May 2017 WOFT Board

They (HRC) are actually trying to add a new 5 week course for October 3rd to accommodate the influx of candidates. It is still up for approval at this point though.

The class they are considering adding is a 7 week course. They have plenty of 5 week courses and the current class in house that will start on Monday only has a approx 50 candidates with a max number per class of 95. For each fiscal year they only schedule four 7 week classes and for FY18 they don't have a 7 week class scheduled in the first quarter. They might, also be trying to get another 5 week trap class added but if they are, I haven't heard about it here yet.

• Like 1

The class they are considering adding is a 7 week course. They have plenty of 5 week courses and the current class in house that will start on Monday only has a approx 50 candidates with a max number per class of 95. For each fiscal year they only schedule four 7 week classes and for FY18 they don't have a 7 week class scheduled in the first quarter. They might, also be trying to get another 5 week trap class added but if they are, I haven't heard about it here yet.

Muffinman, thanks for the heads up that you haven't heard anything. I'm not sure of the process and don't pretend to, but the 5 week class that I am referring to is a class that the Accessions representative at HRC emailed me about. I don't want to name drop, but she is the same person emailing these 7 week folks about a possible date at the end of October. She emailed me saying that there was another 5 week course that they were trying to add and the date would be the 3rd of October. I'm not sure of the validity of this, it's just what I was told. The fact you haven't heard about it makes me believe it is in an infancy stage at HRC and I will be waiting a while for orders. Lol. Thanks, again for the insight. I hope that means I can have am even earlier date! Haha

• Like 1

As of my latest email from HRC, I'm confirmed for WOCS class 18-502 convening on 16 OCT 2017. Anybody else here on the forum going to the same one?

• Like 1

That's good news they created that class. Confirm this is the start date for phase 1 correct? Unfortunately I don't think that date will work with my current deployment but maybe I'll see ya'll in WOFT or elsewhere. Going to try and request first thing 2018, whatever is available.

On another note, anyone here married that will be bringing their family/spouse? I've been told to try and stay on base, especially when you start flying based on travel time and flying schedule.

For those who aren't married or bringing family, is it possible to stay on base, whether it's Housing or Barracks or do they push those guys off base?

As of my latest email from HRC, I'm confirmed for WOCS class 18-502 convening on 16 OCT 2017. Anybody else here on the forum going to the same one?

I'll get back to you, I let HRC know I was available to attend. It's just a matter of checking my email at work lol

Received an email from HRC regarding the 7 Week WOCS in October. The confirmed class dates are October 30th- December 20th with a report date 10 days prior. According to HRC the class isn't in ATRRS yet, so I hope to see course reservation emails within the next couple of weeks. All this info is coming from the Warrant Officer Program Manager at HRC.

No BCT date yet, however I have received my instructions for enlistment into the Army and have contacted a local recruiter to begin processing, and schedule my BCT date. Meeting with her on Wednesday.

Congrats to everyone selected!

I'm also going to the 7 week course and I'm in the Army going as a Prior Service. I was told the Army will pretty much follow last years ATRRS schedule for flight school start dates.(This thread pertaining to the Phase one 7 week course folks). How is everyone getting information I' curious I'm in the NG so I'm sort of lost about when this October date stuff is happening. From what I saw on ATRRS from last year its Oct 12, but it seems everything is tentative right now! I'd like to get a date to know my next move since I'm a part timer. Anyone with solid info on the next Phase one start date let me know please and thanks!

I'll be in that one. Enjoy the freedom now is all people are telling me now lol. I'm excited as ever! Biggest thing stay in shape and if not get in shape now!

Received an email from HRC regarding the 7 Week WOCS in October. The confirmed class dates are October 30th- December 20th with a report date 10 days prior. According to HRC the class isn't in ATRRS yet, so I hope to see course reservation emails within the next couple of weeks. All this info is coming from the Warrant Officer Program Manager at HRC.

As a street to seat selectee I wonder if its possible to renegotiotate into the october 7 week wocs course instead of waiting for February.

I won't be able to attend the October WOCS class, so there is one extra spot for somebody else! I'm slotted for the Feb 2018 WOCS class, see some of you then! Still working on getting a PSBCT date..

Bro! I can't attend the Oct either and trying to get that same class. When did you get notified and did you have to change it to the Feb or was that their first option for you?

Ugh, I know they are busting their ass but I can't wait to nail down this schedule. Still waiting on my first email.

Bro! I can't attend the Oct either and trying to get that same class. When did you get notified and did you have to change it to the Feb or was that their first option for you?

Ugh, I know they are busting their ass but I can't wait to nail down this schedule. Still waiting on my first email.

Sent you a PM!

So I'm assuming you are all street to seat guys. Is HRC telling you this from just a phone call. I'll be in the October class pretty pumped tbh. Doing it for the guard. Anyone got info on getting licenses after you graduate flight school? I heard of the phpa but what exactly do you get from them?

So I'm assuming you are all street to seat guys. Is HRC telling you this from just a phone call. I'll be in the October class pretty pumped tbh. Doing it for the guard. Anyone got info on getting licenses after you graduate flight school? I heard of the phpa but what exactly do you get from them?

Congrats to everyone selected!

I'm also going to the 7 week course and I'm in the Army going as a Prior Service. I was told the Army will pretty much follow last years ATRRS schedule for flight school start dates.(This thread pertaining to the Phase one 7 week course folks). How is everyone getting information I' curious I'm in the NG so I'm sort of lost about when this October date stuff is happening. From what I saw on ATRRS from last year its Oct 12, but it seems everything is tentative right now! I'd like to get a date to know my next move since I'm a part timer. Anyone with solid info on the next Phase one start date let me know please and thanks!

Hello,

So all the information regarding the October WOCS that I'm getting is coming directly form HRC via email. In one of my other posts I put the actual class dates up, the reason you aren't seeing the class on ATRRS is because they haven't added it in yet. I'm sure once they class gets added to ATRRS there will be some solid info pushed out to everyone.

• Like 1

Hello,

So all the information regarding the October WOCS that I'm getting is coming directly form HRC via email. In one of my other posts I put the actual class dates up, the reason you aren't seeing the class on ATRRS is because they haven't added it in yet. I'm sure once they class gets added to ATRRS there will be some solid info pushed out to everyone.

For sure I'll go back a few threads to see the dates you've posted. And if ATRRS hasn't updated it yet idk how anyone would be enrolled yet. I'll just keep my eyes peeled in the mean time and patiently(impatiently) wait to receive the orders.

Has anyone been enrolled in the new October WOCS yet? I saw it was added to ATRRS and was just curious if anyone has a reservation yet.

I'm street to seat my recruiter is trying to get me in that course.

I'm street to seat my recruiter is trying to get me in that course.

Nice! I just got off the phone with HRC and the lady I talked to said if she was notified that you could attend she would put you in the class. Hopefully your recruiter contacts her!

Just wanted to throw this in here for the Army Active Duty types following this thread. I was selected at the May 2017 Board and just got my dates for WOCS today:

Phase 1 (DL) for FY2017

Phase 2 (Resident) with a report date of 3 October 2017, Class 18-501

Hope this helps anyone who's taking the 5 week course!

• Like 2