Can you submit a WOFT Packet while still enrolled in ROTC?

Hello!

I am a relatively new member to this forum (you can probably see I just created my account today), but I've been reading religiously through the forums for almost 3 weeks now.

As the question states, I am currently a contracted MS3 cadet in ROTC, but I've been thinking more and more about trying to go the WOFT route to aviation. I want to fly, no matter what, and with ROTC I don't like the idea of ending up in another branch. I've spoken with my ROTC cadre and they seem to be on board with the idea. I know I'd most likely have to pay back my scholarship, but if it means being an Army Aviator I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Now, my primary question comes from my appointment I had with my recruiter today. He didn't seem very knowledgeable about the process to begin with, which started throwing up some red flags. And it seemed to me, as I've been reading through the forums, that there shouldn't any reason why I couldn't submit a packet to the civilian WOFT board while still enrolled in ROTC. There's not contractual obligation if I don't get selected, correct? My recruiter insisted that I must first dis-enroll from ROTC in order to submit a packet for the board, but my ROTC program cadre seem to think otherwise.

I was just hoping someone had dealt with the situation before, because I cannot find anything in the forums.

Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hey,

If I were you I would use the provided email to ask this question to the WO recruiting team themselves. The team is responsive so you can expect a pretty speedy response. They have helped me a ton... Go to the WO Recruiting team "Contact us" page for further contact information if needed.

Email the following address;

usarmy.knox.usarec.mbx.9sbn-wo-team-questions@mail.mil

Good luck!

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I know this was posted a while ago, but if you haven't already, start talking to some recruiters. Being in ROTC is a road block, especially with that scholarship, but not impossible if you really want it. I am not contracted ROTC going for WO also, so I'd love to know if you followed through with WOFT and if so, how its gone!

Good luck!