debo2305

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 15:33

Hi guys,

For SISTER SERVICE APPLICANTS, I have an update for you:

I just contacted Warrant Officer Accessions HRC about PSBCT (Prior Service Basic Combat Training) which is held in Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. 

She will be sending out our instruction emails within a week, or the next depending on how long it takes her to draft everything up. 

After we get the email, we'll have two weeks to visit with an Army Recruiter who will set everything up based off instructions for them within the email we will be receiving. 

So, within the next two weeks us Sister Service applicants will have PSBCT instructions allowing us to set up our BCT date. 

Hope this update helps alleviate any confusion or uncertainty! 

Awesome bro, thanks for the info.  Still waiting on my initial email for WOCS dates, hopefully it comes soon.

#162 GSDinDC

GSDinDC

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 18:08

When I called HRC, I was looking for a time frame, and she gave me that AND confirmed the part that I had already learned from this board: instructions to go to a recruiter and have them set up your BCT. 

I understand! I was super anxious waiting for that e-mail.
  • CG.Mech likes this

#163 CG.Mech

CG.Mech

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, helicopters, military, Coast Guard, Vintage Aircraft,
  • Company working for:A/D USCG, AMT3 (MH-65D) (Miami, FL)

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:57

Received another email from HRC today;

"This message is for WOC's that will be attending WOCS resident phase 1 and phase 2.  Currently the next class being conducted begins January 2018. There is a possibility a new class will be added in late Oct 2017 for phase 1 followed by phase 2 in early Nov 2017.  This is still pending approval. I have been asked to move everybody currently scheduled in the later classes." to the new class once approved and added to ATRRS."

Anyone here on the list? Exciting that they might be moving everything up. I got some stuff I was hoping to do before then but sooner is better in this case, I think, so I'll make do. 

• wheelsup likes this

#164 GSDinDC

GSDinDC

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:42

I got it too and would like to attend, but it depends on when I graduate basic and when the actual start date of that course is. When I went to MEPS, I was put into the next available PSBCT with an estimated graduation date of 20 Oct. So, if that WOCS class began that following week I would be able to attend. They don't know what the actual start date of the course is so I had to give a "maybe" as my answer. I imagine you'll be in a similar situation.

#165 Tanner37

Tanner37

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Animal Medicine

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:44

I got the same email.  Hoping the new class gets approved.  Its much better than a report date of April 5th 2018.

#166 wheelsup

wheelsup

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:14

I say again...

WHERE ARE MY EMAILS :angry:

• krustchinsky and debo2305 like this

#167 debo2305

debo2305

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:22

I say again...

I'm with you man...

#168 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 19:04

Wait, so ya'll still haven't gotten dates? I bet everyone is refreshing their mail constantly.

• wheelsup likes this

Civilian, selected March 2017.

#169 wheelsup

wheelsup

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:05

Wait, so ya'll still haven't gotten dates? I bet everyone is refreshing their mail constantly.

It's the saddest thing you'll ever witness. I wake up, get out of bed, grab my CAC card, check my email, get angry, leave it open, go on here and see who else besides me got their emails, check my email again, cry, and repeat. 

Every couple of days I go and recheck the MILPER message to make sure I actually was selected.

• krustchinsky and KyleGalloway like this

#170 KyleGalloway

KyleGalloway

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:09

It's the saddest thing you'll ever witness. I wake up, get out of bed, grab my CAC card, check my email, get angry, leave it open, go on here and see who else besides me got their emails, check my email again, cry, and repeat. 

Every couple of days I go and recheck the MILPER message to make sure I actually was selected.

I am right there with you wheelsup. Haha. I keep making sure I was actually selected. I also check my ERB constantly to make sure my AEA code still says "l", which is something to the effect of "pending WOCS school date". There is rumor that they are trying to approve a new class for the beginning of October for those of us going to the 5 week course. Hope that is true and it gets approved...

#171 Tanner37

Tanner37

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:57

I feel so bad for you guys, it took awhile for me to get my initial ATRRS course reservation.  Hopefully you guys get something here pretty soon.  Regarding that new class in October I thought it was a new 7 week course.  I believe there is already a 5 week course scheduled for October. 

