• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Luke91

Luke91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 19:32

I broke down and decided to get on here in hopes of receiving feedback towards my 2017 packet.

I applied in 2015 & 2016 and was FQ-NS. Now I am looking at applying this year for a 3rd time.

Currently...

GT: 122

SIFT: 46

APFT: 291

Military: 7 years AD Army EOD

Civilian Education: AS in Aeronautics Degree with a 3.88 GPA. 73 semester hours towards a BS in Aeronautics with a 3.88 GPA

Flight: No Hours

Physical: Stamped/No Waivers 

LORS: CO, BC, CW3, and CW4

Volunteer Hours: 300 Hours

I am working towards getting a 300 on my APFT, possible flight time, and hoping to locate a CW5 for a LOR. I need all of the help that I can get, as I truly want to be selected this year.

Any thoughts?

• mezz likes this

#2 mezz

mezz

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:54

Hey Luke! We have very similar stats aside from prior military experience (I'm a civilian) and I've completed my bachelors. You have me curious now, I was told you can only be FQ-NS one time and then if you dont get selected again there is no third chance? What boards are you going for? I wish you the best of luck.

Mezz
  • mezz likes this

#3 Luke91

Luke91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 13:43

Mezz,

I think I know what you are talking about. For example: I applied for the September Board and was FQ-NS. So my packet automatically got put into the November Board (for a 2nd chance). In November I was NS-NC. That was my last chance for a year from the date on my DA 61. Once I wait a year, I can apply again. As for as I know, you can apply every year until you are too old or something like that. Which there are waivers for that kind of stuff as well.
  • mezz likes this

#4 krustchinsky

krustchinsky

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 14:30

Keep working at it, the pilot shortage is real. I respect that perseverance. If you can try and pursue a CW5 letter, it would round off what is already an awesome packet. Good luck!

• mezz likes this

#5 mezz

mezz

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 14:42

Mezz,

I think I know what you are talking about. For example: I applied for the September Board and was FQ-NS. So my packet automatically got put into the November Board (for a 2nd chance). In November I was NS-NC. That was my last chance for a year from the date on my DA 61. Once I wait a year, I can apply again. As for as I know, you can apply every year until you are too old or something like that. Which there are waivers for that kind of stuff as well.

oh wow, didn't know that. Thanks for the info Luke. Again best of luck. You'll get in eventually, don't give up!!!

#6 Luke91

Luke91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 15:32

Krustchinsky,

Thanks for the support. Locating a CW5 for a LOR is the plan! Hopefully I can get that accomplished soon.

#7 Luke91

Luke91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 15:34

Good luck to you as well Mezz. To answer your question from earlier.. I am looking at applying for the November 2017 Board.

#8 15BTech

15BTech

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 13:09

Mezz,

Luke you can always apply for an ETP for the year wait. If something significantly changes in your packet (ie. Get a CW5 letter, more college, or higher APFT) you should be able to apply before the year wait period.

#9 Gideon

Gideon

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 19:13

Luke, may I ask where you are currently located?

#10 Luke91

Luke91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 20:17

Thanks 15BTech! I actually did not know that until 3-4 weeks ago. Wish I had known that sooner. Regardless, it does not change my timeline for this year. Would have been handy the last 2 years though.

Gideon, I am located at Fort AP Hill, VA

#11 mezz

mezz

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:56

That's pretty crazy Luke, I am just leaving fort hill with my recruiter from taking the Sift test! How come you arent going for a sooner board?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

MaunaLoaVRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Genesys VR Forum 200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMidwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016NFCVRForum200HomeHelmet FX Home 200DevoreHome200