176 replies to this topic

#21 Schroedb87

Schroedb87

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 13:10

What kind of certs did you include? If you don't mind me asking.

I've done a few army schools plus tech school. So Air Assault, Jungle school, Arctic survival, SERE, EMT-b, ALS, ccaf, course15, tech school, etc. Literally anything you think can help you. Maybe not ADLS haha.

#22 GSDinDC

GSDinDC

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 13:47

I've done a few army schools plus tech school. So Air Assault, Jungle school, Arctic survival, SERE, EMT-b, ALS, ccaf, course15, tech school, etc. Literally anything you think can help you. Maybe not ADLS haha.

Wouldn't those schools be captured underneath the military education section of your resume? The checklist called for "professional" certificates. I'm sure including them wouldn't hurt you though... may just be a little redundant.

#23 Schroedb87

Schroedb87

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 22:49

Wouldn't those schools be captured underneath the military education section of your resume? The checklist called for "professional" certificates. I'm sure including them wouldn't hurt you though... may just be a little redundant.

Oh yes, I captured it there as well, just added certificates for proof since there is no other way they would know most of that stuff since the air force doesn't care about jungle school, air assault, etc. Just being thorough.

#24 solidstateftw

solidstateftw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:59

Currently, Army Aviation is under staffed by about 730 pilots, +\-.

Mike-

How does this really translate to selection rates though? A review of the past Milpers indicate an average of 45 pilots picked up per board, regardless of the number of applicants.

That being said, it will be interesting how many are picked up on the March board. What do you think?

v/r

Alex

#25 Schroedb87

Schroedb87

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:26

You said 45 or so get selected, does it say how many usually apply. Looking for a generic selection rate.

#26 StockTrader

StockTrader

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Interests:Trucks, Baseball, Helicopters
  • Company working for:WO1, US Army

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:16

You said 45 or so get selected, does it say how many usually apply. Looking for a generic selection rate.

Its always a complete toss up. My board only had 11 selected out of 31. Given the recent trends though, I would expect it to be fairly high. I think we've seen 50 out of 51 not too long ago if I remember correctly.

#27 Dmurray

Dmurray

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Boards, Slow Subarus
  • Company working for:United States Army

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:20

Its always a complete toss up. My board only had 11 selected out of 31. Given the recent trends though, I would expect it to be fairly high. I think we've seen 50 out of 51 not too long ago if I remember correctly.

The July 2016 board was 50 out of 51. That was my board.

#28 rogue88status

rogue88status

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 14:51

Hello all, my question is geared to the AF folks, as I to am AF. I have my 368 in hand signed what do I need to do with it on my end with the air force?

I have 5 Letters of Recommendation, MEPs tomorrow 24 March 17, the battalion board VTC next week, SIFT test next week, and start my flight physical in April. that being said I should be good to go for the July board, and package submission in May. but what do I need to do with my 368? and what does it intel? once I send it to AFPC will I for sure separate the AF even if I'm not selected? just want to make sure I am not setting my family up do disaster in a worst case scenario. thanks gets and good luck at the board.

#29 blue2green

blue2green

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 13:27

My husband will *hopefully, finally* be on the May board as well! How long did it take you all to get your flight physicals approved after they got sent to Fort Rucker? I've heard as short as a couple of weeks to as long as 90 days. Thanks!! 

His stats: 

Military Experience: AD Navy 2 years in May. 

Civilan Education: Incomplete Aerospace Engineering Degree with 3.56 GPA

APFT: 300

SIFT: 80

ASVAB: 95

LOR: 

CW4 (retired CW4 pilot)

CW3 (retired CW Pilot, now flies for Southwest)

LT (O3 Assistant Air Officer in charge of my husband's division)

CDR (O-5, 16 years as Naval Flight Officer)

LCDR (O-4, Operations Officer in USN) 

Flight Physical: Approved at Ft Irwin but waiting for Ruckers final stamp. Praying for a miracle here, as this is our last step!!!

• debo2305 likes this

#30 Schroedb87

Schroedb87

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:43

Hello all, my question is geared to the AF folks, as I to am AF. I have my 368 in hand signed what do I need to do with it on my end with the air force?
I have 5 Letters of Recommendation, MEPs tomorrow 24 March 17, the battalion board VTC next week, SIFT test next week, and start my flight physical in April. that being said I should be good to go for the July board, and package submission in May. but what do I need to do with my 368? and what does it intel? once I send it to AFPC will I for sure separate the AF even if I'm not selected? just want to make sure I am not setting my family up do disaster in a worst case scenario. thanks gets and good luck at the board.

Upload the 368 and the Letter of Interest to vMPF under voluntary separations. Choose officer training program and set the date for 6 months from the day you are uploading (should cover a few months past the board so you have time to know if you are selected. Once done, this will go to base separations and forwarded to your functional for approval. I am in a critically manned career field and was approved so I'm sure you will be approved if you aren't in one. Took about 10 days and got an email from AFPC, which I included in my packet with my 368.

#31 debo2305

debo2305

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:54

Hello all,

Long time lingerer on the forums, hoping my physical comes back from Rucker in time for the May deadline.  Here are some of my stats:

Military Experience:  AD Navy 6 years (E-5)

College:  54 Credits into an associate degree 4.0 GPA

SIFT:  70

GT:  111

APFT:  280

LOR:  LT, CPT (O-6), CW5 and LTC (both aviators)

Good luck to everyone.

