StockTrader

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Interests:Trucks, Baseball, Helicopters
  • Company working for:CW2, US Army, 64 Driver

Posted 15 May 2017 - 19:51

I know the MEPS I went to only adminstered the SIFT like once a month because the demand was not there. So your recruiter may have found that out at the last minute.

#22 mdeneso

mdeneso

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 21:19

It is not that uncommon for MEPS to cancel special testing like the SIFT. I had it happen once or twice at least. Sometimes projections for tests don't go through either (late normally), which is also a possibility. I know it can be very frustrating having to go through a recruiter when you know you are not their top priority, but be persistent and don't rely on them for anything you don't have to.
  • ByteFlighter likes this

#23 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:WOFT

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:47

It is not that uncommon for MEPS to cancel special testing like the SIFT. I had it happen once or twice at least. Sometimes projections for tests don't go through either (late normally), which is also a possibility. I know it can be very frustrating having to go through a recruiter when you know you are not their top priority, but be persistent and don't rely on them for anything you don't have to.

Thanks for the info.

After I made that post, I ended up calling MEPS and talking with the test control officer. Turns out they actually had applicants sitting for the SIFT test that morning, the same morning I was supposed to be scheduled for it, the same morning my recruiter told me that MEPS cancelled all SIFT testing. LOL I'll tell ya, that was quite an interesting conversation I ended up having between my recruiter, me and his First Sergeant.

• Gramps, Gideon and Capt Figgy like this

#24 Mchammer

Mchammer

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 19:17

Hi everyone,

So it's been a hot minute since I posted last. I've been pretty busy with working full time at my job plus I had a family member in the hospital. But just wanted to say that I have my first letter of recommendation locked down from a great CW4. Everything else is still in the works. MC

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Army aviation, Street to seat, High school to flight school

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Genesys VR Forum 200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Helmet FX Home 200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMidwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016PrecisionVRForumHome200Able_VRHOme200DevoreHome200NFCVRForum200Home