May 2017 WOFT Board

I know a few people that are shipping the end of September for BCT through December, and will be sitting idle most of December waiting on the 7 week January WOCS class to start. Sounds like you are shipping late October or early November and will have only a few days between finishing basic and starting WOCS.

I personally feel that your ship date is pretty good considering I'm going to probably be mopping floors for a month waiting for WOCS to start. But regardless, I'll be seeing your there in January!

I know a few people that are shipping the end of September for BCT through December, and will be sitting idle most of December waiting on the 7 week January WOCS class to start. Sounds like you are shipping late October or early November and will have only a few days between finishing basic and starting WOCS.

I personally feel that your ship date is pretty good considering I'm going to probably be mopping floors for a month waiting for WOCS to start. But regardless, I'll be seeing your there in January!

Hahaha, there's only so many floors that can be mopped.

It's definitely a good thing to get here early and have plenty of time to get everything prepared, stuff stenciled, and uniforms DX'd rather than be rushed the days leading up to class. Will also give you a chance to read the WOCSOP a time or two before class begins.

• Like 1

Hahaha, there's only so many floors that can be mopped.

It's definitely a good thing to get here early and have plenty of time to get everything prepared, stuff stenciled, and uniforms DX'd rather than be rushed the days leading up to class. Will also give you a chance to read the WOCSOP a time or two before class begins.

Dont forget moving furniture from one building to another for no reason.

• Like 2

Just got my Report Date for WOCS, April 5th 2018 for Phase one. Class 011 if anybody else on here is slotted for the same time frame let me know! Pretty excited to leave, not excited to wait this long.

I got the same class date brother, see you there!

I recommend somebody start a closed facebook page for that class 18-11. There will also be a Milsuite page up eventually for people to communicate on. The TAC officers will post occasionally on the Milsuite but may even join the Facebook page to disseminate information. Good way to start getting to know people who are going to be in your class and discussing things like mascot, mottos, etc...

Got 3 emails last night.

Warrant Officer Candidate, class 008, phase one. Report Date: Feb 22nd 2018, End March 12th.
Warrant Officer Candidate, class 008, phase two. Report Date: March 12th 2018, End April 11th.

Assuming the above is WOCS...?

Aviation WOBC (Common Core) (Part A), Class 014, Report date April 22nd, 2018, End May 11th.

And this, I'm assuming is the start of initial flight training? Ground school?

I'm not in the Army so the website the links in the email take me too, and all this is very foreign to me. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm looking at. Glad I have some solid dates right here in front of me! However, that doesn't answer when I ship for BCT and that's before any of this. . . So I'm still trying to figure out how I'll know when BCT is and when I'll receive orders.

Now that I have this initial email, I may give HRC a call. Hopefully they can help me out.

The countdown begins!

Got 3 emails last night.

Warrant Officer Candidate, class 008, phase one. Report Date: Feb 22nd 2018, End March 12th.

Warrant Officer Candidate, class 008, phase two. Report Date: March 12th 2018, End April 11th.

Assuming the above is WOCS...?

Aviation WOBC (Common Core) (Part A), Class 014, Report date April 22nd, 2018, End May 11th.

And this, I'm assuming is the start of initial flight training? Ground school?

I'm not in the Army so the website the links in the email take me too, and all this is very foreign to me. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm looking at. Glad I have some solid dates right here in front of me! However, that doesn't answer when I ship for BCT and that's before any of this. . . So I'm still trying to figure out how I'll know when BCT is and when I'll receive orders.

Now that I have this initial email, I may give HRC a call. Hopefully they can help me out.

The countdown begins!

So your WOCS runs Feb 22 to Apr 11. WOBC is the first three weeks of vehicle ID/9mm range/doctrine stuff. Then dunker and sere. You get slotted for dunker and SERE once you arrive at B Co.

• Like 2

So your WOCS runs Feb 22 to Apr 11. WOBC is the first three weeks of vehicle ID/9mm range/doctrine stuff. Then dunker and sere. You get slotted for dunker and SERE once you arrive at B Co.

Question, as an AD USAF who doesn't need BCT, phase 1, or SERE, would I just show up for phase 2 than follow on to B Co for the dunker? If so, what's the next step, just right into flight training?

Question, as an AD USAF who doesn't need BCT, phase 1, or SERE, would I just show up for phase 2 than follow on to B Co for the dunker? If so, what's the next step, just right into flight training?

You got some serious strings pulled to skip all that it sounds like. We just had 2 AD USAF E7s that had to go through BCT and then the full 7 week (phase 1 and 2) of WOCS.

For your situation though, you'll get here to Fort Rucker, get your initial issue and in-processing. Get complete the 5 week WOCS then follow onto B Co where they'll set your schedule regarding WOBC, dunker, and beginning primary. Stock Trader on here can speak more to the B Co side of things

If you dont need phase 1, you will be in a 5 week class. Definitely verify this. As a SERE bypass you will do WOBC, Dunker, and then jump right into flight training. You will probably move through very quickly. Make sure you have the certificate proving you completed SERE high risk/level C. No certificate and you will be doing it again.

• Like 1

You got some serious strings pulled to skip all that it sounds like. We just had 2 AD USAF E7s that had to go through BCT and then the full 7 week (phase 1 and 2) of WOCS.

Still waiting to find out but so far from the website and words passed from two guys that have went through from my AFSC withing the last year or two, I should be able to skip SERE (thankfully kept that certificate) since we go there right out of tech school, and get to skip BCT since we happen to be one of the USAF careerfields that get to bypass it.

As for phase one, I am still 50/50. A guy I'm talking to currently going through said it should be an option to bypass it with me completing NCOA/Course 15 (required to make E7 in the Air Force) but I'm still looking for further confirmation. He mentioned he chose to go through it but I guess they told him he could have skipped it if he spoke up about his training and just went to phase 2. I will definitely verify all of this of course but appreciate the help you guys have given.

StockTrader and MuffinMan, thanks for mentioning getting an initial issue. That was one of my questions if I needed to go out and buy a couple new OCP's, didn't think I needed to but was prepared to do so if needed.

StockTrader, I really appreciate you clearing that all up for me. Thank you so much.

Do you know how I will figure out when BCT is? Will I get another email? Or will the Army send me orders to this without any action on my part? Sister service here, and my command is relying on me for information regarding Army orders etc... I feel as though I need to call HRC to figure out the immediate path ahead (to BCT) now that I have my initial class dates for Rucker.

Any insight or guidance regarding information about BCT would be appreciated if you could provide any. Otherwise I'll be seeking out points of contact in HRC to call some time next week.

Again, thank you for clarifying that last post of mine!!!

StockTrader, I really appreciate you clearing that all up for me. Thank you so much.

Do you know how I will figure out when BCT is? Will I get another email? Or will the Army send me orders to this without any action on my part? Sister service here, and my command is relying on me for information regarding Army orders etc... I feel as though I need to call HRC to figure out the immediate path ahead (to BCT) now that I have my initial class dates for Rucker.

Any insight or guidance regarding information about BCT would be appreciated if you could provide any. Otherwise I'll be seeking out points of contact in HRC to call some time next week.

Again, thank you for clarifying that last post of mine!!!

Unfortunately I am in the dark on that since they implemented the new 5 week BCT courses for prior service. I have no clue how they are handling that.