#32 blue2green

blue2green

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:33

Hello all,

Long time lingerer on the forums, hoping my physical comes back from Rucker in time for the May deadline.  Here are some of my stats:

Military Experience:  AD Navy 6 years (E-5)

College:  54 Credits into an associate degree 4.0 GPA

SIFT:  70

GT:  111

APFT:  280

LOR:  LT, CPT (O-6), CW5 and LTC (both aviators)

Good luck to everyone.

We just got my husbands physical back!! So hopefully yours will come quickly too. He is Navy as well, so when you both make it you can talk about how much better the Army is. ;) 

#33 debo2305

debo2305

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:40

We just got my husbands physical back!! So hopefully yours will come quickly too. He is Navy as well, so when you both make it you can talk about how much better the Army is. ;)

Hahah, sounds like a plan! Glad to hear he got the physical back so soon. His stats look great in my opinion, you guys should start packing.

#34 R0CKPILE

R0CKPILE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 14:36

Degree: Yavapai College Associates in applied science/ Aviation Technology complete.
GT: 121

SIFT: Not taken

AFPT: Not taken (looking at about a 250)
Flight Physical: Not taken (No health issues, 20/20 vision, ears are good)
Flight Time: CFI/CFI-I: 206 hrs R44

Military: 5 years USMC
LORs: (Still waiting on receiving all of these back… Waiting on people is almost as bad as waiting to be selected)
Capt – CH-46 Naval pilot – Current employer COO

Capt – Army grunt officer – Current employer Plant manager

Capt – Marine communications officer – Flight instructor from private through my commercial license.

GySgt – Former SNCO of my shop in the Marines

About me:

I spent 5 years in the Marines as an Avionics Technician, got out to get my pilots license and fly helicopters, and now I’ve decided that I want to go back in to fly for the Army as a warrant. I’m not too worried about the SIFT as I test well and already have a bit of knowledge on the subject (I’ll still probably study my ass off tho), but I need to keep doing sit ups and running to get that PFT score up. GOOD LUCK Y’ALL! 

#35 stearmann4

stearmann4

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 18:03

My husband will *hopefully, finally* be on the May board as well! How long did it take you all to get your flight physicals approved after they got sent to Fort Rucker? I've heard as short as a couple of weeks to as long as 90 days. Thanks!! 

His stats: 

Military Experience: AD Navy 2 years in May. 

Civilan Education: Incomplete Aerospace Engineering Degree with 3.56 GPA

APFT: 300

SIFT: 80

ASVAB: 95

LOR: 

CW4 (retired CW4 pilot)

CW3 (retired CW Pilot, now flies for Southwest)

LT (O3 Assistant Air Officer in charge of my husband's division)

CDR (O-5, 16 years as Naval Flight Officer)

LCDR (O-4, Operations Officer in USN) 

Flight Physical: Approved at Ft Irwin but waiting for Ruckers final stamp. Praying for a miracle here, as this is our last step!!!

I know this is way late, but I was reviewing some sample information for a future board. Your husband is an -in-service applicant, so the only LORs required (and allowed) are in Navy speak, one from his department head, one from his squadron/ship C.O., and one from an Army Aviator. With that many LORs, the potential exists that none will get a good look. 

Mike-

• wheelsup likes this

#36 wheelsup

wheelsup

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 22:50

Welp I'll post my stats up in the May board. FQ-NS in March, got promoted to E5 since then and updated pretty much my whole packet. I'll get it this time :)

Degree: none 39 credits
GT: 119
SIFT: 60
AFPT: 262
Flight Physical: Stamped only with ETP
Flight Time: None
Military: AD Army 3 years - E5
LORs: Co and Bn commanders, 2 CW4s. All aviators

Less than a month left already and I can't wait
  • Dmurray likes this

#37 Insights_STG

Insights_STG

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 00:10

All of you look great. If any of you have any questions feel free to pm me. I'd be happy to help you out.

#38 lrob625

lrob625

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 16:41

Related question here:

3 years in the Army

E-4 CPL

Currently in BLC

Spotless record of service

No profiles; 111111 PULHES

Haven't taken the SIFT yet

BUT I got a public intox charge back in 2013. This is the only thing that I'm worried about. I paid the fine and don't have any other charges or tickets or anything. Do I have good odds of getting a waiver?

• CG.Mech likes this

#39 blue2green

blue2green

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 21:17

I know this is way late, but I was reviewing some sample information for a future board. Your husband is an -in-service applicant, so the only LORs required (and allowed) are in Navy speak, one from his department head, one from his squadron/ship C.O., and one from an Army Aviator. With that many LORs, the potential exists that none will get a good look. 

Mike-

Just seeing this!! He went to battalion board and the civilian in charge there didn't say anything, so hopefully it'll be okay. Everything is submitted and board ready! I can't even stand the waiting!! My husband gets back the 17th, just in time to wait a couple days yet for the verdict. ;) Any idea when they typically find out? I thought I read within 72 hours after?

#40 Butters327

Butters327

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 20:10

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums as well and have a quick question.  How long did it take for your Medical read to come back?  

I've been working with a recruiter to get a WOFT packet started.  The problem I'm having is I've been waiting to hear back on my medical read so I can go to MEPS for my physical and ASVAB (yes, I know I have a ways to go before I can get to a selection board) for almost two months now.  When I contact my recruiter he still hasn't heard anything back.  I'm not sure if my recruiter is being honest in not hearing anything back or if I should stop wasting my time and go find another recruiter and start over?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: May 2017, WOFT, Selection

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ColoradoHeliOpsHome200DevoreHome200Helmet FX Home 200MaunaLoaVRHome200Able_VRHOme200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMidwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016Genesys VR Forum 200PrecisionVRForumHome200NFCVRForum200Home