitude). Messed up if 50% of this is correct-and I suspect she is on the up and up.

• Ritter likes this

#11 Ag64e

Ag64e

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:03

Maybe US Army WTF moments will get wind of this and post stuff. They love stirring the pot, and I think this situation definitely warrants some pot stirring. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, there's a good chance it's a duck. I hope it's not too late.

#12 USCav19D

USCav19D

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:30

Maybe US Army WTF moments will get wind of this and post stuff. They love stirring the pot, and I think this situation definitely warrants some pot stirring. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, there's a good chance it's a duck. I hope it's not too late.

Already happening.

#13 01CelicaGTS

01CelicaGTS

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Family, Flying Helicopters, Riding Motorcycles, Barbequing
  • Company working for:US Army

Posted 10 February 2017 - 21:30

Anyone have a TL;DR version (or I guess TL;DW)?

Edited by 01CelicaGTS, 10 February 2017 - 21:31.

#14 Lindsey

Lindsey

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 21:55

LT #1 cheats on test.
LT #2 reports her (apparently multiple people saw her cheating).

LT#1 in retaliation says that LT #2 is having an "inappropriate relationship (though NOT sexual in nature)" with LT #2's stick buddy. There is no evidence to support this. LT #2 is happily married to a deployed MAJ and raising their 6 year old son solo while he is deployed.

LT #1, #2, and aforementioned stick buddy are all investigated. The investigating officers are all buddies, potential conflict of interest. LT #1 is allowed to continue flight school. LT #2 and stick buddy are told they will be involuntary separated from the Army. Again, no evidence of any sort of misconduct.

LT#2 appeals, brings forth plenty of evidence of threats from LT#1, brings it up the chain who completely ignore her. CDR and above never look at her file, basically didn't grant her the time of day.

LT#2 goes to her Congressman who queries Ft Rucker, who fails to respond. IG wouldn't do anything because Congressman is already involved. All this takes place over a 1.5 year time period and both LT #2 and stick buddy were still forced out of the Army. She was forced to clear post this past week, DD214 is in hand hence the video.

-------------------

If still TLDR, one LT reported another one for cheating on a flight school test. First LT retaliated by claiming the other LT was having an inappropriate relationship with her stick buddy. Cheating LT is still in flight school and the other two got involuntarily separated. D co and higher didn't even grant them the time of day to actually read their appeals, lots of conflicts of interests, etc.

^This is all from the video. I have no inside knowledge of the investigation, and can't say anything about D co is true or not. I do know Army WTF moments has made contact with her and she is sending them the full 15-6 and all evidence for her and against her, so it will be interesting to see what this independent third party has to say.
  • Ritter, krustchinsky, Dmurray and 1 other like this

#15 ajm872000

ajm872000

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Cars, trucks, helicopters. Going fast.

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:32

Watched the video, a few of the guys named are my former classmates from the academy. After having done a whole lot of 15-6 investigations as a Commander all I have to say is if even half of this is accurate someone is about to have a lot of "splainin" to do. I see this being like the Oprah Winfrey show but instead of cars everyone in the CoC gets a GOMOR. Probably the legal office too. Interested to see what comes out of this.

• Ritter, Tradewinds and METT-TC like this

#16 Tradewinds

Tradewinds

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:08

In the video she ends it by saying she was separated, she doesn't mention what happened to her stick buddy. What happened to him?

#17 Lindsey

Lindsey

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:09

In the video she ends it by saying she was separated, she doesn't mention what happened to her stick buddy. What happened to him?

He got separated as well.
  • Dmurray likes this

#18 USCav19D

USCav19D

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:39

There is now a rumor that the investigation is being reopened, though I don't how accurate it is. 

• Creep0321 likes this

#19 zaurus

zaurus

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 13:29

Was Lt #1 a West Point Graduate or have political connections? Just curious.

#20 ajm872000

ajm872000

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Cars, trucks, helicopters. Going fast.

Posted 11 February 2017 - 14:06

Was Lt #1 a West Point Graduate or have political connections? Just curious.

Assuming what LT#2 stated was true; in this case I think it's more likely she was fooling around with someone in the CoC or, like you said, has connections. So many things appear wrong with this whole situation. Like the fact that just because legal was busy, she was denied legal representation. In addition the I/O should never be the commander, or anyone in the CoC, because of the conflicts of interest. The commander should never speak directly to the soldier under investigation because of conflict of interest when it comes time to recommend punishment. In fact NO commander should even speak to the I/O prior to the conclusion of the investigation because of undue command influence issues. I avoid my I/Os like the plague, can't tell you how many of them have tried asking me questions and I have to plug me ears like "lalalala I can't hear you please leave and don't come back until the investigation is done." Any of those alone would be enough to start congressional inquiries. But, that being said, there are always 3 sides to the story.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

NFCVRForum200HomeGenesys VR Forum 200DevoreHome200Able_VRHOme200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016ColoradoHeliOpsHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Helmet FX Home 200PrecisionVRForumHome200HeliHelmets-VR Home