Flight school information request?

Hello Chaps

I am about to make the decision to start the path to becoming a professional helicopter pilot.

I looking at schools. I am based in Dorset UK. I have done quite a lot of reading and else where.

From what I have read, I think its not really worth me going America, Australia, or New Zealand? To acquire my licence since the EASA has come in? As I would incur additional costs, to fly in the UK and EU?

From something I have read the EASA is accepted in other parts of the world with out much fuss? But not the other way round? Hence why the need for retraining when looking to work in the EU?

The school I was thinking of going with is Phoenix Helicopters at Goodwood Aerodrome, UK.

Which is fairly local to me. I have sent an email asking the usual questions, like how many hours does it take for the average man to go from zero to full helicopter licence? They state in their literature 190 hours.

Which I suspect is the bare minimum and based on the assumption the student passes everything first time.

So is Phoenix Helicopter Academy in Chichester a good school? Is there any other recommended helicopter flying schools in Dorset, Hampshire, or Wiltshire area? Which train to EASA CPL(H).

Dave