• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mkang

mkang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 18:41

What is required to receive a waiver for someone who received ADHD medication for 4 months, but has been declared symptom free? What would a doctor or psychiatrist need to do on their part to get class 1 flight physical approved?   Does having this on record disqualify a person? 

#2 LuckyFool117

LuckyFool117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 13:15

I just recieved my approved Flight Medical Waiver for ADHD. It took 6 months due to a back log of waivers that were ahead of mine. I first had to get a waiver for general enlistment then another for flight. I have not been selected nor have I been to any boards at this time. My packet is almost complete all I have left to do is a Physical Fitness Test. Good luck!

#3 amp

amp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 19:08

I just submitted my packet with a waiver for this. This is the APL that the flight surgeon sent me.

Attached Files

#4 LuckyFool117

LuckyFool117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 19:20

When I took my Flight Physical I was scheduled both a Psychology review in person with an ARMY Psychologist and a verbal/ written Psych test. The ARMY Psychologist was pretty cool, we just sat and talked for an hour about my life. The written/ verbal test was 4 hours long and consisted mainly of memory games. This test was administered by a Neuropsychologist who was a civilian. Then I waited 6 months for the waiver to be reviewed and approved.

#5 amp

amp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 21:04

Did you take an IQ Test as part of the testing? I had a civilian psychologist do all of the testing and prepare the report. Part of it was an IQ Test and the extensive MMPI test.

#6 LuckyFool117

LuckyFool117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 00:01

To be honest I'm not sure. I don't remember ever being given an IQ score afterwards. The civilian just kinda smiled and told me not worry.

#7 amp

amp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:40

My packet was kicked back needing additional testing. Specifically, I need what is called Continuous Performance Testing. This includes tests like Conners, Integrated Visual and Auditory Continuous Performance Test, or TOVA. Did you have to include any of these?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Helmet FX Home 200PrecisionVRForumHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200DevoreHome200NFCVRForum200HomeAble_VRHOme200Genesys VR Forum 200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016HeliHelmets-VR Home