Packet Question

I'm currently in the process of filling out my WO packet. I just have one quick question at this time. I am a civilian and filling at the Resume form 3.2. I just graduated from college in December and I have worked part-time at the college for 4 and a half years. I am still currently employed at the college part-time.

The instructions say to list all civilian experience that may relate to the WO position I am applying for. I don't have any. I played sports in high school but that's about it. I guess my question is if it is common for civilian applicants to not have any relatable experience when applying?

Thanks,

David

David,

Are you applying as a civilian or current military? The specific forms on USAREC I believe are for active duty only. In my packet I submitted a normal job resume. However, remember that a Warrant Officer is both a technical​ expert in his field and a leader. So be sure to emphasize any jobs that involved problem solving or leadership positions. Those are two examples of characteristics where civilian experience could relate to a Warrant Officer position.

Hope that helps!

Gideon

• Like 1

David,

Are you applying as a civilian or current military? The specific forms on USAREC I believe are for active duty only. In my packet I submitted a normal job resume. However, remember that a Warrant Officer is both a technical​ expert in his field and a leader. So be sure to emphasize any jobs that involved problem solving or leadership positions. Those are two examples of characteristics where civilian experience could relate to a Warrant Officer position.

Hope that helps!

Gideon

I'm sorry I didn't specify but I am applying as a civilian.

So a normal resume will work, with some adjustments made to fit the WO role I am applying for?

My resume is short, 1 page, because I just graduated college. I've been working since I was 16 but I've only had 2 jobs. One was throughout high school in a shingle warehouse and the other at the college I graduated from fixing computers.

Thanks,

David