May 2017 WOFT Board

You said 45 or so get selected, does it say how many usually apply. Looking for a generic selection rate.

Its always a complete toss up. My board only had 11 selected out of 31. Given the recent trends though, I would expect it to be fairly high. I think we've seen 50 out of 51 not too long ago if I remember correctly.

Its always a complete toss up. My board only had 11 selected out of 31. Given the recent trends though, I would expect it to be fairly high. I think we've seen 50 out of 51 not too long ago if I remember correctly.

The July 2016 board was 50 out of 51. That was my board.

Hello all, my question is geared to the AF folks, as I to am AF. I have my 368 in hand signed what do I need to do with it on my end with the air force?

I have 5 Letters of Recommendation, MEPs tomorrow 24 March 17, the battalion board VTC next week, SIFT test next week, and start my flight physical in April. that being said I should be good to go for the July board, and package submission in May. but what do I need to do with my 368? and what does it intel? once I send it to AFPC will I for sure separate the AF even if I'm not selected? just want to make sure I am not setting my family up do disaster in a worst case scenario. thanks gets and good luck at the board.

My husband will *hopefully, finally* be on the May board as well! How long did it take you all to get your flight physicals approved after they got sent to Fort Rucker? I've heard as short as a couple of weeks to as long as 90 days. Thanks!!

His stats:

Military Experience: AD Navy 2 years in May.

Civilan Education: Incomplete Aerospace Engineering Degree with 3.56 GPA

APFT: 300

SIFT: 80

ASVAB: 95

LOR:

CW4 (retired CW4 pilot)

CW3 (retired CW Pilot, now flies for Southwest)

LT (O3 Assistant Air Officer in charge of my husband's division)

CDR (O-5, 16 years as Naval Flight Officer)

LCDR (O-4, Operations Officer in USN)

Flight Physical: Approved at Ft Irwin but waiting for Ruckers final stamp. Praying for a miracle here, as this is our last step!!!

• Like 1

Hello all, my question is geared to the AF folks, as I to am AF. I have my 368 in hand signed what do I need to do with it on my end with the air force?

I have 5 Letters of Recommendation, MEPs tomorrow 24 March 17, the battalion board VTC next week, SIFT test next week, and start my flight physical in April. that being said I should be good to go for the July board, and package submission in May. but what do I need to do with my 368? and what does it intel? once I send it to AFPC will I for sure separate the AF even if I'm not selected? just want to make sure I am not setting my family up do disaster in a worst case scenario. thanks gets and good luck at the board.

Upload the 368 and the Letter of Interest to vMPF under voluntary separations. Choose officer training program and set the date for 6 months from the day you are uploading (should cover a few months past the board so you have time to know if you are selected. Once done, this will go to base separations and forwarded to your functional for approval. I am in a critically manned career field and was approved so I'm sure you will be approved if you aren't in one. Took about 10 days and got an email from AFPC, which I included in my packet with my 368.

Hello all,

Long time lingerer on the forums, hoping my physical comes back from Rucker in time for the May deadline. Here are some of my stats:

Military Experience: AD Navy 6 years (E-5)

College: 54 Credits into an associate degree 4.0 GPA

SIFT: 70

GT: 111

APFT: 280

LOR: LT, CPT (O-6), CW5 and LTC (both aviators)

Good luck to everyone.

Hello all,

Long time lingerer on the forums, hoping my physical comes back from Rucker in time for the May deadline. Here are some of my stats:

Military Experience: AD Navy 6 years (E-5)

College: 54 Credits into an associate degree 4.0 GPA

SIFT: 70

GT: 111

APFT: 280

LOR: LT, CPT (O-6), CW5 and LTC (both aviators)

Good luck to everyone.

We just got my husbands physical back!! So hopefully yours will come quickly too. He is Navy as well, so when you both make it you can talk about how much better the Army is. ;)

We just got my husbands physical back!! So hopefully yours will come quickly too. He is Navy as well, so when you both make it you can talk about how much better the Army is. ;)

Hahah, sounds like a plan! Glad to hear he got the physical back so soon. His stats look great in my opinion, you guys should start packing.

• 4 weeks later...

Degree: Yavapai College Associates in applied science/ Aviation Technology complete.
GT: 121

SIFT: Not taken

AFPT: Not taken (looking at about a 250)
Flight Physical: Not taken (No health issues, 20/20 vision, ears are good)
Flight Time: CFI/CFI-I: 206 hrs R44

Military: 5 years USMC
LORs: (Still waiting on receiving all of these back… Waiting on people is almost as bad as waiting to be selected)
Capt – CH-46 Naval pilot – Current employer COO

Capt – Army grunt officer – Current employer Plant manager

Capt – Marine communications officer – Flight instructor from private through my commercial license.

GySgt – Former SNCO of my shop in the Marines

About me:

I spent 5 years in the Marines as an Avionics Technician, got out to get my pilots license and fly helicopters, and now I’ve decided that I want to go back in to fly for the Army as a warrant. I’m not too worried about the SIFT as I test well and already have a bit of knowledge on the subject (I’ll still probably study my ass off tho), but I need to keep doing sit ups and running to get that PFT score up. GOOD LUCK Y’ALL!

My husband will *hopefully, finally* be on the May board as well! How long did it take you all to get your flight physicals approved after they got sent to Fort Rucker? I've heard as short as a couple of weeks to as long as 90 days. Thanks!!

His stats:

Military Experience: AD Navy 2 years in May.

