• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Gilligan

Gilligan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 15:40

How much flight time is an IP getting a year? Did you ever deploy, time seems really low.

#42 Jpaint21

Jpaint21

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:41

IP's get more time than an MTP for sure.  I knew that when I chose MTP, but I already had a bachelor's in Maintenance and an A & P so I thought going MTP would be a better fit for me and help me more in a career in maintenance.  That turns out to not be so true, but it is what it is and there's no use regretting it now.

I did one 9 month tour in Afghanistan as a pilot.  The hours there are not what they used to be, as the drawdowns are happening and such.  I didn't go on the deployment my unit is currently on because of my timeline for getting out and UQR requirements.  I would've gotten over 1000 hours if I had, but I'm not sure I would've broken 1200.  Especially because MTP's typically fly fewer missions because of scheduling and you don't do maintenance flights very far out due to safety.  The optempo just isn't what it was years ago, and the deployments are shorter.

#43 scoobs

scoobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 19:34

How many hours did you get on your 9 month deployment?

#44 Jpaint21

Jpaint21

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:31

How many hours did you get on your 9 month deployment?

About 230

#45 scoobs

scoobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 14:32

Wow, I thought everyone was getting double that. What year did combat supposedly end in Afghanistan?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

PrecisionVRForumHome200Spectrum_VRHome200NFCVRForum200HomeColoradoHeliOpsHome200Genesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR Home