#172 KyleGalloway

KyleGalloway

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:27

I feel so bad for you guys, it took awhile for me to get my initial ATRRS course reservation.  Hopefully you guys get something here pretty soon.  Regarding that new class in October I thought it was a new 7 week course.  I believe there is already a 5 week course scheduled for October. 

They (HRC) are actually trying to add a new 5 week course for October 3rd to accommodate the influx of candidates. It is still up for approval at this point though.

#173 Tanner37

Tanner37

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:37

They (HRC) are actually trying to add a new 5 week course for October 3rd to accommodate the influx of candidates. It is still up for approval at this point though.

#174 Tanner37

Tanner37

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:40

Ok I gotcha, I received an email from HRC stating they were in the process of approving a course for those WOC's who were in later resident phase 1 and 2 courses. And I believe it was late October for phase 1 and into early november for phase 2
  • MuffinMan likes this

#175 nannz22m

nannz22m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 23:45

Got that email! Yes. Stoked. Hopefully it works out.

#176 MuffinMan

MuffinMan

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 16:30

The class they are considering adding is a 7 week course. They have plenty of 5 week courses and the current class in house that will start on Monday only has a approx 50 candidates with a max number per class of 95.  For each fiscal year they only schedule four 7 week classes and for FY18 they don't have a 7 week class scheduled in the first quarter. They might, also be trying to get another 5 week trap class added but if they are, I haven't heard about it here yet.

• Dmurray likes this

#177 KyleGalloway

KyleGalloway

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 17:07

The class they are considering adding is a 7 week course. They have plenty of 5 week courses and the current class in house that will start on Monday only has a approx 50 candidates with a max number per class of 95.  For each fiscal year they only schedule four 7 week classes and for FY18 they don't have a 7 week class scheduled in the first quarter. They might, also be trying to get another 5 week trap class added but if they are, I haven't heard about it here yet.

Muffinman, thanks for the heads up that you haven't heard anything. I'm not sure of the process and don't pretend to, but the 5 week class that I am referring to is a class that the Accessions representative at HRC emailed me about. I don't want to name drop, but she is the same person emailing these 7 week folks about a possible date at the end of October. She emailed me saying that there was another 5 week course that they were trying to add and the date would be the 3rd of October. I'm not sure of the validity of this, it's just what I was told. The fact you haven't heard about it makes me believe it is in an infancy stage at HRC and I will be waiting a while for orders. Lol. Thanks, again for the insight. I hope that means I can have am even earlier date! Haha
  • MuffinMan likes this

#178 CG.Mech

CG.Mech

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, helicopters, military, Coast Guard, Vintage Aircraft,
  • Company working for:A/D USCG, AMT3 (MH-65D) (Miami, FL)

Posted 30 June 2017 - 00:17

As of my latest email from HRC, I'm confirmed for WOCS class 18-502 convening on 16 OCT 2017. Anybody else here on the forum going to the same one? 

• Tanner37 likes this

#179 Schroedb87

Schroedb87

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 00:57

That's good news they created that class. Confirm this is the start date for phase 1 correct? Unfortunately I don't think that date will work with my current deployment but maybe I'll see ya'll in WOFT or elsewhere. Going to try and request first thing 2018, whatever is available.

On another note, anyone here married that will be bringing their family/spouse? I've been told to try and stay on base, especially when you start flying based on travel time and flying schedule.

For those who aren't married or bringing family, is it possible to stay on base, whether it's Housing or Barracks or do they push those guys off base?

#180 nannz22m

nannz22m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:45

As of my latest email from HRC, I'm confirmed for WOCS class 18-502 convening on 16 OCT 2017. Anybody else here on the forum going to the same one?  Yup...ill be there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: May 2017, WOFT, Selection

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

NFCVRForum200HomeColoradoHeliOpsHome200Helmet FX Home 200DevoreHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeGenesys VR Forum 200PrecisionVRForumHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016Able_VRHOme200