Civilan Education: Incomplete Aerospace Engineering Degree with 3.56 GPA

APFT: 300

SIFT: 80

ASVAB: 95

LOR:

CW4 (retired CW4 pilot)

CW3 (retired CW Pilot, now flies for Southwest)

LT (O3 Assistant Air Officer in charge of my husband's division)

CDR (O-5, 16 years as Naval Flight Officer)

LCDR (O-4, Operations Officer in USN)

Flight Physical: Approved at Ft Irwin but waiting for Ruckers final stamp. Praying for a miracle here, as this is our last step!!!

I know this is way late, but I was reviewing some sample information for a future board. Your husband is an -in-service applicant, so the only LORs required (and allowed) are in Navy speak, one from his department head, one from his squadron/ship C.O., and one from an Army Aviator. With that many LORs, the potential exists that none will get a good look.

Mike-

• Like 1

Welp I'll post my stats up in the May board. FQ-NS in March, got promoted to E5 since then and updated pretty much my whole packet. I'll get it this time :)

Degree: none 39 credits

GT: 119

SIFT: 60

AFPT: 262

Flight Physical: Stamped only with ETP

Flight Time: None

Military: AD Army 3 years - E5

LORs: Co and Bn commanders, 2 CW4s. All aviators

Less than a month left already and I can't wait

• Like 1

Related question here:

3 years in the Army

E-4 CPL

Currently in BLC

Spotless record of service

No profiles; 111111 PULHES

Haven't taken the SIFT yet

BUT I got a public intox charge back in 2013. This is the only thing that I'm worried about. I paid the fine and don't have any other charges or tickets or anything. Do I have good odds of getting a waiver?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is way late, but I was reviewing some sample information for a future board. Your husband is an -in-service applicant, so the only LORs required (and allowed) are in Navy speak, one from his department head, one from his squadron/ship C.O., and one from an Army Aviator. With that many LORs, the potential exists that none will get a good look.

Mike-

Just seeing this!! He went to battalion board and the civilian in charge there didn't say anything, so hopefully it'll be okay. Everything is submitted and board ready! I can't even stand the waiting!! My husband gets back the 17th, just in time to wait a couple days yet for the verdict. ;) Any idea when they typically find out? I thought I read within 72 hours after?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums as well and have a quick question. How long did it take for your Medical read to come back?

I've been working with a recruiter to get a WOFT packet started. The problem I'm having is I've been waiting to hear back on my medical read so I can go to MEPS for my physical and ASVAB (yes, I know I have a ways to go before I can get to a selection board) for almost two months now. When I contact my recruiter he still hasn't heard anything back. I'm not sure if my recruiter is being honest in not hearing anything back or if I should stop wasting my time and go find another recruiter and start over?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums as well and have a quick question. How long did it take for your Medical read to come back?

I've been working with a recruiter to get a WOFT packet started. The problem I'm having is I've been waiting to hear back on my medical read so I can go to MEPS for my physical and ASVAB (yes, I know I have a ways to go before I can get to a selection board) for almost two months now. When I contact my recruiter he still hasn't heard anything back. I'm not sure if my recruiter is being honest in not hearing anything back or if I should stop wasting my time and go find another recruiter and start over?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Med reads are different for every MEPS, it is also depending on the stack of med reads they have to go through. Also if there was any discrepcy with your med read like incorrect numbered pages or something stupid like that it is sent back for corrections and then placed back at the bottom of list. The MEPS I have delt with in the past were ridiculous when it came to med reads and waivers. Just stay persistent and keep bugging your recruiter, not too much they can do but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Med reads are different for every MEPS, it is also depending on the stack of med reads they have to go through. Also if there was any discrepcy with your med read like incorrect numbered pages or something stupid like that it is sent back for corrections and then placed back at the bottom of list. The MEPS I have delt with in the past were ridiculous when it came to med reads and waivers. Just stay persistent and keep bugging your recruiter, not too much they can do but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I figured that was probably the case I just wanted to make sure before I made any decisions to change recruiters. I'm located in Arizona so the Phoenix MEPS is the one I'm having to deal with...

Thank you for the info I appreciate it!

Got the call, was picked up. Bittersweet because I may not accept it and it's been over a year process. Good luck to all!

Does anyone have any insight into when the next 7 week class is? I don't need BCT but I had heard January for the next 7 week WOC, which seems a little crazy.

Guys,

Just got my packet back from final review(my recommender is in Korea and I am in Maryland) and will submit for the July board. I think I have a good chance according to the last 2 boards(over 60% have been selected). I am 26yo, 126 GT, 52 SIFT (wish I could take it again!!), 27 credits (currently in school for my private pilot license, 6 more credits) and I will have over 20 flight as pilot in command by July. LOR from CW5, CC and BC, I can get a few more form pilots from my previous unit but the LOR from the CW5 is pretty strong and I don't really see the need for it. Should I go for more? the only thing affecting the packet is my PT score as I went down 19 points from the previous one (271 to 252) but I can will just retake it and update before the board. Hopefully I make it, its been a year since I started working on it. I cant wait till July!!

I'm not sure I understand. Were you originally saying that you weren't going to accept for some reason? Why wouldn't you accept aside from the fact that it has taken so long?

When I originally was applying I was still a ways out from finishing school, I'm hearing the next 7 week WOCS class won't be until Jan time frame. At that point Ill be leaving 4 months before I have my degree, and its not an online program. Im not saying Im not appreciative and this hasn't been a dream, Im just saying Im trying to make the best decision for me.