• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 david625

david625

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:37

I'm currently in the process of filling out my WO packet. I just have one quick question at this time. I am a civilian and filling at the Resume form 3.2. I just graduated from college in December and I have worked part-time at the college for 4 and a half years. I am still currently employed at the college part-time.

The instructions say to list all civilian experience that may relate to the WO position I am applying for. I don't have any. I played sports in high school but that's about it.  I guess my question is if it is common for civilian applicants to not have any relatable experience when applying?

Thanks,

David

#2 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 14:14

David,

Are you applying as a civilian or current military? The specific forms on USAREC I believe are for active duty only. In my packet I submitted a normal job resume. However, remember that a Warrant Officer is both a technical​ expert in his field and a leader. So be sure to emphasize any jobs that involved problem solving or leadership positions. Those are two examples of characteristics where civilian experience could relate to a Warrant Officer position.

Hope that helps!
Gideon
  • david625 likes this

#3 david625

david625

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 15:01

David,

Are you applying as a civilian or current military? The specific forms on USAREC I believe are for active duty only. In my packet I submitted a normal job resume. However, remember that a Warrant Officer is both a technical​ expert in his field and a leader. So be sure to emphasize any jobs that involved problem solving or leadership positions. Those are two examples of characteristics where civilian experience could relate to a Warrant Officer position.

Hope that helps!
Gideon

I'm sorry I didn't specify but I am applying as a civilian.

So a normal resume will work, with some adjustments made to fit the WO role I am applying for?

My resume is short, 1 page, because I just graduated college. I've been working since I was 16 but I've only had 2 jobs. One was throughout high school in a shingle warehouse and the other at the college I graduated from fixing computers.

Thanks,

David

#4 david625

david625

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:43

I've got another question about the resume portion of the packet. As a civilian, do I also do the summary? Since I am doing a professional resume I did not know if I would still include the summary attached to form 3.2 inside of it.

#5 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:57

David,

I shot ya a PM with an example of what my resume looked like.

Gideon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resume

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

NFCVRForum200HomeHelmet FX Home 200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016PrecisionVRForumHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200DevoreHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeAble_VRHOme200