Helicopter AcademyFRASCA FT468MountainRidgeHeliVRFT468
Photo
- - - - -

Post 9/11 GI Bill Changes

Post 9/11 GI Bill GI Bill Changes Veterans Benefits VA Private Pilots License PPL Flight Training

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 DiverB

DiverB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 20:27

Newbie here. I read thru most the posts here, checked the worthless VA website, and asked the folks at the flight school and no one seems to know.

BLUF: Will the GI Bill pay for my commercial rotor if I already hold a commercial fixed wing license?

I already had my commercial multi engine with instrument for fixed wing when I decided to get the rotor add on. I have my PPL rotor now and am looking at getting my CPL rotor and I'm being told I can't use GI Benefits for the commercial rotor because I already hold a commercial fixed wing certificate. I haven't used any GI bill benefits ever and would like to use them for something, especially since the helicopter training is so darn expensive.

Thanks

#22 WolftalonID

WolftalonID

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Flying, helicopters, back country, archery elk hunting, wood working!
  • Company working for:Rocky Mountain Rotors - Chief Instructor/135 Pilot

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:05

Tough to know as most that I have worked with come with nothing. However one VA guy was a fighter pilot and used his VA benefits to go through school, so that tells me at one point you could. Changes may have had an impact on this but if you were to contact Silverhawk Aviation Academy in Caldwell and ask for Alyshia she would be able to directly answer that question. This is the school the pilot I mentioned attended and taught at. His name is Bill incase you need to reference a past student that had a similar situation.
  • DiverB likes this
Sometimes we think we know it all....only later to discover we only knew all we had learned. Never stop learning.

#23 DiverB

DiverB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 19:04

Thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Post 9/11 GI Bill, GI Bill, Changes, Veterans Benefits, VA, Private Pilots License, PPL, Flight Training

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anthelion_VRFTForum200GuidanceVRFTForum200JerryTrimbleArkansas Helicopters VR FT200VOLO_VRFT200Precision_FTForum200Hillsboro2014_200VRFTRorum702HeliVRFT200UNDVRFTForum200