256 replies to this topic

#121 Matt1994!

Matt1994!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:WOFT selected may 16 2017

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:44

I was selected on this board as a civilian, but I don't ship out till November. Does anyone know the likely hood of getting a sucessful renegotiation to go earlier?

WOFT selected May/16/2017

#122 StockTrader

StockTrader

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:Trucks, Baseball, Helicopters
  • Company working for:CW2, US Army, 64 Driver

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:38

Which WOCS class are you slotted for?
  • Matt1994! likes this

#123 flanker

flanker

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 17:39

I was selected on this board as a civilian, but I don't ship out till November. Does anyone know the likely hood of getting a sucessful renegotiation to go earlier?

enjoy the last few months of freedom while you can.

• krustchinsky likes this

#124 wheelsup

wheelsup

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 18:53

It's all based on when they can slot you for the 7 week course, which the next available one is in January... you finish basic and head straight to WOCS. This happened to a couple of folks on here recently 

• MuffinMan likes this

#125 MuffinMan

MuffinMan

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:04

Yeah that would be great if that was possible... but unfortunately that's not gonna happen. As wheelsup mention, the next 7 week class in not until January. Depending on when you ship in November, you might not even get slated for that class since you'll have HBL to deal with also. It's gonna be cutting it close I imagine.

#126 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:34

I know a few people that are shipping the end of September for BCT through December, and will be sitting idle most of December waiting on the 7 week January WOCS class to start. Sounds like you are shipping late October or early November and will have only a few days between finishing basic and starting WOCS.

I personally feel that your ship date is pretty good considering I'm going to probably be mopping floors for a month waiting for WOCS to start. But regardless, I'll be seeing your there in January!

Civilian, selected March 2017.

#127 MuffinMan

MuffinMan

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:53

I know a few people that are shipping the end of September for BCT through December, and will be sitting idle most of December waiting on the 7 week January WOCS class to start. Sounds like you are shipping late October or early November and will have only a few days between finishing basic and starting WOCS.

I personally feel that your ship date is pretty good considering I'm going to probably be mopping floors for a month waiting for WOCS to start. But regardless, I'll be seeing your there in January!

Hahaha, there's only so many floors that can be mopped.

It's definitely a good thing to get here early and have plenty of time to get everything prepared, stuff stenciled, and uniforms DX'd rather than be rushed the days leading up to class. Will also give you a chance to read the WOCSOP a time or two before class begins.  

• krustchinsky likes this

#128 StockTrader

StockTrader

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:Trucks, Baseball, Helicopters
  • Company working for:CW2, US Army, 64 Driver

Posted 13 June 2017 - 13:22

Hahaha, there's only so many floors that can be mopped.

It's definitely a good thing to get here early and have plenty of time to get everything prepared, stuff stenciled, and uniforms DX'd rather than be rushed the days leading up to class. Will also give you a chance to read the WOCSOP a time or two before class begins.  

Dont forget moving furniture from one building to another for no reason.
  • krustchinsky and MuffinMan like this

#129 MuffinMan

MuffinMan

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 13:44

Dont forget moving furniture from one building to another for no reason.

We did just finish painting the inside of one of the TAC alley bldgs as well last week....good times to be had here...

#130 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:57

Sounds like all the stuff I am currently doing working maintenance well waiting to ship out in September :P
  • MuffinMan likes this

#131 Tanner37

Tanner37

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Animal Medicine

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:50

Just got my Report Date for WOCS, April 5th 2018 for Phase one.  Class 011 if anybody else on here is slotted for the same time frame let me know!  Pretty excited to leave, not excited to wait this long.

#132 MuffinMan

MuffinMan

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:00

Just got my Report Date for WOCS, April 5th 2018 for Phase one.  Class 011 if anybody else on here is slotted for the same time frame let me know!  Pretty excited to leave, not excited to wait this long.

That will be for the 7 week course correct?

#133 Tanner37

Tanner37

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:02

Correct

• MuffinMan likes this

#134 Schroedb87

Schroedb87

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:53

Are you active duty or civilian? Just seeing if that matters. I'm AD USAF and still waiting for my class date. Congrats btw!

#135 Tanner37

Tanner37

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:57

I'm AD Army, And thanks!

#136 J4C

J4C

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:34

I'm AD USAF and still waiting for my class date. Congrats btw!

I'm USAF too, how'd you go about knocking out your apft?

#137 Schroedb87

Schroedb87

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:11

Actually deployed right now so I just walked up to the first army guy I saw and asked for an E7 haha. I thought as a TACP that the one from my unit would suffice but they made me redo it.

#138 Norton545

Norton545

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:46

I got the same class date brother, see you there!

#139 MuffinMan

MuffinMan

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 13:16

I got the same class date brother, see you there!

I recommend somebody start a closed facebook page for that class 18-11. There will also be a Milsuite page up eventually for people to communicate on. The TAC officers will post occasionally on the Milsuite but may even join the Facebook page to disseminate information. Good way to start getting to know people who are going to be in your class and discussing things like mascot, mottos, etc... 

#140 CG.Mech

CG.Mech

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, helicopters, military, Coast Guard, Vintage Aircraft,
  • Company working for:A/D USCG, AMT3 (MH-65D) (Miami, FL)

Posted 15 June 2017 - 15:47

Got 3 emails last night. 

Warrant Officer Candidate, class 008, phase one. Report Date: Feb 22nd 2018, End March 12th. 
Warrant Officer Candidate, class 008, phase two. Report Date: March 12th 2018, End April 11th. 

Assuming the above is WOCS...? 

Aviation WOBC (Common Core) (Part A), Class 014, Report date April 22nd, 2018, End May 11th. 

And this, I'm assuming is the start of initial flight training? Ground school? 

I'm not in the Army so the website the links in the email take me too, and all this is very foreign to me. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm looking at. Glad I have some solid dates right here in front of me! However, that doesn't answer when I ship for BCT and that's before any of this. . . So I'm still trying to figure out how I'll know when BCT is and when I'll receive orders.

Now that I have this initial email, I may give HRC a call. Hopefully they can help me out. 

The countdown begins!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: May 2017, WOFT, Selection

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Genesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeColoradoHeliOpsHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200Spectrum_VRHome200NFCVRForum200Home