Backlog of Flight Physicals

Hello All,

I was notified by my Flight Surgeon that there is a backlog of Aeromedical Flight Physicals at Ft. Rucker dating back Oct of last year.

My flight physical has been in the que since 26 January 2017. As of today, 19 April, I'm still awaiting a stamp of approval from Ft. Rucker. I missed the deadline for WO packet submission for the May selection board due to this holdup and at this rate will probably miss the packet submission deadline for the July selection board.

I'm Active Duty approaching 14 years of Active Federal Service and recently turned 33. So I have 2 waivers to submit.. and the longer I have to wait to submit my packet hurts my chances of selection.

I recently got promoted to SFC and have been offered career enhancing jobs and PCS opportunities but once I tell them I have a pending WO packet, they rescind the offers. What if I pass up on these great offers and I don't get selected for Warrant? I see it as shooting myself in the foot and may hurt my chances for E-8.

Seeing that there's an Army-wide shortage of aviation pilots, you would think the process to streamline flight physicals would be faster. I don't think my case of waiting 3 months for a stamp is the norm as I've read posts on this forum where some received stamps after within 10 days, 7 days, and even 48 hours.

Anybody in a similar situation as myself.. still having to wait almost 3 months? Is there a way to expedite this process?

Sorry for the long post..

• Like 1

Hi,

I am a sister service applicant. My medical was approved in about a week and a half. I was not under the impression that there was a backlog... I would call the Aeromedical center and inquire about your flight physical.

Hope you resolve this soon brother. Good luck.

• Like 1

I believe the number is somewhere in the FAQs on the Warrant recruiting website. Try Googling it too, if you can't find it.

I've never called but a buddy who applied with me dug up their number pretty easily for some questions he had. You should find it easily.