May 2017 WOFT Board

Interesting. I have a report date of 16OCT. Anyways, I'm going nuts trying to figure out what my BCT date is.

I walked in to the recruiters office and we went around in a few circles. It went like this;

"When is your last day in the Coast Guard?"
"When do I report to Basic Combat Training?"

I can't leave the Coast Guard until they have a BCT date for me!

lol

I think we are starting to get everything figured out. Just worried I wont get my new flight physical back in time to start training.

• Like 2

For anybody who is getting a reservation for the 18-502. I have set up a facebook page to help answer any questions you have and a way for people to get to know one another before getting here.

Group is called "WOCS 18-502". It is a closed group so only candidates please, no spouses at this time.

• Like 1

For anybody who is getting a reservation for the 18-502. I have set up a facebook page to help answer any questions you have and a way for people to get to know one another before getting here.

Group is called "WOCS 18-502". It is a closed group so only candidates please, no spouses at this time.

Roger, I just requested to be apart of it

Yea ATRRS updated the class dates today Tanner was spot on. Apparently its a smaller class only 46 people to attend. Goodluck to anyone who gets in that one and prepare to be the best hold over you can be with all the dang holidays getting in the way of training.

Just wanted to throw this in here for the Army Active Duty types following this thread. I was selected at the May 2017 Board and just got my dates for WOCS today:

Phase 1 (DL) for FY2017

Phase 2 (Resident) with a report date of 3 October 2017, Class 18-501

Hope this helps anyone who's taking the 5 week course!

Hey all looking for a date for the 5 week course; just got my report date for 03 October. If you haven't gotten your emails yet, they should start pouring in!

Just checked my email to find I'll also be in 18-501 with you guys.

I'm excited to finally get some dates, just wish it was tomorrow! On the bright side this gives me plenty of time to get my life organized (house, uniforms, PT) and clear post here.

• Like 2

Just checked my email to find I'll also be in 18-501 with you guys.

I'm excited to finally get some dates, just wish it was tomorrow! On the bright side this gives me plenty of time to get my life organized (house, uniforms, PT) and clear post here.

I was in the same boat but after running through all that needs to be accomplished for a PCS plus the Phase 1 DL portion, it is a perfect amount of time. See you down there, man!

I was in the same boat but after running through all that needs to be accomplished for a PCS plus the Phase 1 DL portion, it is a perfect amount of time. See you down there, man!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to ALARACT 044/2014 it sounds like it's a TDY for us for WOCS, and THEN we go back and clear our losing unit and PCS for the rest of the training.

Unless I'm missing something?

From the ALARACT:

2.B. ALL ACTIVE AND RESERVE COMPONENT SOLDIERS ATTENDING THE WARRANT OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL (WOCS) AND SELECTED FOR AVIATION WILL ATTEND WOCS

IN A TEMPORARY DUTY OR ACTIVE DUTY TRAINING STATUS. ALL SUBSEQUENT IMT REQUIREMENTS WILL BE EXECUTED IN A PERMANENT CHANGE OF (PCS) STATUS AND INCLUDES WARRANT OFFICERS TRANSFERRING TO AVIATION. THIS INCLUDES 153A, ROTARY WING AVIATOR TRAINING, WARRANT OFFICER BASIC COURSE AND FLIGHT

TRAINING.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to ALARACT 044/2014 it sounds like it's a TDY for us for WOCS, and THEN we go back and clear our losing unit and PCS for the rest of the training.

From the ALARACT:

2.B. ALL ACTIVE AND RESERVE COMPONENT SOLDIERS ATTENDING THE WARRANT OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL (WOCS) AND SELECTED FOR AVIATION WILL ATTEND WOCS

IN A TEMPORARY DUTY OR ACTIVE DUTY TRAINING STATUS. ALL SUBSEQUENT IMT REQUIREMENTS WILL BE EXECUTED IN A PERMANENT CHANGE OF (PCS) STATUS AND INCLUDES WARRANT OFFICERS TRANSFERRING TO AVIATION. THIS INCLUDES 153A, ROTARY WING AVIATOR TRAINING, WARRANT OFFICER BASIC COURSE AND FLIGHT

TRAINING.

From the ALARACT:

TRAINING.

Active duty aviators will PCS here. The Tech warrants will be TDY en route to wherever their WOBC is held, but the only Aviators I've ever seen go back to their units are Reserve and NG. Active aviators will go report to B. Co. immediately following graduation from WOCS.

From the ALARACT:

TRAINING.

I can't comment on this too much as I am nowhere near an expert, but as muffinman said, I'm pretty sure we, as Aviator hopefuls, PCS. I'm sure more information will be sent to us for actual dates and times, but I'd prepare for a PCS.

Active duty aviators will PCS here. The Tech warrants will be TDY en route to wherever their WOBC is held, but the only Aviators I've ever seen go back to their units are Reserve and NG. Active aviators will go report to B. Co. immediately following graduation from WOCS.

