2017 WOFT Board

Hey guys just FQ-NS for the May17 board. My luck one of the 6 for 153A. Thought I would put up some basic stats to see what I could do to improve my chances for the JULY17 board.

age-28

Branch-Army

SIFT-41 (BARELY I KNOW)

PT-263 (but took one the other day and got 300)

college- 49 credits towards EMS: fire science

Rank-E5

If you have any other questions please feel to ask. I am active duty in the center of the Universe.

Thanks for the support.

Hey guys just FQ-NS for the May17 board. My luck one of the 6 for 153A. Thought I would put up some basic stats to see what I could do to improve my chances for the JULY17 board.

age-28

Branch-Army

SIFT-41 (BARELY I KNOW)

Rank-E5

If you have any other questions please feel to ask. I am active duty in the center of the Universe.

Thanks for the support.

Well I would definitely update the PT score.. if it was me, I'd update the DA 61(you'll have to get your commander to sign it again) and also on your ERB. Speaking of ERB, make sure it's all up to date with everything, make sure the months by your duty stations are updated and there's no duplicate duty positions (S1 can do all of this)

I also would go through the resume, make sure it's all written professionally (have someone look at it), and then I would update the summary portion, I'm not sure how yours is written, but I changed mine to add a little personality to try to show my passion for aviation.

Depending on who wrote your letters and how many you have, you could maybe try to get 1 more from a CW5 if you don't have one already.

I was selected on my second look and did all of these things to make sure I wasn't passed over. It might be a lot to get done by the updates deadline but I personally think the worst thing you could do is just let your packet ride.

And also when you do send your updates, send them all in one email scanned individually (i numbered the updates the same as what they were), make the subject the same as when you originally sent your packet. Then in the email I put a quick "Updating packet for PT score increase/Letter of recommendation blah blah" and then I listed the documents I was updating.

age-28

Branch-Army

SIFT-41 (BARELY I KNOW)

Rank-E5

Thanks for the support.

Hi Bencall,

I'm curious what LORs you used in your packet as they're not listed? Did you obtain LORs from active duty aviators?

What Wheelsup said is spot on, and good advice for anybody in your shoes.

Good luck man! Hope to see you on the other side.

Hey gents,

Just updated all of my info and sent it up to Knox. I had a CW4, and my COC. Today I had a CW5 of the combat aviation brigade here look at it and he said the only thing he would work on was the last part of the 3.2 in the summary. So I edited that a bit and made it about 4 paragraphs and some fluff.

Thanks wheelsup and I apologize for taking so long to respond. I am hearing it is taking about 5-7 months to get into WOCS. If that the case I will be waiting to hear if I deploy or not before attending WOCS!

Working my butt off for this and helping others put in their packet. I will recommend him to this site. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

Hey gents,

Just updated all of my info and sent it up to Knox. I had a CW4, and my COC. Today I had a CW5 of the combat aviation brigade here look at it and he said the only thing he would work on was the last part of the 3.2 in the summary. So I edited that a bit and made it about 4 paragraphs and some fluff.

Thanks wheelsup and I apologize for taking so long to respond. I am hearing it is taking about 5-7 months to get into WOCS. If that the case I will be waiting to hear if I deploy or not before attending WOCS!

Working my butt off for this and helping others put in their packet. I will recommend him to this site. Thanks everyone!

No problem... I'll post on here when I receive orders so you can get a better timeframe from another AD applicant (I hope I won't have to wait 5-7 months). Even if you deploy, your orders should supersede the deployment. You may still have to go but they should send you home early to meet your class date. Either way, it'll work itself out. Good luck man