Interesting, there seems to be a disconnect somewhere then. I believe someone who's actually there over the course documentation, which could be outdated. Still though, the orientation packet clearly says:

18. MOVING DEPENDENTS. You will be in a TDY and return status while at WOCS regardless of MOS (Aviators are IAW ALARACT Message 044/2014 dated 21 Feb 14) and movement of your dependents will not be authorized. Moving your family at your own expense may create undue hardship and is not reimbursable

If that's no longer correct, then either there's a newer, updated orientation packet somewhere else, or the one that's referenced on Milbook and the USACAC WOCC website sorely needs to be updated to save candidates the confusion. It could be that I'm just jumping the gun a little bit and need to be patient, as I only got my class dates today and will get more information in the coming weeks prior to my report date. However (as any married Soldier can understand), my wife is really breathing down my neck about this one, haha.

Some NG/reserve go back to their units until Wobc starts, others start asap so they stick around. Just depends on the unit I guess.

Some NG/reserve go back to their units until Wobc starts, others start asap so they stick around. Just depends on the unit I guess.

I'm in the guard they try and make you stay out there the entire time. They realize as part timers you're giving up a lot in terms of home stability for this training. From what I've heard NG and Reserve don't endure as many "bubbles" as active duty since our unit is the one footing the bill for this training and not the "Big" Army. But don't quote me on the hear say.

Interesting, there seems to be a disconnect somewhere then. I believe someone who's actually there over the course documentation, which could be outdated. Still though, the orientation packet clearly says:

18. MOVING DEPENDENTS. You will be in a TDY and return status while at WOCS regardless of MOS (Aviators are IAW ALARACT Message 044/2014 dated 21 Feb 14) and movement of your dependents will not be authorized. Moving your family at your own expense may create undue hardship and is not reimbursable

If that's no longer correct, then either there's a newer, updated orientation packet somewhere else, or the one that's referenced on Milbook and the USACAC WOCC website sorely needs to be updated to save candidates the confusion. It could be that I'm just jumping the gun a little bit and need to be patient, as I only got my class dates today and will get more information in the coming weeks prior to my report date. However (as any married Soldier can understand), my wife is really breathing down my neck about this one, haha.

What's the date of the orientation packet you are referencing?

It's dated November 2016

That's the most up to date one being issued currently. While you're correct in referencing the orientation pack and the ALARACT, that isn't how things have been handled since at the very least, last August.

For AD candidates, your orders to here should be cut as PCS orders and include moving dependents. Aviators will report 10 day prior to the rest of the class in order to in-process the post. All of the previous prior service guys I've seen come through with family had already moved them down here prior to their 10-day early report date. Spartan, you can contact HHC to confirm this and make sure nothing has changed. DM me if you need the contact info and who to contact.

I'm in the guard they try and make you stay out there the entire time. They realize as part timers you're giving up a lot in terms of home stability for this training. From what I've heard NG and Reserve don't endure as many "bubbles" as active duty since our unit is the one footing the bill for this training and not the "Big" Army. But don't quote me on the hear say.

that is correct. NG/reserve usually have first pick for the training slots. all us active duty end up getting bumped back and waiting around :P

• Like 1

I was just notified today that I'll be attending the WOCS starting 30 Oct. CGMech, Your PSBCT start date should be the same as mine... 5 Sep.

Did you get an email with your class dates? I'm still waiting on mine

For AD candidates, your orders to here should be cut as PCS orders and include moving dependents. Aviators will report 10 day prior to the rest of the class in order to in-process the post. All of the previous prior service guys I've seen come through with family had already moved them down here prior to their 10-day early report date. Spartan, you can contact HHC to confirm this and make sure nothing has changed. DM me if you need the contact info and who to contact.

Wanted to post this here for everyone else's benefit as well. I called HHC to ask about the PCS/TDY situation for active duty candidates and their S1 confirmed that it's a PCS to WOCS for aviation candidates to include moving dependents, contrary to what the orientation packet says. Everyone should get 10 days permissive TDY upon signing in to handle all the matters of getting settled, but I'm planning on taking a few weeks of additional leave to make sure the wife and kids are settled before I start WOCS. Looking forward to seeing the rest of you guys from 18-501 once we all get down there!

Thanks again for all your help, MuffinMan!

• Like 2

Wanted to post this here for everyone else's benefit as well. I called HHC to ask about the PCS/TDY situation for active duty candidates and their S1 confirmed that it's a PCS to WOCS for aviation candidates to include moving dependents, contrary to what the orientation packet says. Everyone should get 10 days permissive TDY upon signing in to handle all the matters of getting settled, but I'm planning on taking a few weeks of additional leave to make sure the wife and kids are settled before I start WOCS. Looking forward to seeing the rest of you guys from 18-501 once we all get down there!

Thanks again for all your help, MuffinMan!

Spartan, thanks for jumping on that grenade for us to get the accurate reporting. Muffinman, thanks for all of your information! See all of the 18-501 folks down there!

• Like 1

Spartan, thanks for jumping on that grenade for us to get the accurate reporting. Muffinman, thanks for all of your information! See all of the 18-501 folks down there!

It's what I'm here for. After being here at HHC waiting for class for so damn long, it's the least I can do.